The Author’s Return! Realmshaker!
486 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Howdy! I'm back!

First of all, I want to thank everyone who supported The Lazy Hungry Giantess when it came out. I was new to LitRPG, and I was going at it half-cocked. Every chapter I posted was as fresh as they got, and I didn't give myself time to plan things out or rework certain story elements. I did have ideas of where I wanted to go, but I got sidetracked, and I started to doubt myself considerably.

So, I stopped posting The Lazy Hungry Giantess.

I took a step back.

And then I returned to Rhonda's story with a fresh outlook. I came to terms with what I liked the most about The Lazy Hungry Giantess and what we could certainly do without. So, I pulled the strongest elements out of it, and then I started working on my own LitRPG system mechanics. That's... that's the part that took the longest, honestly.

Like, seriously, how do you reinvent LitRPG? Usually, you don't. You have stories like He Who Fights With Monsters or Randidly Ghosthound who do interesting things with their LitRPG mechanics, and then everyone follows after them eventually. Or you mix cultivation with LitRPG and see where you go from there.

I don't think I can reinvent anything, but I can do things a little differently. And while we're having fun with that new system--The Star System--I revamped Rhonda's character so that she's not an isekai. The Lazy Hungry Giantess made me realize Rhonda's way more interesting as a genuine giantess with her own culture and all of that.

But I also wanted to isolate her and put her in a position similar to an isekai'd protagonist. So... I took a page from Samurai Jack's book and, well, you'll see.

Another big change I'm excited about is that the story follows Rhonda as closely as it can get. The pace is faster than The Lazy Hungry Giantess, but Realmshaker also takes its time to develop mini-plot points as we climb toward the bigger ones.

I guess there are lots to talk about. I've already written 80k of the story (most of it is on Patreon), and I'm pretty happy with its direction. 

Free releases are Monday through Thursday, and you can find them here at REALMSHAKER.

You can also read it on RoyalRoad if you prefer.

Enjoy!

And again, thank you!

 

 

3