Chapter 7 – Miss Rhonda, the Administrator would like to speak with you now p.2
842 9 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Birds were tweeting.

Their chirping stirred Rhonda from the deep embrace of proper sleep. She resurfaced from the unconscious darkness slowly, emerging a little more when she realized the chirps were close. Small sensations along her body followed the sounds.

Her eyes fluttered open, her vision opaque at first. Once it cleared, she looked down and saw little birds that were bright yellow with red spots. They were fluttering over her chest while she remained perfectly still. Then they started splashing around in a little puddle gathered in the middle of her cleavage.

They were using her to bathe, and Rhonda found it fascinating enough not to disturb them. She watched them splash-splash, hop around her breasts, then splashed some more. They tweeted at each other, the little noise sounding pleasant to Rhonda.

Then, as if satisfied by their bath on a giantess’s body, they took to the air together. They flew over Rhonda’s face, spiraled around above the tip of her nose, and shot upward. They disappeared in the golden beams of sunrise streaming through the holes in the ceiling.

“Pretty,” Rhonda said.

Mmmm, what a fantastic way to start a new day! Good morning, world, good morning, Big R!

“Morning.”

You’re so short and crisp with your answers. I bet people would think you’re all gruff and no talk. Couple with your size and lioness voice, they won’t know you have a cute side.

“It’s whatever.”

Rhonda didn’t particularly care for the opinions of others. It was too much of a waste of time and energy. She was better off not stressing over others and relaxing like she was doing now.

Last night she fell asleep under the rain with a small pile of stone under her head. The floor beneath her was flooded with rainwater, and her body was still soaking wet. She probably looked like a good landing spot for the birds, which explained why they had visited her body.

That was okay with her. It was nice to know she could be useful even as she rested. It made her rest all the more purposeful. It made her more inclined to return to sleep and keep a good thing she had here going.

But her stomach growled.

Rhonda grimaced.

Rhonda wondered if more water would help with her hunger. It greatly reduced the hunger pain last night, allowing her to fall asleep after she finished pleasing herself.

Rhonda curled her toes. She bit the edge of her lip. Her hand rose out of the water, the fingers crawling down her smooth belly toward its new favorite destination.

Rhonda, no.

“No?” Rhonda snarled, furrowing her brow. 

Eeek! I’m sorry. I’m sorry. It’s just. It would stop being special if you do that all the time. I’m just advising this, so it remains positive for you each time.

Rhonda pouted. She tapped her fingers on her pelvis. Her heart was beating faster with anticipation. She tapped faster. Then faster and faster. Then she raised her hand and slapped her thigh, the noise resounding up and down the hallway.

“Fine.” Rhonda huffed angrily. “Once a night?”

That sounds reasonable to me. Again, I’m sorry for overstepping my bounds, great one. I just… feel strongly about this. Maybe I abused myself that way.

Rhonda startled a little. “You can abuse yourself?”

Ah, well, yes. If you’re not careful, the things you find pleasurable can become an addiction. Then you become a slave to it.

Rhonda stared at her naughty hand warily. She… she would be more choosey with this special occasion if what Londa said turned out to be true. It wasn’t that she doubted Londa, but now that they were separate entities sharing a body, Londa clearly carried the wisdom Rhonda lacked in some places.

“Well,” Rhonda said, moving on, “I’m hungry again.”

It’s another day, and the System seems to have left us along. We can continue to make our getaway now.

Rhonda grunted, dropping her hand beside her. She slapped the water, amusing herself with the rippling waves sloshing back and forth.

“But I don’t want to move.” Rhonda sighed. “I’m so comfortable now. And the view above is pretty.”

I’ll support whatever decision you choose, madam.

“Londa.”

Y-yes.

“I like you.” Rhonda smiled. “You’re kind to me, but you’re also wise. You stopped me from doing something that would make things harder for me. I’m happy that I have you.”

Excuse me. I’m going to die now.

Rhonda jolted, sitting upright. “No, don’t! That’s not fair! You can’t go without me.”

Ahahahahaha! Londa laughed. I’m sorry. I don’t mean that for real. I meant your words meant so much to me. It made me feel so incredible I could’ve died happy.

“Oh.” Rhonda frowned. “Well, look, now I’m up.”

With a heavy sigh, Rhonda climbed to her feet since she was already halfway up. Besides, it would be better to find a way out sooner than later. Then she could find proper food and sleep better when night came around again.

At least it was amusing to watch and feel water slosh off of her in great heaps. It streamed down the shape of her body, leaving only a few droplets. Her hair stuck to her shoulders and the side of her face while weighed down from soaking up water.

I’m going to have to teach you how to care for your hair, I bet.

Rhonda thought on the matter. She had a hazy idea about needing to dry her hair, braid it, and use… products? She shrugged. She would let Londa tell her what to do and take care of it from there. But that would happen later.

“Let’s find the way out before I get super hungry again.”

Don’t you need to, y’know, relieve yourself?”

Rhonda quirked an eyebrow.

Let loose the stream? Make it rain gold? Um, uh, peeeee-eee-eee?

Rhonda looked down at her crotch. She waited for a sensation that would tell her she needed to release her buildup. None arrived.

“Nope.”

Huh… wow, your body is convenient.

“Yeah.”

Well, that’s a good thing because I think I know how we can ditch this place and not waste anymore of your precious time, queen.

Rhonda perked up, smiling broadly. She then noticed she was feeling way more enthusiastic than before. Like she had found some missing energy that breathed life into her body, allowing her to move easier, to think clearer, and just be. Yes, her hunger was a constant pain in her life, but her slumber after last night’s activities was really beneficial.

“Whatever you have in mind, I’m feeling good enough to do it.”

In other words, Londa had a motivated Rhonda to work with!

If what Londa had in mind was efficient enough, Rhonda figured she would quickly find food and quickly find her next resting spot.

That was the sole reason to work. To provide for the simple pleasures of—

 

The Administrator:

Allllllllrrrrrrrrrrrrrright! I’m FINALLY freaking free to deal with this freaking bull!

Wooooo-freaking-me!

Big gasp.

You!!!!!!!

You, you, you, you, yooooooooooooooou!

You.

 

Rhonda stared at the message box. It was like the System, but the tone of the words was way different. Then she saw that it was coming from the Administrator and wondered what happened to the System.

“Where’s System?”

 

The System:

I’m everywhere, Rhonda. 

But after last night’s events, I thought I’ll leave you alone.

I did say the Administrator would be on his way.

 

I think this means we’re in trouble, Londa whispered. 

“Nothing new.” Rhonda shrugged.

 

The Administrator:

I’m nothing new? What… no. I won’t even address that.

I shouldn’t be addressing any of this. I have loads more problems to deal with than this.

But I couldn’t ignore this because of you! You! You! You! Have taken my favorite character I’ve been saving, and you’re wasting my badass baby by going against my established SOP.

Do you know why I have an SOP? A Standards of Operation, which starts with a simple, EXP-BOOSTED tutorial?

So there’s some order.

So we can guide you in the beginning rather than letting you bumble around with one finger up your nose and another up your bum.

So that, despite how chaotic this business can get, we understand what needs to happen when and where, and with whom. Why? Forget that. Just fulfill your duty, and screw off without screwing with my process.

But noooooooooooooo!

You and other whiny babies before you want to be Wah! Wah! Wah! I’m my own person! Wah! I do what I want!

Well, guess what?

You stopped being your own person once we loaded you up in that body.

You’re mine to do with.

The System is the aid, and I’m the master of this hunky-dunky-wonky world that’s kept together with some gum and ducktape.

So be a good little big girl and do as you’re told.

Or else.

Understood?

 

“No.”

 

The Administrator:

Are you saying no as in you don’t understand, or no as in you’re refusing to fall in line?

 

“No.”

 

The Administrator:

Is she freaking messing with me?

 

“No.”

 

The System:

Sir, Rhonda is an unwavering being of incredible fortitude. I’ve concluded that the tutorial hasn’t been molded efficiently for her personality. We’re trying to force our way too much. Maybe we can still salvage this if you recode my parameters and allow me to exercise a softer touch.

 

Rhonda squinted at the System. It sounded more reasonable than before. She wondered if he was trying to appeal to her good side to avoid being inevitably eaten by her.

The Administrator:

You know how in the military there’s good order and discipline? Every grunt hears a command, and they agree without question. What makes you think that’ll work if the military allows each grunt to think they have a bigger dick… or clit… than they really do.

That won’t fly there, and that won’t fly here.

So, honey, you better⁠—

 

Rhonda lunged forward and bit through the Administrator’s message box. She knew it wasn’t going to do anything, but it was part of a message she wanted to send.

“You’re mean. If I ever get my hands on you, I would either eat you or do something mean back. If you want to avoid that, leave me alone now.”

 

The Administrator:

System, tell her the things.

The System:

The EXP-boost has been removed.

The Lvl 8, 9, and 10 giant rats that were part of the second questline were leveled up and evolved into Lvl 20 ferocious rats.

There are 15 of them, and they will almost certainly kill you, a Lvl 7, once you’re surrounded.

The Administrator:

Which means you’re gonna die, sweetheart, because you’re ALLLREADY surrounded.

Look up, look forward, and look behind you.

Dummy.

 

Rhonda narrowed her eyes at the messages. Slowly, she did as she was told and glanced around. She was nearly startled at what she found.

 Large rat monsters about two feet high and six feet long were positioned to gang up on her from multiple angles. Four of them peeked through the hole in the ceiling right above her with shiny crimson eyes, their sickle-like claws scraping at the rotten wood.

They emitted eerie clicking sounds when they stretched their mouths open and revealed terribly wicked teeth that could certainly rip through her flesh. Then the rats made a THUNK sound when their jaws snapped shut, displaying enough biting power that could easily chop a draugr in two, no doubt.

Rhonda gulped. She was more confident and comfortable with her abilities now after fighting draugrs. Her belief in herself was stronger thanks to Londa cheering her on to live as she pleased. But even she understood when she was incredibly outmatched.

“I… I can’t do as I please?”

 

The System:

I… I apologize, Rhonda, but everything is a slave to something. If you wish to blame anyone, blame me. I convinced the Administrator to give you a character with the greatest potential for power in Mythokos. But that comes with a price.

The Administrator:

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuup. So if you don’t want to be vermin food and turds, you’re going to accept what’s demanded of you. I rather destroy you now than let you run off with what’s mine.

 

Rhonda felt hot water gather at the corner of her eyes. She fought against it. She didn’t want to give the Administrator the satisfaction of her tears. More importantly, she didn’t want to look weak in front of Londa. She believed in Rhonda so much. She gave Rhonda her existence, and all she asked was for her to do as she pleased.

Rhonda… I can sense what’s happening inside of you. It’s okay. It’s smarter to give in. I will still call you all sorts of awesome pet names. You’re already mighty, girl—way mightier than me.

Rhonda gritted her teeth.

An image of a frail smile on a thin, malnourish face flickered across Rhonda’s eyes. It was Londa’s smile, which was followed by Londa’s words:

I may not be able to remember, but I know I was a loser in my past life. I guess it’s no different here, huh, Rhonda?

 

The Administrator:

Yaaaaaaaawn. 

Okay, time’s up.

What do you say, sweetie-pie?

You’re ready to be a good doggie?

It’ll be simple. I say jump; you say how high.

I’ll train you well.

Then you’ll be the faithful support to the REAL heroes since you’re clearly too dumb to be the main.

But you’ll be fed, cared for, and all of that.

All you gotta do is be a good soldier… uNdErSTOOd?

 

29