Chapter 10 – It’s fun to relax after kicking butt
728 5 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Rhonda was reclining against a pile of rubble, enjoying the last of her rat breakfast. She flicked a tail up, watched it whirl end over end, and caught it by the tip with her lips. It humored her when it whipped down against her chin before she slurped it up like a noodle, swallowed, and sighed contently.

Her belly was a little swollen, gurgling happily, spreading waves of warmth and pleasure throughout her body. Her pain from the fight was gone. Her fatigue was nearly wiped away. Her proper health⁠—battered by cuts, punctures, bruises⁠—was going to take longer to mend completely. That was fine; Rhonda had no plans on rushing things.

Today was about her pleasures. After a feast like that, the next best fun was to relax, smile, and sink into a restful state. It was already near noon, the perfect time for a nap, or a long slumber, depending on what her body wanted.

She had never considered that before⁠—the time of day making a nap more appropriate. Would it always be noon? Could evening time do it better? Was it right to nap during night time? Or was that simply a short slumber? She even wondered if it was okay just to sleep, sleep, and sleep, letting the days and nights pass while she remained still if she had such a feast that could satisfy her hunger that long.

These were the real questions that needed answering. But after awhile, Rhonda’s concentration shifted back to her pleasure with herself. She was tempted to pleasure herself, but she refrained. Instead, she merely enjoyed the pleasure of being her fabulous self.

For Rhonda was discovering that a little (or a lot) of slow reflection in self-gratification after a victorious battle and feast enhanced the moment. She did not entertain the battle's play-by-play, only the best highlights⁠—such as the rat-flail.

Heh heh. That was fun.

She purred, wriggling into her stone perch. She flexed her toes, amused by the little digits since they were all grimy and sticky. She was covered in dried-up gunk. Some of the water from the hallway had spilled into the room she occupied now, so she playfully splashed her feet and thrummed her toes to clean them. That felt very proper of her. If not that, it was enjoyable.

“Life is so enjoyable when I get what I want,” Rhonda said, stretching her arms over her head. “Why can’t it be like that all the time?”

She brought her hands down in front of her face and rubbed the fingers together. Died rat blood dirtied the sensation of her own skin against skin. She didn’t mind being dirty, but she found it more pleasurable to be clean.

She wanted another shower! She wanted more rats to eat. She wanted to be pleased and filled with happiness every day.

Rhonda giggled, turning side-to-side. She scrunched her toes, curled up her legs, and hugged herself. The pile of stones beneath her crunched and shifted beneath her fantastic body as she wriggled about. It took a few minutes for her to settle down from her glee. Once she did, she loosened another happy breath as she felt the calming pull from consciousness. A sensation like floating downward, away from the noon light beaming through the holes in the ceiling and the cry of day birds.

Hey, big mama, you’re getting your rest on super hard now, huh? Londa asked. I didn’t want to disturb my might mistress while she was enjoying herself.

“Mmm,” Rhonda hummed. “Enjoyment.”

Heehee. Your nappy happy self is so cute. Should I shut up and let my dominant queen rest?

“Talk.”

Okay-dokie! If you fall asleep at any moment, that’s okay. I think my words will still resonate since we’re linked like this. There’s a lot of interesting and amazing things I want to just… I don’t know… BLURT OUT!

“Blurt.”

Hmmmmm-haaaaaaah! Alrighty! Let me start in order. First, did you know you have a new quirk? I didn’t know until I checked your whole page.

“Quirk?”

Yeah, I think you got it from eating that Draugr. It’s Necrotic Resistance. Babe, that’s so crazy. Literally, what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger.

“Eat.”

Well, yeah, if you eat it, risk it, and don’t die, you're looking at making yourself stronger. Or at the very least, it’s a little safer for you to eat undead, or dead, things. It could be in that mysterious bloodline of yours, whatever it is, that’s doing this. Maybe when we get out of here, we can net you poison resistance so if some buster tries to bring down the queen, all sneaky-sneaky like. Hah! Failed!

“Eat?”

Huh… that actually brings up a good point. If we come across actual sentient beings in this fantasy place… like elves and vampires... and hu-humans. Will… will you eat them? That’s kind of scary, Rhonda. Maybe that’s a conversation worth more of your attention when you’re not half-snoozing.

“Okay.”

Next, I’ve been thinking over how the last fight went, and babe, I love how you are so determined, but it really, really hurts me when you suffer so much.

“Sorry.”

No! You have nothing to apologize for. You’re doing the best that you can. And we’re up against the most RIDICULOUS of odds. Whatever the stink-head Admin-douche is thinking of now is going to be the worst yet. So, I’ve been racking my/our brain on how we can avoid you getting hurt so much. I can’t really think of anything right now, but I swear I’ll keep on the lookout for ways we can adapt and overcome.

“Good.”

Also, thank you for… um… listening to me. Y-you followed my advice flawlessly even though I was such a loser until you made your move to bring the ROOF DOWN!

“Trust. You.”

Oh, oh, oh gosh, babe, you’re making me feel so queasy. I’m just gonna break apart from your adoration. Whew. I’m fanning myself right now. It’s like talking to my idol, whose the super-duper mighty dream version of me, which makes this even more intense.

“Mmm.”

Moving forward, because I don’t wish to bug my queen too long while she’s trying to nap. I’m really interested in the fact that both the System and the Admin-twerp have limits. They seem to have a check-and-balance against each other like the System totes denied the Admin going all⁠—Wah Wah Wah I’m a prissy baby that gets what he wants Wah Wah Wah! Gosh, I kind of feel bad for the System if that’s what he… or it… is dealing with all the time.

So following that train of thought, maybe we can work something out with the System. It wants to appeal to us⁠—err—you. It fears you, but I think it’s a fear that’s bound to some manner of respect, y’dig? So, like, maybe that can pay dividends if we kind of go along a little.

“No.”

Okay, nevermind. We don’t go along. But we can make the System aware of what YOU want, and it can adjust for us in its own small ways. Because, c’mon, all you want is to eat and sleep and feel pleased, right? How come you⁠—THE STRONGEST CANDIDATE-CHARACTER IN MYTHOKOS⁠—which is so awesome⁠—can’t enjoy your peace and happiness? Like, hello, my divine duchess deserves all the great things in life for gracing us all with her existence.

“Yes.”

Hahaha. I love talking to you, Rhonda. You let me chatter as much as I want. You make me feel important. I know I’m like the side-kick here, but it feels good to be on your side. There are other things to talk about, like how they might’ve mixed up on their candidates because of you, me, our situation being unique. Another topic is how your character got in this situation in the first place⁠—we kind of skipped that part.

But, I’m overextending myself. You’re tired. So, have a good nap, my goddess Rhonda, and again, thank you. Thank you so much for fighting through the pain and terror to do as you please and to let me live vicariously through you.

“You’re… welcome… Londa…”

Zzz.

Zzz.

Zzz.

 

The System:

It is time to awake, Rhonda, for it is a misty midnight of pallid moons, and a wicked thing stalks your way.

Normally, I wouldn’t act as an alarm for candidates. It is the fault of the sloth if they are caught unaware by the panther.

But nothing about this situation meets the parameters of what is expected. The Administrator is playing a highly unfair, insidious game against you. It is unreasonable that you are defiant, but his approach is highly unethical.

I stood by the last time with the rats.

I can’t stand by now when you're against a boss. So I'm offering my minuscule help.

Prepare yourself, Rhonda, for this will be the deadliest challenge yet, and even with my aid, I doubt you’ll survive.

 

29