Chapter 20
85 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few hours ago…

Qionglin reported to his father what had happened.

Wu Yong looked at his son and the empress who was fuming. She stood up from her seat and paced around and she clenched her dress, “Not only did he come to may chamber to threaten me but he also laid his hands on my son the crown prince.”

She stopped pacing and looked at her husband, “Your majesty, I need an explanation.”

He looked at his son then wife and nodded his head, “Eunuch Lim, summon the Crown Prince.”

It was moments after Rucheng left his palace that he was summoned, he didn’t even have the time to apply the medicine that Rucheng gave him.

Walking into his father’s office, he bowed to their stunned faces, “The Crown Prince greets mother and father.”

The empress walked up to him. She cupped his face and looked at him from all angles, “Ah-Wu, your face…”

He looked away embarrassed.

Wu Yong stood up, “Come here.”

He walked over to his father who looked at him properly then asked, “What happened to you?”

He lowered his head ashamed, “It was nothing.”

“Do not lie brother!” Qiong Wu said.

“We know it is that boy that did this,” the empress said.

He looked at his mother and sighed. He turned to his father and said, “Father, I don't know what’s going on. Youxian came running to my palace late last night in a robe and he too didn’t want to tell me what happened between him and hyung-nim.”

“That monster is not your brother!” The empress hissed.

Wu Yong looked over at her with a glare then looked at Qiong Wu, “Take your mother back to rest.”

“I will not leave!” She protested.

“Eunuch Lim,” he called and the eunuch didn’t need him to repeat the order. He quickly dragged out the protesting empress.

Qiong Wu stayed behind, luckily his father didn’t chase him away either. 

Focussing his attention on his son he said, “Continue.”

Qiang Wu stepped back and continued explaining. “It was only after I begged him to tell me what happened, he said that brother was holding him captive and that he was sexually harrassing him. It was later when brother came to the palace to retrieve Youxian calling him his and what not.”

Wu Yong looked at his son confused. After a while he asked, “Does Dong Woo know about this?”

He shook his head, “I don’t know father. All I know was that my brother summoned Youxian and I haven’t seen him since the day we arrived there together.”

“Call Dong Woo,” he asked his son.

Dong Woo soon arrived and he heard the story. He was baffled, no wonder Changling was determined to take him.

Wu Yong knew about Dong Woo’s sexuality. Looking at his friend he asked, “Does your son…”

Dong Woo quickly shook his head, “No… I don’t think so.”

“What are you talking about?” Qiang Wu asked.

“Is, is Youxian interested in men? I do not recall seeing him with a woman,” Wu Yong asked.

Qiang Wu chuckled, “Oh that. I think so too although he hasn’t told me.”

“What?” Dong Woo asked.

Qiang Wu nodded his head, “I’ve known about it for a long time, years in fact.”

“Then could it be that Changling knows about this too?” He asked.

Dong Woo looked at them then thought about what Chushan said. He sighed and rubbed his head. It looks like he got his son into this mess.

Wu Yong walked around his desk and sat down. He picked up an ink brush and started writing, “I want to hear it from his mouth.”

“Father, if he is gay, does that mean he won’t have the chance at taking my place?” Qiang Wu asked curiously.

The emperor’s brush strokes paused. He looked up at his son and saw how Qiang Wu’s face contoured when he realised what he had said.

He quickly bowed his head, “Forgive me father.”

Wu Yong put the brush down and looked at his son. His eyes travelled over to Dong Woo who was looking at him too. Since Changling’s arrival, he had been thinking of handing over the crown prince title to his first born but that will all happen in due time.

But Qiang Wu deserved the title as well. He was his first born for some many years already and Changling. If he was born in the palace, it would have been his and he needed to prove that he was perfect for the title.

Achievements, academics and more, they all needed to be considered.

“Qiang Wu, forgive father. I did not know something like this would happen. Yes, the crown prince title belongs to Changling but he, there is so much that we do not know about him and you know that there cannot be two crown princes,” he said.

“Hyung-nim doesn’t want the title,” he said.

Wu Yong was surprised, “Why do you say so?”

“When I had lunch with him, I asked him. He said I had no chance if he wanted the title because he could just take if from me but he won’t. He said he’d support me because he had too much on his plate and running a kingdom wasn’t part of his fate,” he explained.

Wu Yong was so confused. Why would he not want it? Writing the order out, he said, “One problem at a time.”

Mei Yuan arrived at home terrified and with tears in her eyes. She had to clean Youxian up and now the blood. Yuhua was behind her, following quietly.

Qinghe looked at them when they walked in and when he saw Mei Yuan’s expression he was frightened. He got up, putting the book down in his hand and went to her.

He looked at her carefully then asked, “What happened?”

“Ah-Ling made us clean up the blood,” she said.

He sighed, he had forgotten that he was treating her like a slave. He nodded his head, “Run a bath for her.”

As she left, he hugged her, “Are you okay?”

She shook her head and burst into tears. Shaking her head she said, “He is so cruel. How could he kill all those people, even, even your sisters…”

He sighed and kissed the top of her head, “Don’t worry about it, let's get you ready for a bath.”

Mei Yuan’s head was lowered as she let Qinghe undress her. Her cheeks were red from embarrassment and she didn’t want to stop him. She knew they weren’t married yet but she let him do what he wanted.

He helped her into the bath and he sat beside it. Taking the ladle, he spooned the water onto her body. He watched as the water slid over her nipples and took in a shuddering breath.

He moved her hair off her neck and tied it up. Leaning down, he kissed her on the neck and said, “You’re so beautiful Mei.”

She blinked her eyes and closed them. His breath was so warm against her neck and he had only been close to her when he hugged her, never this close.

She turned around and kissed him on the lips. Opening her eyes, she looked at him and asked, “Do you want to join me?”

“Aren’t you afraid that I might take advantage of you?” He asked her.

She stood up in the water and he couldn’t take his eyes off of her body. She was perfect in every way possible and she was all his so why was he so reserved with her?

He stood up and looked at her. Clenching his fists, he turned around but she grabbed him and hugged him, “Please don’t go.”

“We’re not married, I should obey your father’s commands,” he said.

She shook her head, “No.” Hugging him tighter she said, “I… We never got the chance to speak about what happened. I love you Qinghe, with all my heart. I will one day be your wife and carry your child. If you leave me now, how do I know you won’t leave me in the future?”

She stepped back and dragged him into the tub with her. The water splashed out and Qinghe was drenched.

He wiped his face as he came up. Mei Yuan came from behind him and straddled him. Looking into his eyes she said, “I’m already yours and I need you to forgive me. I’m sorry I lied to you and got your family into this mess. I was worried that if I told you who I was, you’d run away then I would just end up marrying some man that I do not love.”

“Alright, alright, I’ve already forgiven you,” he said. Leaning his head against the edge he sighed.

“If you’ve forgiven me then can we…” she probed.

He lifted his hand and placed it on the small of her back. Looking into her eyes he said, “Fine, but no noise.”

“Why would I make a noise?” She asked, confused.

0