Chapter 61
20 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Youxian was standing by the window, staring up at the sky. 

Changling walked into the room, coming from Xing Guang’s room after having breakfast with her and helping her tidy up all the toys and clothes he had bought her during their stay at the inn.

He wrapped his arms around Youxian, who immediately stiffened. He waited for a moment for Youxian to calm down before he placed his head on his shoulder, then asked, “How long are you going to be like this?”

“What do you mean?” Youxian asked. He couldn’t be bothered with guessing what this man meant.

Changling stared over into the marketplace as he spoke, “This? I’m holding you, yet you feel like a complete stranger.

Youxian sighed inwardly. Last night he had a dream about the past and when he woke up, he wondered how life would’ve been if he hadn’t fallen pregnant or met Changling. All the friends he left behind, his life’s work. What if he didn’t have to choose this barbarian?

“I want you to love me again. I want us to be happy.” Changling added as he turned Youxian around to look at him.

He gazed into Youxian’s eyes for a clue as he spoke. “We’re going back to the palace today, and I don’t want you to treat me like an enemy. I’ve reflected on my actions over the past years and I know I’ve wronged you. You even now, forcing you to go back with me is wrong of me but you and I, I’ve never lost hope in finding you and we never, I know we had our issues but we never separated.”

Changling got on his knees and placed his head against his stomach as he continued, “When I found out that you were alive and that there was a little child running around calling you daddy, I couldn’t believe it. I had the thought going through my mind wondering if you had left me to be with someone to forget me and that she was now your everything.”

He looked up at him, saying, “But then when I saw Xing Guang for the first time, my heart sank to the bottom of a pit that I once felt when I went looking for you and you were not there. You must have suffered raising her alone. I didn’t mean to put you in this position. I was selfish and only thought of my own well being, I…”

“Changling, just stop,” he said.

Changling sighed against his stomach and kissed it. Shaking his head, he said, “I know I do things back to front, but you must believe me, no one can replace you in my heart or besides by body. I don’t know why you ran away from me, but I’m going to keep a close eye on you from here on out, so please don’t run away again. I wouldn’t want to break your legs.”

Youxian’s head dropped backwards as he started laughing. Who was Changling trying to fool like this?

He stopped laughing and cupped Changling’s face. Looking down at him, he said with a smile, “Don’t worry about me running away. You already found me and there’s nothing out there for me.”

Changling was taken aback. What was with his attitude? He thought Youxian didn’t want to go back with him. Just last night, he was crying after they had sex?

*

Eunuch Kim had everyone working overtime getting the place ready for the crown prince’s return without telling anyone what and why he was doing this.

Emperor Wu Yong went over to the palace that the Rongs lived in. Sitting in a pavilion opposite Chushan and Yifan, he asked, “What is he planning now? Preparing a chamber beside’s Ah-Cao’s?”

Yifan sighed. “He’s getting more unpredictable as the days go by. How long has he been away from the palace and his return causes a stir?”

Eunuch Min came barging in, “Your majesty, forgive me for the disturbance, his highness has returned.”

The men frowned. Wu Yong asked, “So soon?”

Eunuch Min nodded, “Yes. And he has guests with him.”

“Guests? Who are they?” He asked.

Eunuch Min shook his head. “I’ve only just heard. They will be entering the palace shortly.”

Wu Yong nodded his head as he stood up. He looked at Yifan, saying, “Are you going to kill him or will I have the pleasure this time?”

Chushan chuckled. These two had gotten closer because of Changling and she was glad. Wu Yong had also warmed up to Qinghe, and this was all turning out well for her family.

*

Riding along the carriage Youxian and Xing Guang were in, he heard complaining.

Youxian opened the window and looked out. He didn’t expect to see Changling, although he had a veil covering his face. Thos sharp eyes that were showing were gorgeous.

“How is she doing?” Changling asked.

He shook his head as he looked up ahead at the palace gates. “Not good. I’m just glad we’re here already.”

He looked back inside at Xing Guang, who had her head rested on his lap, and ran his fingers through it, saying, “I don’t know why she’s like this.”

“She’ll have to get over it soon. Maybe the physician will be able to help us,” he suggested.

Youxian nodded his head as he turned back to face him. “I hope so too. It would be nice if she could ride a horse.”

It wasn’t easy talking to Youxian. Most of the time, he’d just stare at him or when he spoke, something terrible would come out of his mouth.

Nodding his head as he watched the gates open, he said, “Get her ready.”

Youxian suddenly got nervous and called, “Changling?”

Changling raised a brow. He looked at Youxian and saw that he looked conflicted. “Don’t worry, I’m here. You don’t have to speak to them. I’ll do all the talking and you can speak when you are ready.”

Youxian nodded his head. He didn’t think he would suddenly feel nervous, but luckily; he had Changling with him.

Just as he was about to close the curtain, he looked at Changling and felt his heart beat irregularly. ‘What is this feeling?’

0