Chapter 18 – This is why Catgirl doesn’t exist
2.3k 24 66
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

4 October 2021

18:00, No Good Apartment

 

Today, I decide to spurt a little of the money that I have.

After all, even with a month passed, LittleSnow and her parents still haven’t refunded it. Not only that, I even got myself a new donation from SealedFate.

This means that I could use it, right?

To be completely sure, I will wait another month before using more of that money. With that idea in mind, I decide to start with something small first.

Mom recently complained that her phone was starting to get slow. It is completely understandable. After all, the recent trend in the technology boom usually forces people to upgrade their own phones every two years or so. And she has used that phone for about 4 years now.

Hmm...

My little sister, Leah, also has something she wants. She messaged me last night that her laptop is now very clunky. Dad also wants a new watch, I think.

I note all the things I want to buy for them down.

And for myself…

I actually order something already.

It’s the ASMR[1] voice pack of Aku-tan, the new catgirl Vtbuer I have started to “follow” recently.

Yeah…That's right...

I have started to simp for her...

Using the money I got from someone simping for me to simp for another… This is truly an ultimate form of simping.

...

Anyway!

Now that I have worked the agenda of what to buy for my family out. I have to start preparing for today’s stream.

Talk about stream makes me feel some headache already...

It seems like the make-believe of the new organization between LittleSnow, SealedFate and ...me is still ongoing.

Somehow I could even feel a laugh of others coming when I have to “command” the organization to do something.

LittleSnow even told me that she has got some new recruits to join the team…

How many Chuunibyous are in your area, LittleSnow?

Why do I feel like this disease is much more wild-spread than I thought?

Just don’t the name of your organization like a cult, okay? It will really creep people out. Wait… What is even the name of this organization, anyway?

Well, the stream today is also going as well as before.

The number of viewers for today is… 10!

There seems to be one more than usual.

After all, it is a Q&A stream in which usually only the “hardcore” fan of mine would take part. This means the number is at the lowest compare to other streams. The best I could do was around 8-9 after the time LittleSnow and SealedFate started to join.

This means that there is one more “hardcore” fan than usual today!

Thinking about that makes my mood very good already. Even when those two Chuunibyous still continue to ask more questions about magic and organization stuff, it couldn’t dampen my mood at all.

“I will accept one last questing from you. Those that already asked please refrain from doing again if possible.”

I end my stream with the same sentence as usual. Whoever the new viewer is, they still haven’t asked a question after all. Maybe this will push them a little.

Ding!

As if to answer my wish, the new viewer actually asks a question after some time.

I have to answer this question as best as I can to impress them!

That is what I thought but—

 

[Hello nya, great sage Khun nya.

This is nyactually the first time that I was allowed in this session nya.

I nya very impressed by sage nya.

Could I nyalso send the question to you, nya?

Nyactually my family possess a hidden manual for the Path of Killing nya. But there was no one in my family could cultivated it at all. It just sat there in the heirloom for centuries nya. I tried it but could never got pass even the introduction of it at all nya.

I really need to master it nya. Without it, our tribe will be destroyed for sure, nya.

Could you possibly had any I idea how could I cultivate it, nya?

Great sage nya.]

...

......................

WHAT THE F***

I don’t understand any of this!

Why are you using nya in every sentence!?

Are you a cat!?

Are you trying to be a catgirl!?

Is this one of those new trends that I am not aware of!?

Or… Are you making fun of me…?

Do you know that I have started to follow Aku-tan that you try to mock me!?

...

No…

Let’s calm down first...

That shouldn't be possible. After all, I was very careful when I watched Aku-tan’s stream. I only use my separate personal account.

So, what is this all about!?

There are so many questions going through my mind right now that I don’t even know which to start with.

...

But I have to say something already…

Being silent for a long time is bad for an entertainer, after all.

“*Cough* Well, first I would like to welcome you to my Q&A session. And yes, you are allowed to send the question but could you please decrease the “nya”. It is very hard to understand your question now.”

[Okay, nya.]

...Somehow, I really appreciate the fact that my avatar could hide my expression somewhat.

“Just go on then. Tell me your story…”

 

 


1, Month Fall-Amberine, Year 2763 B.A.

07:00, Leogella Mansion

 

To the west of Sorcera Kingdom was a Demon Mountain Range which spanned across the north of the continent to the south. In that range, many demonic beasts used it as their habitat. Millions of beasts of many types reported residing there.

Deep inside the mountain range was said to be the lair of some mystic beasts such as a dragon or even a phoenix. But as most of the braves that ventured there died, there was never a confirmation or a denial of such rumors.

It was such a dangerous journey that even a perfect circle-level mage did not dare to take on.

If one could trek across the 1,000 kilometers mountain range and arrive at the opposite side, they would come across another empire.

The Beast Alliance.

The area of Beast Alliance occupied was actually two times the size of the Sorcera Kingdom. But unlike Sorcera Kingdom. The way Beast Alliance managed themselves relied on each tribe’s way. While the Beast Alliance had some rules in place, most tribes were free to have their own autonomy.

This usually resulted in conflict between tribes.

And the Leogella Tribe also faced one such problem right now.

In one of the mansions in the tribe, some argument could be heard from the room on the top floor. This mansion’s decoration was very simple, but it was actually the mansion that the tribe chieftain resided in. In the office room which the sound came from, there were currently two young girls facing each other.

“Please think about it again, your highness.” said the young girl with short orange hair in black leather armor. One could see that there was concern reflected in her green eyes. Her orange-fur cat ears, located on her head, and her tail of the same color drooped slightly.

Other than those two features, however, there was no other trait that significantly differentiated between her and human.

“We have already discussed this matter, Isabella.” another girl that currently stood beside the window of the room said. Her black eyes stared out the window, into the street below. She smiled gently at the sight of her tribe walking about in the street.

Like the girl before, she also had cat's ears and a tail—but in a black color fur. She looked almost the same age as the previous girl, around late teen. She dressed in a simple white robe, but with her beautiful face and her graceful aura, she looked picturesque.

“This is the only way to protect our tribe.”

“But… That means you have to marry him, isn’t it... your highness?” Isabel didn’t back down. She continued to talk to the princess of Leogella tribe, Aila Leogella.

Listened to her, Aila sighed softly before continuing. “Even if it costs me my life to save the tribe, I would sacrifice it with no hesitation at all.”

“Princess…”

Aila, ignored Isabella’s unwillingness, steeled her face. She then took on an authoritative stance and ordered her friend and her aide. Her face was cool, but one could see that that was only a front. Deep inside, there was some fragility hidden within.

“Now take my order!”

“Yes, your highness.” Isabella kneeled down immediately at the order. It was something that she had done countless times already, after all. It was already ingrained in her as if it was a reflex.

“Isabella, I order you to take my emblem and go to the Umbra Tribe. You are to inform Yao Umbra that I agree to his condition. That I, Aila Leogella, agree to become his concubine.”

“I...Yes, your highness…” Isabella stumbled her word slightly. She wanted to reject it at first, but when she looked at the selfless look in Aila, she couldn’t bring herself to.

“You may go now.” Aila waved her right hand and said. She then turned back to face the wall. It was as if she didn’t want to let her friend saw her face, no matter what.

“Princess...”

Isabella looked at the lonely back of the princess once more before retreating out of the room. Her face was full of melancholy and unwillingness. She looked at the emblem of the Leogella tribe in her hand and her expression crumbled into tears.

“I… I am pathetic… I couldn’t do anything… at all… I couldn’t be her sword… or her shield… I am...”

She wept silently in front of the room for a full ten-minute before she could stop.

No, I cannot cry like this. I have to do something about it.

Her face, while still stained with tears, had some decisiveness in it.

I am sorry Aila…

Aila was her boss, but at the same time, she was also her friend. How could she allow her friend to suffer at the hand of the man she didn’t love?

Isabella then cleaned her face of the tear. Valiant returned to her face.

This time I have to disobey you…

She squeezed the emblem in her hand gently, but she didn’t take it with her. Isabella stopped by her room and put the emblem on her desk gently. She then wrote a letter, a letter that explained all of her decision and her plan.

This is probably a goodbye for us…

When Isabella walked out of the mansion, she stopped one of the maids and handed her a letter.

“Please give this letter to the princess if I don’t come back in two days, please.”

While confused, the maid accepted her instruction and put the letter in her pocket. As one of the perfect-circle level mage, Isabella’s status in the tribe was very high. Not to mention she was one of the close aides of Aila. This meant the maid wouldn’t dare to question her order at all.

After all the preparation was done, Isabella’s face relaxed slightly.

She then walked out of the mansion.

Even if I die, I will take him to hell with me for sure..

Aila… Please live happily after…

Her figure slowly blended into the crowd of the busy street and she disappeared.

 

 

 


[1] ASMR, or Autonomous sensory meridian response, is a term for the tingling sensation in the scalp or neck. It usually comes from an activity that involves attention such as watching a video. Type of content includes but not limits to whispering, role-play, or ear picking. Usually, it is to help the person feel relaxed, but there are also types of ASMR that seek to elicit sexual stimulation.

 

66