I Find It Beautiful
18 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Both Wang Li and Ying Yue were relaxing in the spring, after another sparring session. He sighed relaxed as he settled deeper into the warm muscle relaxing water. Eyes closed, he replayed the moves his friend had used and thought of ways to combat them. Lost in his thoughts, he heard movements and opened his green eyes.

Wang Li was standing up with water dripping down his hair and lean body. The blonde found himself hot, as if the area he was at was boiling. Gulping down the built up of saliva in his mouth, he slid his eyes upwards to see silver eyes facing the entrance. Mouth set and head tilted sightly, it looked as if his friend was thinking.

"Ah Li," he spoke up, "Is something wrong?"

Silver eyes turned to him and his friend shook his head.

"It is nothing, Ah Yue. Are you enjoying yourself?"

"Yes. You truly are the Chosen One, Ah Li. Look at all these amenities."

Wang Li smiled and went to sit beside him. He smiled back, but it quickly ended up awkward when all that the raven-haired teen did was stare at him. He found himself flushing from the attention and he quickly looked away. His heart was pounding and his ears were red as he dunked himself lower, back to his friend.

Wet fingers gathered his hair and soon he felt it soaped up. He glanced over his shoulder and saw Wang Li smiling at him.

"All you had to do was asked," he mumbled, "Not stare at me, Ah Li."

"Hm," Wang Li sounded, "My apologies. I got distracted."

"By what?"

"Your freckles."

"I… is it bad?" He frowned and his shoulders closed into himself, "I know not many have them. My brothers don't, neither does my master… and… you don't either."

"I find it beautiful, Ah Yue."

He blinked that in and turned to his friend. Bare chested and so close, Ying Yue thought he could taste the silver-eyed male's breathe. He flushed even deeper and opened his mouth to say something, but he was suddenly dunked into the water. Coming up, spluttering water, he looked shocked at his friend who was laughing.

'Sneaky!'

Ying Yue grabbed Wang Li's shoulders and jumped to push him in. They played, dunking one another, until they were panting from the excess play. The blonde did not move or say anything when arms wrapped around him. He was quiet when his bare chest pressed against his friend's. He did not react when palm ran up and down his back.

All he did was leaned closer, sighed deeply, and relaxed.

At least until he felt a pinch at his side.

Then, it was back to getting back at Wang Li, his sneaky best friend.

==

He stepped onto his sword and was happy feeling his blade lifted, but it quickly wavered and dropped. He let out a sigh and turned to his eldest brother and frowned. It was so easy for the redhead to accomplish everything and his brunette brother as well. Narrowing his eyes at his blade, he bent down to his knees and pointed at his blade.

"Sword, why are you not listening to me. Have I not been good to you?"

Han Mo laughed at him from above and moved to float beside him.

"It is not your blade, Ah Yue. It is you. You are not focused enough, little brother."

Ying Yue pouted and aimed his big green eyes at the brunette. He gained an eyeroll from his brother and he sighed. Stepping onto the blade again, he sent his spiritual energy to the bottom of his feet and exhaled deeply.

His blade lifted higher, but then it fell once more and he cried out. His master caught him from falling and he looked up to see amused golden eyes.

"Master, why am I unable to get it right? I have been practicing for so long…"

"Are you distracted? Maybe you have not been as focused as you should, Ying Yue."

He didn't answer, but the green-haired master could see the flush on his student's face. He sighed and brought them to the floor, frowning at the platinum blonde.

"Ying Yue. What is keeping your mind busy?"

"Um…" Green eyes looked away to the ground, "I will focus, Master."

"Ying Yue," the fan smacked his head and he winced away.

"I… I am just thinking about my friend. He said he had to prepare for visitors."

"You miss him," Pang Xi, the green haired master stated to see a nod, "That is normal to miss a friend, Ying Yue."

"Master, have you missed someone? You don't speak of others."

Big green eyes stared at him and he glanced over at his other students to see them gathering.

"What's this? Master will finally tell us about his past? Finally!" Han Mo jogged over and wrapped an arm over the youngest shoulders.

He watched the redhead join and stared at him, waiting for him to tell his stories.

'Eh? Why are my students so nosey?'

"Alright," he sighed and tapped his chin with his fan, "Hm, where should I start…"

He paused and looked at his students who were sitting on the floor, happily listening to him. He let out a chuckle and sat down on the grass as well. His mind went back to his past and he smiled softly.

"I had two friends when I was younger. We did much together and there were times when I wanted to push them away, and times when I wanted to keep them safe. I ascended in my early teens and I was unable to visit them for some time. When I did… things were different."

"What do you mean, Master?" The young blonde questioned and he looked away for a moment and closed his eyes.

"They were no longer friends. They hated one another and I… could not save them."

He let out a deep sigh and offered a smile to his students.

"People change and we took different paths, but I cherish my friendships with them. So you asked me, Ying Yue, if I miss them, I do. Somedays I remember a place, an item, a smell that takes me back to them."

"Are they no longer here?" Ying Yue's voice was soft and sad.

"They are."

"Then why-"

"Our paths are different now, Ying Yue. I will accept it."

"If you could… if you could speak to them again, would you?"

Pang Xi stared at his students and smiled softly at them. He stood up and looked out toward the mountains and felt the light breeze dance across his skin. Of course, he would speak with them, but would it affect his mission from the heavens?

"If this friend truly is important to you, Ying Yue, appreciate all the time you still have with him."

"Then… can I… can I go see him?"

He looked over at the youngest who grinned happily, while the brunette pushed the blonde lightly. He watched as the redhead huffed with a roll of his eyes. Pang Xi smiled and nodded.

"Yes, if you can stay on your sword until the moon rises, you may go see him."

"Buh…. But!"

"Hm?" He quirked his brow, "Do you not want to see him then?"

The blonde pursed his lips and made a wounded noise, before going to retrieve the blade. Pang Xi found himself grinning as he watched the concentration on the blonde's face.

'Hm, this friend of yours is very important to you, Ying Yue.'

The faces of his friends' flash across his face and he froze for a moment, before sighing through his nose. He gripped his fan handle and gritted his teeth.

'I pray you do not lose your friends the way I have, Ying Yue.'

1