002 – Danger
97 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ferocious beast was still charging at me. In approximately 30 seconds, I would be dead.

My appraisal wasn't working since the beast was so far away, but I knew what it was straight away by looking at its distinct features. 

It was a fucking Fenrir!

A Class-B monster! They're not even supposed to exist here, 

they haven't even been added to the game yet.

Not only that, a lot of things have been strange since I got reincarnated here. I saw a player, which was surprising, 

but that's not the point. 

Version 1.1 was a demo, and only 1,000 people could access the game. And the name Kang-Jin-Hwa wasn't on the demo player list.

I know this well, as I was a big fan of the game when it launched.

It was already crazy, but these strange phenomenons are making this situation absurder.

But should I even care? After all, I was a dead man. Even If I magically healed my broken rib, how did I plan to outrun a Fenrir?

One of the reasons I liked Acranix so much is its ability to add sci-fi and fantasy together. But right now, I wasn't really liking Acranix's sci-fi and fantasy idea anymore.

I didn't even get to enjoy my new life. Everything that I had thought of doing in this world was pointless.

The Fenrir reached me and went in for a bite at my neck.

I saw my life flash before my eyes. 

***

But then suddenly, I hear loud gunshots.

A bullet pierces into the Fenrir's eyes, and It backs off. 

The Fenrir then let out a roar. 

Ok, I'm not dead. But even if the Fenrir backed away, I still wasn't safe. It looked like it wanted to kill me more than ever.

I couldn't see behind me since I couldn't move. All I could do is hope it was a guild.

Then I hear loud marches, alright, it was a band of people that had guns. I still couldn't know if they were a Guild.

I was still on the street, and bullets rained down in front of me.

It was total hell. I then saw a silhouette of a woman dash at the beast with something similar to a saber of light that emitted a red glow.

The silhouette hacked and slashed at the Fenrir while the Fenrir would try and tear at them. 

They continued to dodge and cut at the beast while being covered by their comrades, who would help them by shooting at the Fenrir.

They then lunged their plasma saber into the Fenrir's throat and finished it off with thousands of rounds of bullets.

The woman started walking towards me.

Then I finally saw her. She and her team then walked into my view.

The woman was a cyborg with red hair and green eyes. She wore a tactical vest, carried a plasma blade on her side, and an automatic assault rifle.

Another was an android like me. The android wore a hood, an advanced combat helmet, a tactical vest covered in heat-resistant and robust synthetic fibers, grenades, an assault rifle with a suppressor, and a pistol.

The rest had black tactical vests, metal helmets that covered their face, submachine guns, a rope, and knives carried on their waist.

***

"Hey, you good?" The redhead called. Acranix's character customization was incredible. It was impossible to know I

was transported into a game if I didn't see the Alvadia corporation.

I'm going to take advantage of this situation. "Do you guys have any enhanced serum? I broke my ribs."

I had developed the method of scamming when playing Acranix.

And you can't say I'm evil. I'm just trying not to die.

"Yeah, we got some." The redhead then reached into her vest and injected the serum at my neck slowly.

_______________________________________________________

[You've been injected with a serum!] 

[+5 Endurance] [+5 Strength] [+5 Agility] [+5 Sense]

[You have learned a new ability: Improved Strength]

[You have learned a new ability: Increased Sense]

_______________________________________________________

Serums don't only help heal injuries. It also increases your strength. 

I was lucky to get the serum from the woman, but the hooded figure, I don't think I can get anything from him.

***

Alright, I have to try and pull another scam. I stand up.

"Ah, I don't feel well," I speak in a sick, persuading voice. And then fall onto the woman.

 She grabs me and says. "Guess we can patch em up at the base." 

The woman puts me on her back and carries me effortlessly, 

and starts to walk.

The other guild members tie a rope around the Fenrir's neck and drag it with them as they walk.

"Yes! They're taking me to their base!" "And while I'm at it, let me try and level up appraisal."

I make sure they don't know I'm awake. "Appraisal!" I whispered

____________________________________________________________

<Skill Aprasial Activated>

[Name: Kim-Chung-Cha] (Player)

[Race: Android] [Level: 57]

[President Of The Shadow Cores Guild]

____________________________________________________________

"Kim-Chung-Cha!" "The legendary player?!" I almost alerted them but made sure I was quiet. If you don't know her,

she's a legendary streamer who was, called the goddess of FPS games.

And at that, she hated PK'ers, so any PK'er that saw her was supposed to run on sight. 

She was so good at Acranix she got her official title;

The Goddess Who Kills. I started smiling, but then it led to a frown.

"If I'm not useful to them, they'll most likely not allow me to join them" 

Most people start with random skills. Some get really weak ones, others have Rare supernatural ones. It was all pure RNG.

Lucky for me, even though I haven't used appraisal,

I know it's a very rare starter skill because one of the streamers I watched had the same skill.

I knew everything about appraisal, and at its peak, I could be the ultimate scout. I started using appraisal on everything I could.

<Skill Aprasial Activated>

[Name: Cement floor] (Object)

<Skill Aprasial Activated>

[Name: Bug] (Animal)

[Level 1]

<Skill Aprasial Activated>

[Name: Building] (Object)

Floors, walls, dirt, ants, anything I could look at, I used appraisal on it. After a while, appraisal leveled up.

 

[Skill Aprasial Leveled Up!]

Yes! I did it now I have more advanced information! While I was celebrating, a thought went to my head. Even if I look up to Kim-Chung-Cha, I could kill her, take her equipment, use her as a human shield, and getaway.

Well, the more I thought of the idea the more I didn't want to do it. They're a Guild, and looking at their equipment, they have enough money to make a reward for killing me.

Doing that will only be beneficial for a while before it becomes a pain. 

"Alright, let's take him in," The woman directed. It seems I was at their base. She dropped me down and Immediately closed my eyes. 

I didn't want them to know I didn't actually get knocked out.

My mind starts to drift. I forgot the side-effects of the serum!

I thought it was just like my level 259 character that could withstand a serum. "I should've known!" My eyes start to fade into the darkness.

I was facing a white ceiling. The walls that surrounded me were also white. The room resembled a hospital with one white door in front of me. There were several bookshelves around me, all filled to the brim with books.

I lay atop a comfortable bed. The entire bed warms me up so much that I couldn't think of getting up.

The single door opened, and I heard a loud voice, "Hey! You awake yet?" I sat upright. "Uh, yeah," I replied. 

It was a cyborg with semi-long straight pure platinum silver hair, diamond blue eyes, a radiant face, and skin reminiscent of rich dark coffee. 

<Apprasial activated>

[Shin-Jin-Woo] (Player) [Race: Type A-8 Augmented Human] 

[Class: Expert Marksman] [Subclass: Experienced Oversear] 

[Level: 34] [Cheif Administrator of The Shadow Core Guild]

"Looks like the level 2 appraisal was working. Before It didn't show much, but now it shows way more."

"Ya know, I've never seen someone stay in the game for so long."

You should log out soon." The silver head told me.

"Like hell, I would want to stay here forever, I couldn't log out even if I tried.

"Also, you know that the serum side effects go away even when you're not online right?"'

"Uh, well," I had to think of something fast. I didn't want to seem suspicious. After all, I needed to join their guild to survive.

I had no starting equipment and had no money to my name. 

"I went to make jjajangmyeon, so I forgot the game was running," I replied.

"Hmm," "anyway, I have to log out. The other Guild members should still be here though." He informed.

"Alright, see you later." "Log out." He then turned into several blue particles, but a few seconds later, the particles disappeared.

This idea may have been stupid, but my curiosity was at its peak, "Log out." Nothing happened. "Yeah, I thought so." I took a long breath then sighed.

I slowly got off the bed. Why? When I was overweight, I couldn't get off the bed fast or. I would fall and hurt myself. It was just muscle memory. 

It was something that I would most likely never forget to do. 

I take my mind of the subject to read the books.

I grab one of them. I was especially excited since these were rare books that would be deleted after the attack on the planet.

If I was able to get my hands on this when I was alive, 

I would have gotten millions of dollars. I grab one book off the shelf.

I looked at the cover of the book. It had a very ominous feel.

"The skill of scouting?" The book had my full attention. I opened the book and started reading through the book, making sure I didn't miss a word or detail.

[Book completion 9%]

I continued to read it. It was very intriguing. So intriguing, I sat down on the bed to feel comfortable while reading.

[Book completion 16%] [Intelligence increased by 2]

I completely ignored the fact my stats had increased and continued to read the book. I was determined to finish the book.

One of the things it covered heavily was stealth, silence, and camouflaging into everything you could see.

After several minutes, I had finished the entire book.

____________________________________________________________

[Intelligence Increased by 2] [Gained Ability: Novice Concentration; Increases Intelligence by 4 Drains 5 Energy Per Second]

____________________________________________________________

[Gained Ability From Reading: Shadow Walk; No one can hear your footsteps Drains 2 energy per second]

____________________________________________________________

You have unlocked a new profession:

[scholar (Novice)] [INT +10, ]

[You have gained 2 stat points]

You have acquired new skills: [Scholar (Novice)]

____________________________________________________________

"Heh?" I was confused. You couldn't get abilities from reading books. "Jesus Christ, another abnormality.

***

9