003 – Nightmares
94 10 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This is just crazy," I chuckled. "Oi," I heard a voice. I looked back to the door. It was Kim-Chung-Cha.

She didn't have any equipment except a plasma blade, a sheathe, and a necklace.

She had a stern look saying. "Get the fuck out, my guild HQ." The shadow core guild just doesn't let you join them. You have to be unique in some way. And seeing as I'm not that special, it is going 

be hard to get her to allow me to join the guild.

"Are you done yet? You can take some meds with you while you leave." I walked towards her. "Uh," I couldn't think of something to say.

"Kim-" I didn't get to finish her name, she immediately dashed at me in what felt like the speed of light and placed her hand on my neck.

"Stream sniper?" She asked. "No, no, I'm not a stream sniper." 

I responded, "How do you know me then?" I felt like sweat was dripping down my neck. "It's my skill appraisal."

"Hm," "Like the appraisal as in the one in isekai light novels?"

"Yeah, pretty much." She took her hand off my neck. "Does It work on artifacts?" "Well-" "Wait, artifact?" "You heard me right."

'Well, I haven't tried yet." I scratched the back of my metal neck.

"Inventory," a blue grid appeared in front of her, and a golden pendant came out of the grid.

"Alright, use your skill on it." I looked at the pendent it gave off an ominous aura. I didn't know what it was, but I did know it was

powerful.

"Appraisal"

[???] "What does it say?" She asked. "It just has question marks," "Hm, you're no use then." She pulled out her plasma saber and then turned it on. The glowing blade of heat was burning me up.

"Well, not right now. "If I level the skill up enough, I should be able to read artifacts." She turned off her plasma saber and sheathed it.

"Hmm, alright then," "name?" "Uh, Park-Hye-Mi"

"Huh, Hye-Mi, welcome to the shadow-core guild." "Inventory." A grid appeared. She takes out an item from the grid and then hands me a pistol.

"We're going into a combat zone tomorrow. "Hm?"

She had a slight chuckle. "You better be ready." she started walking to the door but then stopped. "Also, get out of the medic area." You're not going to blackout again, are you?"

After finishing the sentence continued to walk with the plasma blade securely latched to her side.

I had a sigh and grabbed another book. Combat zone on the first day of the job? She may be legendary, but she's very extreme when it comes to recruits.

"Player screen,"

________________________________________________________________________

[Name: Park-Hye-Mi] [Race: Android]

[Level: 1] [Experience: 0]

[Main Class: N/A]

[Sub-class: Civilian Lv. 1] (0/50)

________________________________________________________________________

[Attributes: Strength 7(+5), Sense 7 (+5), Dexterity 7,

Endurance 7, Intelligence 9 Agility 7, Mystery 1, Charm 2, Luck 1]

[Unassigned Stats: 0]

[Health points: 60/60] [Stamina: 60/60] [Abilities: None]

[Skills: - Appraisal Lv2 (0/40) Shadow Walk Lv1 (20)

[Abilitys: - Improved Strength (+5 strength)]

[Increased Sense (+5 to sense)]

[Equipment: Pistol]

________________________________________________________________________

"If I tried to pick a fight with a thug, he would beat me up and break most of my body." I stopped looking at my player screen to focus on the book

=

 I then took a look at the book I was going to read. "Advanced guide to mechanics." I tried reading it, but my mind went blank. I had concluded; I would have to read a book before it before I could read it.

I searched the bookshelf for something similar, but I couldn't seem to find anything. I quickly gave up on finding the book and grabbed something else.

"Tales of Agux," The cover of the book had a silhouette of a man that had two swords on his back; one looked like it was a blade of ice the other looked like it was a blade of flame.

It was something familiar to me. Although I didn't know the name Agux, I felt as if it was calling to me. I then started to read the book.

It started with the first chapter. From the first sentence, I could feel the style of the author. It was a dark style that made you feel a certain feeling you've never expressed. The dialogue had a very grimdark feel.

It was like staring into the abyss. It allured you by using a sad story.

The characters were people you felt. The characters weren't perfect in any way. The characters had lots of things similar to my situation.

Nobody was perfect, and the author expressed this beautifully.

Towards the end of the book, water fell down my cheeks. 

I was amazed I could cry. Even though I was made of pure metal,

I could cry. I then looked at my hands to see flesh.

I could feel warmth in my hands. I then realized I wasn't in the medic area anymore. I was in a room that was colored pitch black.

The room changed from a pitch-black room into a familiar house.

I was sitting at the dining table, in front of me my parents.

But it wasn't what I was used to seeing. Their faces were blank.

"What the hell!" I fell back on my chair. They came closer and closer, I tried crawling, but they had already reached me. They both stuck their hands out to grab me when I woke up.

I immediately tossed the book across the room. I threw myself onto the bed and tried to sleep but, their faces were haunting me.

I looked up at the white ceiling.

but the feeling left me as soon as I saw a blue text.

The interface suddenly lit up with a message.

___________________________________________________

You have initiated a D-Class Quest:

[The Bad Omen]

Accept / Decline

___________________________________________________

I immediately turned pale, forgetting the trauma. "You've got to be fucking kidding me."

This is just satire at this point." I didn't even care about it, I swiped my hands at the floating words, and the words whished away into the wind. I rolled into the bed where I slept like a hog.

"Oi!" You there?" I immediately woke up. I hadn't known I could sleep. "You need to stop running your game while you go and do something. It could kill your computer." "Yeah, yeah." I smiled awkwardly.

"Anyway, we're going to the combat zone. Lots of monsters are escaping into the city." He quickly grabbed me, flipped me over. I landed perfectly on my toes and looked back at him.

"No time to rest," "grab your gun." "Right," I looked around the room. Uhhhh, do you have a spare gun?" He looked at me with a "are you serious" look, and then moments after tossed me a rifle.

______________________________________________________________________

[<Skill Aprasial Activated>]

[This weapon is excellent, and praised by many, and known for its versatility and adaptability.] [The standard length of the weapon is 884mm, with a 522mm barrel] [The rifle weighs approximately 3.9kg.] [It uses 5.56x45mm rounds.]

[The pistol grip is made out of metal.]

[The stock is made out of laminated wood.]

The magazine is a box magazine that carries 40 rounds, but two more sizes and one other magazine type is available. It has a paddle mechanism to release the magazine.]

The selective-fire modes are safe mode, 2-round burst, and automatic.]

________________________________________________________________________

"Information I don't need!"

"Thank you," "Yeah," He walked out the room, and it was time I did too. I walked to see an area full of corridors, elevators/lifts, cargo, self-controlled AI, and skyships with scientists and soldiers crowding the entire area.

I wasn't the least bit surprised though, after all, in version 23.4 this would just be a low-tier guild. I scuffed while looking around when someone grabbed me by the collar and dragged me to a ship.

 I tried struggling, but they wouldn't let go. I finally looked up to see it was the guy wearing a mask. He was covered with high-tier equipment that even I would have to play for months to get.

They throw me on a ship where I see other people.

The inside has two metal rails on each side with ten seats each having straps, five on the right side five on the left side. In the middle is a door with a hole, which is big enough for me to see through. The walls were cold and hards.

 He throws a suit carrying oxygen and survival necessities, and then the door shuts tightly, and I started to feel the elevation. I quickly "wiggle" my way into the suit and put on the oxygen mask.

The combat zone wasn't something to play with and knowing if I died in this game I might die in real life that wasn't reassuring.

I grab onto the metal bar and sit down on one of the seats, where I strap myself in.

The ship started to move fast. I assumed we were now mid-air.

The three cyborg's hairs waved in my face.

 I then blew a raspberry, trying to blow the hair away from me.

I then heard a voice from the pilot," "Get ready!" The air shuttle then opened. Air gushed at my face. I was surprised my metal parts weren't blown off my face.

The players immediately jumped off the ship. I was the last one standing. "What are you waiting for!? Jump!" The pilot shouted.

I then unstrapped myself and jumped.

Boy was that a mistake.

7