Ch 15. Dinner and a rabbit for desert
1.8k 11 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My ears picked up on the locking of the door.

Looking back at Feriha, I sent her a questioning look. Receiving only an excited giggle from her in return. She didn't seem upset about me bringing home a 'random' woman, rather she was strangely giddy about it. Even if Rena and I weren't like that, I still expected her to be suspicious about it. Though, the sight of the usual suspect floating besides her was enough to put me on high alert. No wonder I hadn't seen him in a while, that rabbit was definitely up to something.

"Uh... Feriha? This is Rena... and Rena, this is Feriha. She's my..."

"I'm master's maid." Feriha interjected before I could say 'sister'. Giving a curtsy like a trained house rabbit would.

I stared at her for a moment, not believing what my ears and eyes had picked up. 

"Uh, yeah, my... maid." My words trailed off. 

"Now what a beautiful guest we have! Please make yourself at home~" Feriha took Rena by the hand and led her into the living room. Perfectly playing the part of an energetic maid.

"Have the two of you had dinner yet? I just finished making it!"

Speaking of it, I was a bit hungry. Although I was too tired before to notice, I definitely could go for some dinner right about now. Looking to Rena, I wanted to make sure we weren't pressuring her into anything. 

"Are you okay with that Rena?" I asked just in case, if she turned it down the sudden invitation it wouldn't have been unusual in the slightest.

"..."

Rena stared absentmindedly at Feriha, her usual silent and stoney-faced expression giving no clues as to how she felt about the suggestion.

"-?" Feriha glanced at me for confirmation, a bit confused by our guest's strange mannerisms.

This was just how Rena was. I gave a wry smile back.

"Mm." Rena finally nodded. The tiniest bit of a smile beginning to form. 


Rena sat opposite of me, eating the herb-roasted carrots and garden veggies that Feriha had made without saying a word, occasionally taking a sip from the glass of cold milk in front of her. I was worried that she wouldn't like the meal, being rabbit-food and all, but Rena seemed to not mind it at all.

"So, I hear Rena is a healer? That's really impressive, wouldn't you say so Fenton?"

I cleared my throat uncomfortably. Sensing a hidden motive in the question. How'd she know that anyway?? I had barely just introduced the two. My eyes wandered again to the suspicious looking rabbit-god, who stared back with an arrogant grin plastering his face.

"Uh, yeah. She's the school nurse, and can use healing magic." I spoke before chewing down some leafy salad greens.

"Is Rena single?" Feriha asked with a keen expression. Her words cutting to the heart of the matter. 

I nearly choked, proceeding to chew my food even finer afterwards. Why was she asking that?! 

A bit worried that she might be jealous, I tried to clear up the situation. 

"No, no, no. It's not like that Feriha, she was just helping me earlier. She healed me up and brought me home since it was late. And Rena, you don't have to answer her! We can find something else to talk about..."

"Mm. Still looking for my mate." Ignoring my objections, Rena answered Feriha's inquiry anyways. Seemingly unphased by the embarrassing question.

What? My ears grew redder. I didn't know what to say. How'd we even get onto this topic? And was there any hope for moving onto something more appropriate. 

I resumed eating in silence. Listening to the women continue their talk as if I wasn't present at the table.

Most of it in fact was Feriha one-sidedly fishing for information while Rena either confirmed or denied her questions with a nod or a shake. Learning a bit more about her family situation, unlike what I had expected for a fellow beastkin, her family was in fact quite well-to-do. Her healing powers which were highly coveted by society appeared to be something that ran in the family. Her parents were both healers, and their parents before that. 

"Being a healer, single, and still so young... you must be getting a lot of interest from men, have you decided on anything?" Feriha asked.

"No..." Rena answered, more quietly. 

"Well, why not? I'm sure there's some good men out there? Haven't you gotten offers for marriage? I'd imagine you have a list a mile long..." She looked like she had an answer already in mind, and the rabbit god floating nearby was surely feeding her lines.

Rena looked unhappy, the words apparently had struck a nerve, and a rare expression of anger had poked through her normal steely facade.

"They don't care about Rena, only want Rena's powers." Rena pouted, her frustration at the situation apparent enough. Her parents had high standards for who they'd allow, and it seemed from Feriha's earlier inquiries that all her suitors were either distant relatives, other renowned healers, or humans with high status that simply wanted to add a bit of powerful blood into their line. 

"..."

"Have you ever considered picking your own mate? Someone you desired, someone that nobody would expect, give everyone a surprise. You know... like maybe a student? Maybe someone like Fenton here?" Feriha posed, a gleem in her eyes, as if she had been waiting for this moment.

"..." I stopped mid-bite again. The wheels in my mind finally clicking together, this wasn't... going to end well. Feriha couldn't be... but... why?! She and I were already together!

Rena's eyes drifted over to me, and Feriha's as well.

Swallowing uncomfortably, I felt the mood at the table shifting towards a dangerous direction.

"There's... um, there's no way... I should let you know, for your own sake... Feriha and I are already in a relationship!"

Rena continued with her stares, unmoved by my sudden declaration, while Feriha blushed slightly, but was similarly undeterred.

"Rena, you know, there's no need to feel reserved about it. I certainly don't mind sharing him, even if you just want to try him out for a little while that's okay with me."

Uhhhh. I felt a cold bead of sweat forming. "Don't I get a say in this?" I asked with hesitation.

"Would you refuse?" Feriha looked at me skeptically.

I... what would I even do? Am I really that easy? And why would Rena accept such an offer!? Wouldn't we be in so much trouble if the school found out!?

Rena blushed silently. Oh rabbit-god! She wasn't actually opposed to it.

"Rena?! Um. Wouldn't that be kind of bad, you know? I'm going to get expelled if people know I was dating the school's healer, and plus you might even lose your job too?? This is really... really... dangerous, you know???" I grasped at straws trying to dissuade against the dangerous suggestion Feriha had just laid at Rena's feet.

"Fenton, do you really think Rena would have trouble finding a new job? She's a healer, everyone would take her. And for you, if you get expelled then maybe Rena could just take responsibility and marry you? It doesn't seem like she's too opposed to the idea."

Rena sat quietly, still blushing.

I shook my head again. Determined to see this through.

"Rena, you don't understand. I already love Feriha... and if I go down this path it'd never stop at two women! My blessing benefits me the more women I have so you can't pick me... didn't you say you didn't want people chasing after your powers? I'm... I'd be the same... I'd just be using you!"

"I think the fact that you're against it just proves how good a choice you are. Fenton would never do anything to break Rena's heart, and Rena's an adult, she can decide what to do on her own. So, what do you think?"

I gulped. Feriha's words made my head spin. While Rena looked to be increasingly convinced as time went by... this... this wasn't good!

"Rena wants." She abruptly stood up.

"Then help me bring this oaf upstairs." Feriha licked her lips excitedly. She... was getting turned on by this!?? What happened to the two of us being lovers!? What's worse, I was starting to get turned on as well. Seeing Rena stare at me like that... I couldn't help remembering what she looked like without her clothes.

I felt myself being dragged out of my seat, unable to resist both mentally and physically. Pulled by the scruff of my neck by a magical force, and forced to float in the air like how Rena had done earlier.

"I-I can walk on my own!" I protested the treatment I was getting, but the two girls didn't seem to care for my opinion.

"No... you still need to rest." Rena commented, flatly stating her medical advice.

But sex was somehow okay?? I questioned in my mind. She was completely serious, not seeing the incongruity of her words at all.

Feeling myself turning redder, I was completely trapped. A captive rabbit. I'd like to say I had no choice in the matter, but the shameful truth was that I really wasn't against it. I'm sure I could get them to stop, but I was starting to look forward to what would happen if they didn't...

Soon I was on the bed upstairs, having been transported by magical means like a bag of luggage. Neither girl seemed to think anything strange about it.

What have I gotten myself into.

Feriha giggled again as Rena moved herself to the bed.

How did it end up like this??? I just wanted to be a knight!

Slightly shorter release this time to tee-up for the next chapter.

38