Chapter 38 Moving Forward
1.8k 22 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2nd Welkalach of Olukiel 1236

Belgrynd's POV

Since a month ago, I have this feeling that someone is finding me... Not a friendly time of finding, it feels like someone is trying to hunt me down... Because of that, I stopped my monthly raid on the human forts. I don't know why, but I feel that being more active will be dangerous to me. I can feel that someone is trying very badly to hunt me down... could it be the culprit that God once told me? Is he back? I feel like I need to prepare in case this place is found... I better prepare some backup hideouts in order to avoid my only home is raided.

Even though I said I did not perform raids, I still went out towards the human villages to receive info. All thanks to their poor defense, I don't even need to worry to be checked, though I also met humans who tried to abduct me and attempt to sell me to slavery. I decimated them of course. No need to leave filth like this to continue living in this world after all~

Well, I could understand why I am a prime target for kidnapping. Currently, I look like a 12-year-old Loli who is wandering outside without supervision and alone, of course, I would be a prime target. Plus I bet light blue hair like mine is considerably rare in here. I saw blue hair but most of them are blue, dark blue or dirty blue, there is rarely light-colored hair...  Except blonde and white of course. Well, most of the time if I met them I just pretend to let them capture me first then obliterate them from the inside with my upgraded gunblades. How did I upgrade them, by adding a silencer. That is enough anyways. I don't need a scope because I could aim quite good, I don't need an extended magazine because my magazine is in my entire inventory so the only thing I added is the silencer. Oh, I also changed the material of the blade.  Stainless Steel might be good, but I found a better one. Though it hurts me to use my gold supplies, I used titanium-gold to create the blade itself. The gun is not changed though... But it's worth it. 

Though I can't extract any information from the slavers, since they mostly do human slavery anyways, I can actually get information from those that they kidnapped. That is how I know that some of the nobility are buying slaves in order to assist them in their conquest of the other continents. Calling those living in those continents filth... You humans are the real filth here. There is a reason why every race exists in this world... Just because you don't like them doesn't mean you can prosecute them. I swear if I got my full power back, the first thing I will do is definitely cleanse this continent from all you humans, not just because of the treatment you gave to me but also I believe this planet will be better without you all!

Oops, I am getting off-topic, as I said, they are planning to attack the other continents. I wonder if I could use this as a chance to sneak into one of those ships and escape this continent. But if I do so... I will need to abandon my cache... I don't really want to... but at least I know that I still have around 2 more months before the next armada went out. I should figure out my plans until then.


2nd Maelach of Desariel 1236

Belgrynd's POV

What happened... the feeling I felt months ago just went off suddenly last week... Did the God finally caught the culprit? Well, I guess I can finally come out from hiding now. Not that I am really hiding. At that time I was literally disguised as a little girl peddling through the towns. With the money I got from the forts, I already got a fortune readied, so what's needed is to just start my own peddling business and I would be able to on my way for information gathering. At first, the guards were worried because I was peddling alone, but I told them a fake background story that my father ran away and my mother died in an accident that made me had to go peddling and they just let me go. They even cried about it! I guess there are good humans too, just like there are slimes that are not bad either. Hmm, I wonder if this world got slimes too. 

But that doesn't matter! Since I start peddling, I start to obtain more and more information about the invasion of the other continent. It seems that their previous armada is still en route since they still get messages from them... How did they get the message when they are in the middle of the sea? Birds I guess? But are there birds that fly so far... wait... there are no animals here... how would they even get birds? But I remember that they said they received messages that they are still en route... Could it be magic? But there is literally almost no magic here... how would they use it. I also never saw a human used magic too... I think I need to get more info... at least the good thing here is that the humans are as greedy as back on Earth... I think, with a little money, they would spill any information to you. Well, if they are given a lot of money, they would also spill any information of you, so it is a double edge blade. Oh well, if my information is spilled, I will just come back kill the guy and get my money back. Fair trade~ Not that I had killed any though. 

Now I am currently heading towards one of the large towns at the foot of the plateau. My goal this time is to go inside the plateau and gather more information, since that is where the main cities for the humans located, the information network there would also be more complete. Why did I come here you ask, ever since that feeling ended, I figured that it is time to finally infiltrate the plateau. I wasn't that sure about it before because of that feeling but now that it's gone, I could now go inside and get more precious information.

" Go in, stop blocking the road runt," the guard toward the town said. Well, at least it didn't make a fuss about how I am a little girl peddling. That's good. 

" Tell boss we got a good target in town today," the guard said towards another guard which after hearing that immediately ran away. OK, I take that back, he is bad. I got immediately targetted by yet another underground group right after entering a town. Moreover, it's because of the guards. Do the Lords of these lands not take care of this stuff? Or it could be the lord doing this too... Should I just go and confront him? But I also need information and also a method to go out. Fine, I will play with you all for a while. If it is the town lord that is doing this, then I could have a very good time getting information out of him, if it is a local gang, I am sure that it would be a great additional income and resources from them.

I continue to walk through the town to find an inn. Not because I want to rest, but because I know they will be coming to the inn in order to kidnap me, especially when I am "sleeping". Not that I need much sleep anyways. After booking an inn, I went ahead and continue my peddler activities, selling "rare" jewelry and trinkets. Of course, to make it better I am only using copper, iron, and bronze for this stuff. I am pretty sure most people can't even afford gemstone jewelry, so these more cheaper variants would be a hit... at least so far it is a hit because, at the towns I went to before, nobody bothered to make metal jewelry because they all do noble business and nobles wouldn't want jewelry without jewels. So, it is up to me to provide these what supposed to be cheap nobility items to the common folks~

I laid out all of my wares on the ground with a rough cloth and then sit down and wait for customers. There is totally no need for me to yell to attract customers since, 

  1. I am in the plaza where many people walk through it
  2. My body size makes people wondering what could a little girl sell
  3. These rings and bracelets are not common within the common people so they will be very interested in it

And with this is my marketing strategy. Just let them come~

" What are these little girl, they look quite special... it looks like those things that nobles have." The peddler next to me asks. Well of course I won't be the only peddler here. It would be weird if an entire town would only attract one single peddler. The town would die financially fast.

" These are the product of my craft. My father taught me how to make rings, bracelets, and also necklaces since he is a jeweler. 1 Jeweler = people who make jewelry, normally this is targetted down into goldsmith/silversmith for specific gold and silver jewelry Originally I would be selling these in his shop that he left me but the town mayor there forcibly took it away so I had to go peddling to sell these." I said in a quite regretful tone to the peddler, which earns me a cry from him.

" What awful things... I am sorry you have to endure this girl... well, why don't we sell our stuff together? It would attract more customers and we can both profit," the peddler said. Well... it is a good thing that the peddler here sells metal tools. So it wouldn't be weird if he also sells metal jewelry. But I don't really trust him... he might look like a good guy, but what if he is also in other gangs like the one the guards are in.

" I know you are wary of me girl. I know it can't be helped. The security these days are dropping low. Even lords and mayors start to affiliate themselves with the underground gang. Only the Central is safe from these. Sometimes I even wonder if the King has abandoned us non-central townfolks. Oh, by the way, I haven't introduced myself, right? My name is Flux, I know you are wary of me but it can't be helped. I am here for 3 days so if you are interested you could come and sell your stuff with me these few days." Flux said. I wonder if he belongs to the good group of people... Oh well, even if he belongs to the bad group, I could always obliterate him. 

" Ok then... I am Sel. Nice to meet you..." of course, I used a fake name here. Even if no one heard of my real name, I am worried that the one God is chasing might know my name and use it so I am going to play it safe.

After an entire day of selling stuff, I got some coins, around 120 silver coins, and 30 or so bronze coins. It's a good thing that I had Flux exchange with me some smaller currencies. I am almost out of bronze coins for change. Oh, the money in here works like this 

50 Copper = 1 Bronze

100 Bronze = 1 Silver

200 Silver = 1 Gold

1000 Gold = 1 Rose gold

Definitely a confusing system, why can't they use the same denomination for everything. But it doesn't matter, at the moment my total value of money is 2 Rose Gold coins, 781 Gold coins, 129 Silver Coins, 52 Bronze Coins, and finally 32 Copper coins. If I didn't have the inventory telling me these, I would have a really hard time counting all these coins and the best thing is that this money although has various types... ONLY TAKE ONE INVENTORY SPACE! Perfect for me! Also, of course, I can't just spawn these money from my inventory. I used a small bag to fake it so it looks like I'm getting money from the bag, but in reality, it is from my inventory. The jewelry however is really placed within my large bag so I can't lose it. 

Now that I am back at the inn, it is time to wait for my prey to come and get me.

Let's have fun hunting the hunters.

I am sorry I didn't manage to write out a chapter yesterday. I have a meeting and didn't manage to write out enough words for a chapter.

But today I will write more chapters! So stay tuned!

Also, Poll voted that we will be writing the information chapters after Beno's reunion with the gang. At least until they met.

Bell will be the nickname used in future chapters for the gang to refer Beno. Though within narration I will still use Belgrynd. The uses of Bell will be in this case 

" Bell sure looks happy today," Amy said towards Belgrynd.

56