Chapter 37 Good food, Good banter, Good life
1.9k 18 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd Sukurach of Secafiel Year 1215

May's POV

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN THIS IS TOO FAST!!!!!

I am currently riding on the speedboat that apparently is Petrasha's gift to Lucy, or is it a reward... I don't care...

" SLOW DOWN THIS IS TOO FAST!" I yelled! This is why I don't sit next to the window when riding trains! This is too fast!

" Why should I? This is fun!" Lucy said with a happy tone. 

" This is fun! I never had a chance to go speedboating back on Earth!" Amy added. Damn it! Be more considerate to your pal here ok??

" Merci Please... stop..." I can't hold it in...

" OI OI LUCY STOP, MAY IS GOING TO VOMIT!" I heard Amy said but I can't hold it anymore... well I cant when suddenly Lucy shoved a bag into my mouth.

" Vomit into there. Petrasha has seen this coming so she gave me a vomit bag, well at least a bag that looks like a vomit bag." Lucy said while slowing down a bit... which I didn't felt it at all. It feels like when someone is driving at 150km/h then reduced it to 145km/h and said they slowed down. But I gladly accepted the bag and vomited into it.

" You know Lucy... you should slow down a bit. We aren't rushing things so there is no need to head rush things. May looks very uncomfortable now you know..." Thank you Amy, I know I could still count on you for my wellbeing...

" Fine, you need to learn to handle these kinds of stuff in the future you know May... I believe we will be riding these a few more times you know~" Lucy said while saying in a nonchalant voice... you demon... wait I can't use that anymore... demons are good guys here... 

After around 2 days more on the sea, with the food that Amy and Lucy bought back on the Desarrkti continent, and along with the water purifier that Petrasha made, we finally reached the land... After landing, the first thing I do is hugging the land. Finally... I feel safe.

" Do you really need to act like that... It is not like my driving skills are bad right?" Lucy asked, which earned her a glare from me.

" You know I'm not used to such high speeds! Especially in something that shakes a lot!" I retorted angrily. 

" Fine fine, stop arguing you two, we have to go and meet up with Petrasha and Christine~ I cant wait for the feast they are going to let us have!" Amy said. A feast huh, I almost forgot that during the ride. I wonder how food in another world tastes like. Sure I tasted some good food in the Desarrkti continent, but now that we are on a different continent it should have different food right?

" I know, but we should stay here for a night. Riding that ship for an entire week is tiring. Glad that there are no storms and the naga are willing to assist us in our journey. If not, we have to literally guard the boat every night." Lucy said while dropping a bombshell to me and Amy. 

" What did you said? There are nagas along with our trip just now? How come I didn't notice it!" Amy said in a shocked tone.

" Also what do you mean we need to guard the boat every night. There are sharks in this world too?" I asked too. This is in another world... there wouldn't be a sharkado right???

" The Nagas have returned already. They live under the sea with the sirens. Though they will still build settlements on land to trade with other races. If I didn't remember wrong, there is a restaurant in this city that is operated by a naga and merman, wanna go taste it out later? I bet you guys are bored of eating the same food for the entire week. We will head towards the inn that I stayed in before and then head towards the restaurant." Lucy said. If Lucy ever quit as a hunter, I swear he could be a tour guide in this continent. She is so good at leading things.

After booking 2 rooms in an inn we start to head out towards the restaurant Lucy said before. It seems Lucy and Amy finally settled on their relationship. Back on Earth, it's quite obvious already but here, they really look like a couple, not to mention since Lucy went through the trouble to tell me how things go in this world, the only thing I can do is wish them luck. Can't believe two of my best friends being a couple together... I need Petrasha to get me a pair of sunglasses made. I can already feel blinded by them when I am traveling with them.

As we walked down the path, I can feel something... the residents here don't feel the same as back on the Desarrkti Continent. They feel a bit... nervous... is something going to happen? I can feel the same feeling from Petrasha before too. 

" They are worried about the humans. Though most of the residents here are of newer generations, the scars and stories from the old generation continue. You remember the islets that we took a detour at before?" Lucy said. I'm not sure...I'm not feeling well but Amy nodded.

" That is originally a large island. An island which size is almost to the size double that of Madagascar. But it is now reduced to that state. " Lucy explained. 

" The humans right? I remember you telling us about that incident. One on this continent and another at Yskrasidria continent right?" Amy said.

" Yes. Now they are nervous because the humans just recently attacked this continent yet. The reason the demons aren't worried is because they are not yet attacked, and even if they were attacked, they don't have scars as deep as the people in this continent do." Lucy said. Wait... so the humans are attacking us again? I've heard the story before... if they used the same weapons as before... A lot of people will die...

" Do not worry though, they can't even land on this continent! We are also actively hunting the humans that remain in this continent. Plus, not all humans are evil. I know a few that supports us. " Lucy said. That is... good to hear? I know back on Earth the humans there also had religious wars against other religions and even some against other people that have different skin color... so having one that totally discriminates against a different species sounds... right? I don't know...

" Just don't worry about it, let's just enjoy our food. Petrasha will ask you if she wants you to assist her. Come on!" Lucy said as she hastens her speed towards that restaurant.


That restaurant isn't in any way normal... Imagine a sushi bar.... except the kitchen is flooded but the dining area isn't... and the chefs... are a naga and a merfolk... serving fish dishes. Won't that be counted as cannibalism? Or they are considered different... I don't want to know... all I know is that what they are cooking smells extremely delicious that I can smell it from far away!

" So I guess becoming a catkin let May have cat-like characteristics?" Amy said. I don't know and I don't care, I somehow crave fishes now.

"Let's just go eat. I am hungry. No need to care about small details like that." I said while rushing towards the restaurant. Oh, it is not a restaurant either... at least doesn't look like it. It is an open restaurant? As in the walls aren't there. There are seats surrounding the kitchen and we just sit down and order. Sort of like a ramen shop I heard in Japan.

" Oh, Lucy welcome back! Haven't seen you for years!" the merfolk said. Is he an acquaintance of Lucy? 

" Yo, Jasai you got a wife while I'm away huh. Good for you. Not to mention she's a naga." Lucy said to him, oh... so he is single before Lucy went to Desarrkti I guess. 

" Yep, I had a small break last year and went to get some rest at my old home, then met this girl there! Its love at first sight!" Jasai said. Good for you bro! Well... I wish I could have a girlfriend before I died too... 

" So you two have moved here permanently? Since the last time I was here, you are only sharing this shop with some other merfolks." Lucy asked. Huh, so this was supposed to be a few shops together? Well considering the size makes sense. This place looks like it could have 5 shops each with 8 seats each.

" We can chat later, I can see your friends are eyeing the food others are eating now. Come on, I will recommend you guys a new recipe I invented! You will love it!" Jasai said as he gave us 3 seats at his place. I wasn't staring I swear!

" Well do you have sandfish?" Lucy asked Jasai. Sandfish? Does the fish live in the sand? Well... this is isekai... I wouldn't be shocked if there is lavafish too.

" We do have some, but it's quite expensive, it's quite hard to transport these fishes to this place without it spoils in transit," Jasai said. Shouldn't they have refrigeration already? Or it actually needs to be stored somewhere else.

" Whatever I have money give me 1 sandfish set, 1 jerafish set, and 2 pikefish sets," Lucy said. Hmmm... isn't that 4 sets? We only have 3 people though.

" Pikefish for take away I assume. Very well. How would you all like your fish to be cooked? Steam, grilled, fried, smoked, or blast cooked." Jasai asked us... I know the first 4 cooking methods but what is blast cook...explosions aren't involved right?

" Hahaha I like that face of confusion. Blast cooking means that it is cooked within a blast cooker which cooks food with extremely hot aether current. Don't worry, it won't be burnt, in fact, it will taste pristine~ It is my own method of cooking here. Not many people like to use the blast cooker as it's too hard to control the temperature but you don't have to worry about it here." Jasai said. This is hard to choose.

" The blast cooker is a failed invention of Petrasha. She originally wanted to recreate the air fryer from our world, but it became too hard to control the temperature. But the other council members took interest in it and adjusted it a little and it became the blast cooker. The aether will first be heated up and then directly pumped into the cooking pot, but because aether is directly used as a medium rather than air, the fish will be heated up a lot faster compared to air, this is where it gets tricky. Because the aether is a very heat conductive substance, it quickly loses its own heat. Because of this, it is hard to control how many aether should be used in a cooking process as the amount of aether used will determine the heat of the food. That's why many people don't use it. A slightly extra aether and your food became burnt charcoal." Lucy explained... so basically air fryer except you control the amount of aether rather than the heat. But how is that different from frying?

" Just eat it. I don't want to spoil it hehehe." Lucy said with a grin... that's basically telling me to order that type... 

" The sandfish blast cook it, steam for the jerafish, and grill for the pikefish. Both of them." Lucy said... if you are going to order it... Don't just order it by yourself after asking us! I feel like this kind of conversation happened before... 

" Coming right up~," Jasai said and walked back to the stoves. Or should I say swim back? I just realized... most of the cooking appliances are barely touching the water... good thing electricity isn't used here but rather magic. Thank god~ 


" Here comes your food~," the female naga said while bringing us our food. I must say the naga looks quite good. I don't know how tall she is since half of her is underwater, but damn her upper parts look good. I wonder if all naga and merfolk have blue hair since Jasai have blue hair while the naga has dark blue hair. And damn her outfit is quite the sexy one. A bikini with a tight shirt wrapping her top. If I am a guy, I would definitely have a boner right now. Too bad, I am a girl now. Not that I regretted it.

"Let's each eat a portion of each dish, after all, I brought you guys here to let you two to taste the tasty dishes Jasai can do," Lucy said while giving both of us a portion of each three fishes.

" Thanks. Speaking of which, how did you meet Jasai? It doesn't seem that you are a frequent customer of his since you are always traveling here and there." Amy asks. Well, I'm not interested in that, I am more interested in this food. It smells delicious, especially the blast-cooked one. The fish has a crispy skin like it's fried, but also has a smokey taste that smells like it's grilled. 

" Well you see, before I went to Desarrkti, I accepted a mission to escort some merchants to go from Heart Forge to this city. That is where I first met Jasai." Lucy said.

" To protect against monsters right? Even though this world is quite peaceful, there are still monsters." Amy said. That's true. There are no wars here which is good. The crime rate in here is also very low. So the only job that is similar to isekais are escorts through cities and also hunters. From what I heard, animals in this world came from two methods. One is just the normal breeding between animals. The second type is through mana condensation. Periodically, mana will start to condense in a single spot and form a core, these cores will then use the mana to slowly grow out the animals' flesh and bone, and when it is done, it became a full-fledged animal. I don't know how long does this takes and I have no intention to know how long it will take. But according to Lucy, even though the core is the heart of the animal, it still can live even if the core isn't there. And I've heard that some people even managed to ranch these animals so that once it reaches adulthood, the core is taken out and placed within a mana-rich environment to allow it to grow out a new monster. Sounds like cloning to me except it uses mana, and the meat produced is of lower quality. I don't know why and Lucy also doesn't know why.

For monsters it is similar to animals, except the mana intake is slightly higher. I don't know why there are these monsters since their meat are mostly inedible, but their leather and bones make good tools and armor. Somehow animals in this world don't produce good leather pretty weird but hey this is another world. 

" So he was a friend of yours when you start traveling huh," I said.

" No, he is a transmigrator. He is from the Philippines on Earth. It seems he came here in the Year 2025." Lucy said. 

" Wait so you mean he died and came here too?" Amy said loudly.

" Nah, when I realized I am here already. I didn't really die back on Earth." Jasai suddenly joined in our chat.

" Huh, so you got called here by God? Or you got summoned here?" I asked. It's rare to see someone who came here through another way.

" The humans summoned me. But got betrayed by them, then Astrea gave me a second chance by letting me change into one of the local races and continue living here since they can't send me back to Earth." Jasai said. So, the summoning also works huh... Will we need to fight against heroes too? I hope we don't...

" How did you get summoned anyways," Amy asked. Clearly interested in the topic here.

"Let's see, the moment I reached here, I was surrounded by tons of corpses. Apparently, those belong to the ones that tried to summon me. The local god punished them for involving someone from another world and killed them. The humans however think that it is me who killed them and locked me in their jail and proceed to execute me 1 week later." Jasai explained his short human journey on here.

" That's... sad... When did you reach this world by the way," I asked.

" Around the year 1029, so you can say I am almost 200 years old here already haha!" Jasai said. Damn... according to Lucy, a merfolk's lifespan is around 400 - 800 years. Which means at the very least Jasai would be a 40-50-year-old human back on Earth... damn.

" And now you finally got a wife and settled down to be a chef. A pretty nice job I would say. Remember to give me discounts next time I bring friends." Lucy said while teasing Jasai.

" Next time if you bring me the fish I will cook it for you for free! But if you want me to use my stock sorry no discount for ya. I still have to make a living! Especially if I want to have children! I am not sure how a merfolk child will be, but I damn sure I don't want them to be like me back on Earth!" Jasai said in a joking tone.

" Now stop talking and let's eat. Your friend over there is trying to eat your portion you know Lucy~" Jasai said. Damn it! Why are you telling them that!

" OI MAY THOSE ARE MINE" Amy yelled.

" You are too absorbed in the chat so I thought I shouldn't waste it and let it went cold~," I said.

And we end our day in cheerful banter, though not so cheerful for me as I had to endure Amy's scolding for a few hours...

Once I got money I want to make a fishery and hire Jasai as my chef. I want to eat those fishes again!

Oho? It seems we have someone interesting here!

For clarification, in this world, a lot of people from other worlds come here too. They are separated into THREE types :

Transmigrators: People who came into this world willingly or unwillingly. Either through summoning by the locals. These people mostly retain their bodies and souls and do not receive any wishes from the Gods.

Reincarnators: People who came into this world after they died in their original world. This happened to most of the otherworlders here. Normally this is done by the gods or for people who have done very good deeds and granted as wishes from their original world.

Summoned: These people are the first necroids and humans in this world. These are people who are summoned into this world by the Gods with specific goals, in this case their goal is to populate the barren continents that the locals cannot. They mostly do not have wishes granted.

48