Chapter 39 The Hunter and The Hunted
1.7k 10 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2nd Maelach of Desariel 1236

Belgrynd's POV

After waiting for an hour or two, I finally sensed a dozen people coming near the inn I am staying. They went through the main door and directly head straight to my room. They didn't even slow down and talk to the innkeeper. Damn it... just how corrupted is this place is... or maybe it's the lord's troop... I don't really know... I can only sense who is near me not who they are...

" She is in this room. Open it up, remember to do it carefully we don't want damaged goods," I heard a voice coming from outside. It seems to be underground organizations, at least by their content. After that, I heard the door got opened by those people and they slowly crept towards me, carefully not to make a sound.

" You know, she looks quite good for a little girl, if she grows a few more years older I'd definitely wanted her," one of them said and some others replied with "yeah" or "same". Disgusting.

" Shut your mouth, even if you wanted her, she is already bought by the lord. Just use the reward money and go whore somewhere else." the one who opened the door said, at least I assume. So currently plot is, local lord hired an underground organization to abduct girls. This lord is probably a big fat pig... why do I know that, I don't really know, instinct tells me that. After a bit of chit-chat from them, they then lifted me and placed me in a bag. Not even bothering to drug me or something? Not even tying up my hands and legs? Not even sealing my mouth? Damn, this group must be some third-rated underground group. Probably got hired cheaply. I guess the lord isn't that generous either.

" You know what, can we have her for a while? I am sure boss wouldn't mind," one of the thugs said. Disgusting, I swear if this world has police, I will report you to them.

" You know what, can we just tell the lord you want to turn her into second-use goods? I'm sure the lord wouldn't mind one less payment," the leader of these thugs said. Although I said leader, I am actually not sure. He might as well just be another common thug. With that one, all the thugs went quiet and continue carrying me to their base. At least I think it's their base. It's not like I went there before that I would know where they are going.

After around 30 minutes, they dropped me down on the floor. Forcefully. You know, I'll act that I'm awake now since you guys are so rough. Any human would be awake with that thrashing.

" Shit she's awake now, why do you have to throw her so bad! The lord hasn't even reached here yet!" One of the thugs said, clearly panicking. Servers you right... then I got kicked. " Hold still or you will face more pain girl. Don't say I didn't warn you but I can get pretty rough at times." another thug said. You know, even calling you guys third-rated is an insult to them. You guys are the worst thugs I ever met. Not like I met any before, but you guys can be said as the worst. Are you sure you guys are not actors and are acting right now?

" Did you bring the goods unharmed, you better do cause I have no need for second-hand goods." I heard another human's voice. It is probably the lord of this town.

" Yes, she is the one that entered this town today. She is a peddler so no one would notice her went missing and go and find her." the leader said. So they are not just abducting me but also a lot of other girls huh. I guess that makes sense. But the sound of the Lord actually doesn't sound that deep, in fact, he sounds pretty young.

" Yes, for our god we shall continue to provide young soul for his revival. Bring her to the sacrificial room." the "lord" said. I have a bad feeling... sacrifice to a god... and using young girls... this can't be good. Not to mention this might even be related to the one God told me about. This would be even worse. Damn it, a perverted noble lord or a vast underground crime organization is way better than a cult. They are freaking annoying and hard to clear out.

Then I got dragged again, this time literally. They are dragging the bag that contains me forcefully. You know, carrying me would be better and more easier. If the bag somehow got broken due to being dragged I could escape you know~

The dragging stop and I were freed from the cramped, disgusting, almost broken bag. The first scene I saw is a very ugly scene, a scene that makes my blood boil. 

In front of the altar, at least what I think is an altar, is a ritual circle written in chalk, with a lot of obnoxious circles and symbols. This definitely looks like some Cthulu stuff. I don't know what they are doing, I don't want to be in it, nor a part of it. On the ground, in a lot of the circles, are a corpse in a pool of blood, the corpse of various people, age, and gender. in the smallest circle, I am in, are 5 other boys and girls around the age of 10-15. All have their blood drained into the large bowl they are residing in. The second circle has 16 adults that range the age of 25-40 and the outermost circles have the old people that I think are all above 50 and mixed with some other boys and girls. Damn it... this is making me wanted to vomit. This is literally genocide.

" No need to be scared child, you should be proud that you could send your own body and soul to meet with God. God will be forever thankful for your brave sacrifice for him to return to this realm. To continue his rule over us, and cleanse the entire planet of filth once and for all." the lord or should I say priest said. Damn it. I wanted to kill you right here right now, but I am scared if I kill another guy, the blood will assist in summoning this whatever God of his. But I think I shouldn't need to worry. There must be a reason why all the blood and corpse are all within the same single large basin. Time to kill then. Since these guys won't be alive the moment I am done, I let all of my draconic features out and brought out my gunblades from my inventory.

" Sorry, but I am not interested in meeting your God now. The God I know would not request for sacrifices in order to summon him." I said as I delivered a clean headshot to the priest.

" It is one of those filths! Kill her! Don't let her alive!" the other priest and thugs shouted. Suddenly, there are a ton of cultists and thugs surrounding me. The cultist wearing their robes while holding staves, morning stars even staff while the thugs all use swords or daggers. Clearly no ranged users here... does morning star count? But damn, I am at a disadvantage here now. There are almost like 100 or so cultists and one or two dozens of thugs. I don't need to worry them but those cultists look more dangerous... especially their morning stars. Those would hurt a lot. I continued to shoot at the cultists, prioritizing the ones holding morning stars while at the same time kiting them so that I wouldn't be cornered. But their numbers are still too much. The moment I killed one cultists, two more appears! It is like a flood! If I stay in here, I will be overwhelmed and get killed! I have to escape, even though it hurts my pride, if I can survive this, I would be able to hurt them more. 

Once I got a small breather, I switched one of the gunblades to AP ammo and used it to shoot at the altar as well as some of the basins. This made the altar to be deformed pretty bad and some basins even breaking and pouring their contents out. I am sorry, the ones who died here, you must have died a dog's death, but don't worry, once I got enough firepower and sufficient planning, I will come back again and destroy them once and for all. After then I will give you all a decent burial to send you all off. The sabotage that I made make the cultists really angry. Now they are just swarming towards me and swinging at me whenever they can, even hitting some of the thugs that tried to engage me in close combat.

Damn this is hard... I need to quickly find the exit fast... there are too many doors in here and most of them have cultists swarming in like endless water... but it is then I noticed that the thug leader is waving at me. Is he telling me to follow him to get out? That is brave of him... what if he gets killed by these cultists too. But I can't care about those right now. A chance is a chance and I am taking it in order to get the hell out of here. 

After shooting dozens of so cultists, I finally reached the door that the thug leader is at. He is already running ahead of me as it seems he doesn't want to get caught in the friendly fire... well that's ok, at least I can focus on killing them rather than protecting you too. 

I entered the door as it leads towards a hallway, I immediately closed the door and broke some of the walls to create rubbles to block the door. This should be able to delay them a bit before they reroute and chases me. I wasted no time and chase the thug leader who is running ahead of me. I can see his shock when he sees that I am this fast that I could overrun him within seconds.

" So you are a demi-human huh, cool then, can't see any of them here. Names Frux, you should have seen my brother this morning right?" the thug leader said. So Flux and Frux are brothers... nice naming you have there.

" Why are you helping me," I asked Frux. This is basically the same situation as with Flux, they both are helping me without reason.

" You see, we also have quite a bit of story, that isn't pretty good to explain when we are running. Come on, follow me, I will lead you to where Flux is and escape this city together. You already helped me to get my goal so we can retreat earlier." Frux said. So the three days that Flux said is used to destroy that altar? I wonder what plan do they have. 


Damn, this is a huge maze, just how did you guys get down here so fast.

" Just a bit more and we will be outside at the other part of the city. After that, we will escape through one of the tunnels Flux prepared beforehand and we can chat a bit later then." Frux said. 

After running through three more turns, we went out of the maze and underground temple and I saw Flux at the other size of the door.

" Sel??? Why are you here? What are those things at your head and is that a tail?" Flux said in a pretty shocking tone. What, never seen a draconian before?

" Cut the crap, we have to run away now, the altar is destroyed by this girly here so we can get out earlier than we planned. Just run, don't pack anything. They are on our tails right now." Frux said as he continues to run outside of his house and towards the west end of the city.

" Damn, I didn't know you are this strong girly, I thought you are just a small peddler that sells nice trinkets, I guess you can't judge a person by their looks huh." Flux said while running with us. It is nice that he could still joke while running for his life. But you know, fuck this. I am doing it my way. I grabbed both of them by the waist, one at each arm, and start flying.

" Whoa! This is quite the journey~ I cant believe I am flying! I only saw the old records that birds fly but damn flying is impressive." Flux said. If you have the time to run your mouth, stop moving! It's hard to grab you while flying over the town and through the city gates.

" Stop moving Flux, cant you see the girl is struggling to hold you up. I don't want you to die on us now after we completed our mission!" Frux said while yelling at Flux. You know you are the same too. So both of you shut up.

I turned my head to see if they are still chasing us, and I saw a damn ton of cultists coming out from the little house that we were in earlier. Some of them are rushing to the gates. Well damn.

" Hold on tight on my waist. I have to move faster. At this rate, they will catch up on us and even alert the gate garrisons." I said to both of them. I can feel Frux starting to hug my waist but Flux is still... barely holding. Well, I warned you, Don't say I didn't.

" Wait waaaaaaaaait!" Flux started shouting as I increased my speed. Damn flying while grabbing two grown-up men is hard! They're too heavy! The last time with Kent is way more better! Any of these two would be heavier by Kent a lot!

As we fley past the walls, I can see the guards that just received the info start scrambling to hunt me down. Too bad, I am way faster. I flew for around half an hour which is my limit and landed down.

" YOU SHOULD HAVE WARNED ME" Flux started yelling while vomiting.

" She did and you didn't listen," Frux said while adjusting himself by breathing deeply a few times. Damn this guy got his adaptability at max.

" So, I believe we should both exchange our stories first huh. Flux is vomiting now so I will explain our stories first. If after that you deem us trustable then please tell us yours too." Frux said while patting Flux's back, making him puke even harder.

" Follow me to my hideout first. We don't want to be caught open." I said as I lead them to one of my newer hideouts.

For the first time. I think not all humans are bad too.

Well a double chapter today, or not a double chapter for some of you. It seems that we have some serious cultist issues coming on.

Will the Flrux brothers be a good ally? Or would they be the same as the rest of the humans...

We will see in the next chapter.

49