Chapter 42 One Side Fight against three sides
1.7k 5 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd Maelach of Desariel 1236

Random Cultist's POV

" OI where the heck did those three went to!" I asked my fellow comrades. Ever since that filth and the two infidels have escaped, the entire sect is in huge disarray. I can't even believe that the sacred holy altar got damaged by that filth! 

" Strange they should be near here. They couldn't have run that fast." Another comrade said.

*clank*

" Hey did you hear something?" I asked the other comrades within the area.

" All I heard is someone not fulfilling their duties to God earnestly. Stop talking and continue the search!" a comrade said. Tsk... I'm only asking.

" You know what? I also heard that sound too. It is the sound of your death." I suddenly hear a voice saying. Crap. This is dange-


Belgrynd's POV

You know what. Let's just go with a  bang. I opened the hatch and immediately flew out, leaving Flux and Frux still back at the hideout. Right after I flew out, I saw one of those cultists yelling at others something. It seems the sound of me opening the hatch got heard by this fella. Well, since you heard it, then you got the opportunity to die first then~

" You know what? I also heard that sound too. It is the sound of your death." I said towards the lone cultist that says he heard something. He didn't even tried to fight back and directly attempted to run away. Too late you know.

*swoosh*

There we go, one down, I don't know how many more to go, doesn't matter, a lot of humans are going to die today, and nobody will remember them.

" Flux, Frux you two there? Come on, quickly." I said as I watched the area if there are more cultists heading here. For now, they are still wandering around the area probably still searching for the hatch. They situated themselves quite sparse, one of them for each 3-5 meters. 

" We can't fly you know Bell... We have to climb that ladder in order to get out..." Flux said as he climbed out of the hatch, only to see a headless corpse and he immediately screamed out loud. Well, I guess we don't have to go find for the cultist then.

" Oi, what are you shouting for! Don't forget that there are enemies nearby! Damn it!" Frux said while he also climbed up and saw the headless corpse, which he didn't give any reaction except standing there. Well, I guess seeing a headless corpse right after climbing a ladder could be shocking.

" You two, don't forget that we have company. If you two are not going to fight and just stand there, then just go back down. I am going to go now, you two fight as you fit. If you guys need me to help just call Sel and I will come to assist." I said as I start flying towards the nearest enemy, leaving the two brothers behind confused, but they quickly regain their composure and start and prepare to fight. 

I wonder if there will be a leader within this searching group. If there is, I want to capture him and if possible get some info about this cult. I don't like fighting unknown enemies, especially if they are doing something as bad as sacrificing people. I don't really want to fight anything from the Cthulu mythos, or anything similar. 

As I flew, I can sense that a lot of those cultists are heading towards the sound, but there is a group of people that aren't moving towards the sound source, are they waiting for people to come to them? Well, doesn't matter, since you few decided to not move, I will come to you then.

The group consists of 7 people, 6 males, and 1 female. At least I think are 6 males, one of them is wearing heavy armor from the top to the bottom. From what I can see, the female one has the role of a coordinator, as her gear is pretty weak-looking. She is only wearing leather armor with her clothes underneath. Her weapons are a short bow and a dagger that I don't think will deal much damage, but what she is doing is organizing the entire team in order to face enemies as I keep seeing her giving orders to the other six members. Hrmm, a coordinated team. I wonder if this fight will be longer than usual, so far what I am fighting are only just tons of soldiers that are scrambling in attempts to kill me, with no coordination whatsoever. But I don't really want to fight these kinds of enemies, I am not a battle junky anyways. I just want to quickly get this done with and then just go back.

Since the coordinator is always an important part of the group, that would be my first target. I aimed my gunblade at the coordinator and then pulled the trigger. The bullet surprisingly got blocked by the full armored guy. Oh right, I am not using AP ammo, just plain ammo is unable to penetrate thick iron. My bad~

" So you are the rumored dragon girl, right? Former human, Beno." The coordinator said. What? How... Where did she get that name???

" Our prince has given us an order to capture you alive, even if it means that we will need to cut off your limbs and make you near death. He told us your regenerative abilities would have made you safe" Prince? What prince? Is this related to the pope? If so then I am damn sure that the culprit that God is handling really hates me so much that he used multiple people to freaking torture me... God if you can hear me, I really hope that you can give me a chance to freaking punish that guy for causing so much trouble for me!

This fight is going to be very troublesome... this group of people is different from the cultists... I need to either finish this fast or run away immediately in order to protect myself and both Flux and Frux... I switched one of the gunblade's ammo into AP shells and start shooting it at the heavily armored guy. While the bullets do hit, they didn't hit anywhere important. He lifted his arm and blocked the bullets with his arm armor. Damn it, even though it penetrates armor well, it won't do anything to three layers of armor... but at least his arms are starting to bleed. Urgh, if I don't kill the armored guy, I can't kill the rest. This is annoying.

While I am focused on the armored guy, the other 5 also start moving. Three of them unsheath their blades which gave me a bad feeling. The blade itself is not the worst point. The worst thing is that the blade is being covered with some sort of substance, a substance that tells me that its purpose is to damage me... I highly suspect that the layer of the substance works similar to poison that it will slowly kill me from inside. The two remaining ones brought out what looks like flintlock pistols. The bullet they are using seems similar to the substance on the blade too... Damn it, why is it always humans that develop scary weapons. Now I have to avoid the bullets and the slashes from these guys and the coordinator is making all of this way harder!

" What is the matter, didn't you raided forts after forts within the past months? Can't even fight a small group of people?" the coordinator taunted me. Damn it, dodging the bullets and the slashes is very hard. Most of my bullets are even getting blocked by the armored guy. I tried to slash at the three sword users, but each time when I nearly hit them, I have to retreat as the other two would come and defend him, or the two pistol users would shoot at me. If I tried to use my guns, it would either be blocked by the armored guy or it somehow misses its target. I should have been used to attack while flying yet I can't attack them when I am only walking on land. I even tried flying, but the moment I was about to reach the air, I had to do a lot of dangerous maneuvers to evade the incoming fire from both the gunners and the coordinator. Damn it!

While I continue to dodge and shoot at the other 5, I nearly got hit by one of the arrows that the coordinator shot. It scratches my left leg and while it didn't cause a lot of damage, the arrow tip seems to be coated with a similar substance as the others. But surprisingly, it doesn't feel bad, in fact, I feel stronger. It is as if I suddenly have more mana within me! I am not sure whether getting hit more times is good or not, but I still don't want to get hit, even if it makes me stronger. What if it had some drawbacks later... I don't want to become some sort of drug addict. Which is why I am going to use this additional power to quickly handle this.

" Damn it, shouldn't the arrow make her weaker? Why is she getting faster! It's not as the prince said!" the coordinator yelled.

" How should I know? I only know it would cause mana berserk, do you think I even know what that is? All I heard is that overdose will kill the person!" the armored girl said. It is a girl inside, that is for sure with that voice. So overdose cause mana berserk. That should be noted down. I really shouldn't take more damage than this little scratch. I don't want to enter this whatever mana berserk. With the boosted speed, I tried again using hit and run tactics. Before, the armored girl would keep facing me in order to block my bullets, because that she only needs to move a little bit, but now, I can move faster, and that means the armored girl would need to cover more grounds in order to protect its allies, which definitely isn't viable in the long term. Which is why, this time, I didn't try to attack the other members, I tried to attack the armored girl directly, the gunblade with the normal bullet shooting towards the coordinator as a fluke, while on the other hand, the AP loaded gunblade to the head of the armored girl. 

" ARGH!" the armored girl yelled. Hmmm, it seems it missed a bit. Didn't hit the brain properly, or didn't go deep enough. Doesn't matter, if one shot isn't enough, I will use two.

" I won't fall into the same trick again!" the armored girl yelled, too bad, I am not doing the same trick. This time, the normal bullet towards the sword users while AP bullet to the armored girl's leg. This time, the normal bullet hit the swordsman on the neck while the AP bullet successfully crippled the armored user.

" Damn it! The anti-mana weapons aren't working! Retreat!" the coordinator yelled. Do you seriously think I would let you escape? Out of a sudden, one of the gunners got shot in the head and fell down. When I look towards where the shot came from, I saw Flux there with Frux shooting in the opposite direction. So they lured the cultist here huh. Good idea there, this place will become more chaotic and the cultist will definitely think that this group of people are with us. Now that this is getting more chaotic, it is time that I finish this part quickly.

" Flux, Frux! Focus on attacking the cultist. Try to draw them further in here!" I said toward them. They nodded and start running towards our side while I ran towards the coordinator. I am pretty sure among the lot within this group, this one would have the most intel about this substance. Though I also want to capture the cultist leader, this one holds more potential. After all, I don't want to die of mana berserk.

While Flux and Frux draw the cultist towards the rest of the ambush team, I rushed towards the coordinator. After all, if she ran away now, the news will spread about me and I don't want that to happen so fast. The prince might know about me, but he didn't tell me to everyone. Cause if he did, I would be wanted everywhere now.

" You aren't running away miss," I said while chasing her. She tried to shake me off by doing sharp turns here and there, but that doesn't really work much when I could literally fly and chase you. I don't want to be too far from Flux and Frux, so I decided to shoot the coordinator's legs, effectively immobilizing her. 

" You will spit out every single detail that you know. No matter how small the detail is! Understand?" I said as I dragged her back to the battlefield. I think we ran about a little bit over 100 meters, cause I reached back quite fast. When I'm back, I can see Flux and Frux using the body of the armored girl in order to block the incoming fire of arrows. Pretty clever I would say, though seeing that they are using her as cover, it would probably mean she is dead already, probably because of blood loss. Too bad for her, very good for me.  The remaining 4 of the ambush group are also fighting the cultist. As expected, they thought that these people are in the same group as me. Hence they are also attacking them. I went towards Flux and Frux and ask them how many bullets they have left.

" I have 5 more magazines," Frux said while Flux said that he has 12 left. Hrmm, I guess time to restock. I refilled their magazines back to 40 and then I told them my plan.

" Listen, once you two are ready, bring this girl back to the hideout. I will handle the rest of the cultist and the ambush group. Shoot only if they come charging at you. Once you two brought this one into the hideout, tie her hands up and patch her legs. I don't want her to bleed to death since I want some information from her. I will try to find the cultist leader, at least the leader of this attack, and try to capture him too. Don't expect me to come back this fast. Also. I will be dismantling them for their meat. So if you two do not want to see that scene, do not come out, understood?" I told them and they nodded.

"LET'S GO!" I said while flying up, drawing their attention, and then starting the bullet hell for them. I wonder which one would be the cultist, they all wear similar shabby clothing... Ah, that one there has a slightly better one, OK I won't kill you, for now, prepare for the worst hehehe.

Phew, this took quite a long time, because of several delays of IRL problems.

Plus, tmr I might not be able to write out a chapter, I have work to do ahahahahaha. I will still try though, no promises~

53