Chapter 43 Tactical Discussion
1.7k 29 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3rd Welkalach of Ateriel Year 1237

Amy's POV

" It has been two years already! When can we go and get Beno!" I yelled out loudly to the others.

" It is not that we don't want to! But we can't! Getting into that continent without preparation is pure madness! You would die even before meeting up with Beno!" Petrasha yelled back. Damn it. It has been two years since Beno's icon showed up on my map, yet I cannot do anything to go and meet up with him. Or her if she became a girl. Though the weird thing is that Beno has two names. Beno and Belgrynd... what happened to him...

" But you saw that girl wearing dragon scale armor! It definitely has to be Beno! I never heard another dragon appearing ever since I reached here!" this time it is Lucy yelling. Yes, everyone is yelling right now. We are anxious because even though we haven't met Beno, we can confirm that he is being tortured. I heard from the lizardman that unless they are changing scales, forcibly taking the scales off hurts a lot. The pain is like stepping on a lego block except the block is sharp and has a lot of spikes.

" But what can we do... the moment we go near that continent, we have this feeling of suffocation. I highly doubt before we reached where Beno is, we would die of mana suffocation first." May said. Urgh.

" Petrasha, arent you making some sort of things to allow us to continue in that environment? I'm sure you should have a chance right?" Christine said. Yeah, you should have ways Petrasha, arent you a genius inventor. Do something about this!

" As if, at the very most I can do is just slow down mana dissipation, and it won't even help if I cant cover the entire body with mana-infused steel. I tried other materials but it doesn't work. I am not some sort of all-knowing inventor! I need to at least know what the heck should I use before making it! Plus even if it does prevent mana from decaying to the environment there, we still need a way to create mana within the environment! If not we still can't even go there." Petrasha said while slumping on her chair. 

" You know, what if you make it so we bring mana storage and it uses the mana inside to release mana into the air temporarily within the armor you said before," I said. You know, like Oxygen Is Unavailable. The whatever machine there to create oxygen, can't we use a similar theory to bring mana there?

" You thought I never thought about it? Yes, I do have a mana radiator that releases mana, but how the heck are you going to go through the entire journey with just a few mana stones? Even if it's Lucy with her infinite inventory, she can't even give you others to use the mana stones. Since the mana infused armor would directly absorb it without letting the radiator use it." Petrasha added. So there is no way huh.

" You know, is it possible to deploy a mana field using the stuff? It might take more mana but at least everyone could be inside there?" Christine said. You know what, if it is possible Petrasha would have made it already. I retorted Christine within my mind.

" Problem for that is to maintain it within a radius of the tool without it dissipating. Wait... maybe it is possible... If I use anti-mana as a conductor, to generate a mana field near it like magnetic fields, I think I should be able to make it! I will be right back!" Petrasha said as she stands up and left the room.

" And there she goes," I said. 

" So what should we do now. Petrasha is going to develop those, should we make our own preparation too? You know to fight against the humans." Lucy said.

" You know, I still feel weird that we are going to fight humans... all of us here are formerly humans too. It feels weird that we are going to kill humans." May said. To be honest I have that feeling too... but what they did is unbelievable. This is just pure torture... I just can't help but think that the humans here are all evil. Like the one in novels where the church is evil or something.

" You aren't here long enough to see just what they have done May. Didn't you saw it first hand when we reached this continent? The residents there saw it directly that an entire island shattered right before their eyes. If it were me, I would say they deserve this. They might still be humans, but they clearly are different from those that we know back on Earth. If you still can't get rid of the bad feeling of killing humans, they stay here when we go and rescue Beno." Lucy said calmly, with a hint of sadness in the last sentence... If it were me, would I opt to say or go and rescue Beno... Petrasha and Lucy would go for sure. They don't even hesitate when talking about killing humans... I don't know Christine but I would say she would go too. That leaves me and May hesitating whether we should join or not...

" You two, you have lived here for more than 20 years already, you should have known that things work differently here. Although it is not all like the isekai novels that read before, some parts of it are still true. The humans here are the demons we normally read in isekai novels. And this time, not only we have to prepare to defend against them, one of us is even captured by them. I don't know if the humans would have brainwashing abilities, but the last thing I want to do is to fight Beno. Not because he is draconian, but because Beno is our friend. And we should work hard to rescue our friend. You can choose to not join the fight against humans, I can understand that, but would you still not join if it is to save a friend? Even back on Earth, police have to shoot the thugs in order to rescue the hostage. It is the same situation now. It is either we shoot the one taking hostage, or we lose the hostage." Christine said. This is the first time I saw Christine in a serious tone and face... But she is right... it is either we fight the humans, or we risk losing Beno. This should normally be an easy choice... but I still feel bad about killing humans.

" Amy... Listen to me. When we are going to save Beno, just guide us there. We will handle the fighting ok? You don't have to worry about killing them. Just, bring us to Beno, and we will escape together. After that everything will be done. No more forced fighting... ok?" Lucy said as she comes next to me and starts patting me... Damn it... shouldn't it be this kind of times that I should be the strong one... must be because they are formerly boys that they can say things like this... it must be that...


3 hours later

" So, you used 3 hours to make that mana field... just how absurd are you Petrasha..." I said as I saw Petrasha holding a device looks quite weird. It looks like a cylindrical tube but at both ends of it, there is some indented space. The size of the object looks like your average chip container...

" Yep, I call this the mana field emitter. It will emit mana through the two indentations here and the mana will be controlled to be within this area with anti-mana. Because anti-mana have a peculiar characteristic, that in a certain distance, it will push mana away, but outside of that distance, it will attract mana instead, making us able to control the mana within the field. Currently, the distance is a 1-meter radius. I am currently improving it so that we could adjust the radius! One standard mana crystal could hold for 8 hours! So we can now go and save Beno!" Petrasha yelled while explaining what sort of monstrosity she made within the last three hours. But that's good, it means we can all go to save Beno now. Just... how?

" Mind if I break your bubble, even if we have this, how should we even go there. There are still humans there, there is no way the 5 of us are able to pass through it safely." Lucy said. Ahem... 4. I am still not confident I could fight them nonchalantly. 

" Don't worry, together with us will be the demon fleet. Ever since they saw human activities near their continent, they started to rebuild their fleet. They will proceed to bombard the human coastal settlements once they are done, which should be around 2 months or so. In that meantime, we could prepare and head towards there with my newly designed yacht!" Petrasha said. Wait a minute... when the heck did you made a freaking yacht! Well at least with this May won't be vomiting midway. I hope.

" So in the end we are still going to fight the humans? I don't really want to fight them..." I said. May nodded too after hearing what I said.

" Don't worry, once the demons cleared out a pathway, we will be directly heading towards where Beno is. Just lead us there and we will spearhead towards his or her location. With this, if everything goes right, we won't even be fighting any humans and can safely rescue Beno!" Petrasha said.

" That's a flag," Christine added. Yes, that's a huge flag. if you said it this way, there is no way we will be able to safely rescue her. I guess I should prepare in case even I also need to fight...

" Well then, May and Amy, I know you two don't want to fight much, but I will prepare you the best equipment I could get. A katana and pistol for Amy and a military-grade dagger and pistol for May. You two might not want to fight, but trust me, the humans once they saw you will only want you to be dead, hence, it is better to be safe than sorry. Just don't shoot us while protecting yourself." Petrasha said while she once again walks away to prepare our equipment.

" Since Petrasha is making your equipment... I guess I will go prepare the supplies... I don't know how fast Petrasha's Yacht will be, but I doubt it will take longer than a month or so. It cant be as fast as the speedboat so there is no way it will take less than a week because the humans used almost a year to reach this continent from theirs. If I had to estimate, it would take a month and a half on the yacht. That is if the speed is like a normal yacht and we are just cruising there instead of full speed." Lucy said. Hmmm, I guess so... " I'm going with you." I said as I followed Lucy outside, leaving Christine and May back inside.

" I guess I will go train some combat skills then..." May said while Christine just went outside without saying anything. Well... back to her room. Christine has been feeling pretty bored ever since I said Beno is coming here but is on another continent. She even said that she will be going on hiatus from her band in order to help us. I even found out that she is actually pretty good in archery and shooting. I know Kevin likes to play a lot of fps games, but I never knew that after reincarnated, his skills would literally be translated into shooting skills. Urgh... What should I even do...

Don't worry Beno, we are coming to rescue you!

Distant Beno : *ACHOO*

Flux : I didn't know dragons could get cold...

Frux : I didn't too

Beno : Shut up you too...

Anyways~ Thanks for waiting for 1 day of no chapters~ had to complete my work and reports~ The timeskip chapter about tech building! It seems our reuniting episode is not so far~

50