Chapter 109 Dragon Demon
351 12 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

4th Sukurach of Desariel 1237

Belgrynd's POV

" So since you want to see me in real combat, promise me that you won't freaking come out of that bush until I told you to," I said to the demon following me. In which he just did a simple salute and hide back in the bush. Sometimes I do wonder if I am doing the correct choice of bringing a civilian here. Except that civilian is a demon scientist that wants to write a thesis just to join a nerd group...

Urgh, whatever, as long as he will be safe and doesn't interfere, I don't mind if he even wanted to freaking set up a lab here as long as it didn't affect me directly. 

Now, where are we, now we are attacking one of the bug's nests near the town whose name I didn't bother to remember. I just call it demon port city. Right now I am standing on the branch of a nearby tree to check the number of bugs... around 15 outside and 70 more inside... no hostages found... or they died already... tsk...

Stepping out of the canopy of trees, I immediately flapped my wings to give me a speed boost, reaching the bug nests within seconds. Before the two on the watchtower could even react, they already had their heads removed from their body. With a loud thud, it drops down on the floor, which starts the annihilation of another bug nest.

Screams, gunshots, and yells is all I could hear inside the compound. Order is all gone and chaos is all that remains. As the humans swarm me, I deliver bullets and bullets straight into their heads. Not even bothering to care if there could be any innocents among them. I am sure there would be none.

Within minutes, the previous chaos has turned into an eerie silence. The shouting has all ended, there is only one life remaining inside the compound, anyone else has perished, whether it is a bullet in the head, or a cleaved by a sword. The only life left here is me.

I signaled Cyber to come, and he quickly did so. Though as he gets closer to me, I can see his face starting to distort more and more. Jeez, no need to hold it in... well I guess I am also at fault to a certain extent. I immediately stored most of the bug corpses, to which Cyber gave me a thankful nod.

" So... you mostly fight with those two guns though, I don't really see you use magic." Cyber said, "Though I must say, the skills you have is incredibly good! It's like you're one with your gunblades! I have never seen one move so smoothly and deadly before!" he continued.

Ha... you probably can count the number of fights that you yourself have seen with one single finger... and that is this time but there is no need to burst his bubble.

" Can you help me dig some graves, possibly around 20 or so?" I told him while grabbing a shovel from my inventory. While he looks confused, he didn't say anything and just starts digging. I assume he is just gonna silently dig while he digests what happens here. Whatever suits me. 

I walked into the tunnel part of the base and continue the massacre part two. I don't know why but these bugs keep building these settlements like this, half outside and half inside. It is like they are trying to be secretive but at the same time yelling that 'we are here!', but it helps that I can do this in stages. Well to the next stages then, I hope 20 is enough, I can't sense any life inside but I can assume how many dead will there be... pests excluded of course.

As I opened the door, the scene that I have seen hundreds of times appeared again, humans rushing towards me to kill me. Sometimes I wonder, is this what they feel when back on earth, those gunners shooting down the protesters? They just felt them as some sort of annoyance. The scenario is the same but the context isn't. Back there capitalists have wrung people to desperation, while here, greed has made them blind. It is quite sad, to be honest, but it doesn't change what I have to do. It is us or them. There is absolutely no chance of diplomacy. 

As minutes passed, the bug army was quickly eradicated, and soon, the last of them fell by my bullet. Thinking that I have to repeat this at least 50 times in this continent isn't fun at all... but the good thing is that I don't need to have Cyber near me every time. If he wanted to see the magic I could just show him in the future, plus, the events today should discourage him already.

Heading deep inside the cave, I looted all the valuable things inside, which is practically nothing. I have no need for their inferior crude iron equipment, their trinkets are almost garbage, their coins... not like they have that much, and their furniture is totally not for normal being use. Even I could make better furniture using the same material. 

And lastly, what I would call the holding room. A room where they use to hold the captive... judging by the floor marks I already won't like what I will see. There are blood trails everywhere. This means they are dragging someone who is bleeding, and judging by the color, the most recent one couldn't be longer than 12 hours.

Opening the door, I saw a scene that no matter how many times I saw it, will always make my blood boils. Several non-humans, mostly young girls and boys, what differed from this to others though... is that all of them have their blood entirely drained from their body... leaving only husks of their former selves in here... not to mention, I can see, the girls, especially those of the succubus, are raped harshly. Urgh, back in there, at the very least the beastkin and elves all still look sort of like themselves even if they are killed, this? This isn't just raping and then killing, they freaking drained their blood to get every ounce of mana in it...

I immediately stored all of the 23 bodies in my inventory, carefully making sure that they will be stored as individual corpses and not as generic corpses, through this method, I also know their age and names too... which makes me want to kill the damn bugs even more, the kids in here, the youngest is only 9, and the oldest is at 221, which is the succubus female...

Going outside, I meet up with Cyber, I quickly used magic to dig an extra 3 graves, then carefully place all of them into each slot and buried them. The initial shock that Cyber had when he saw me taking out all of this body is filled with anger, anger at why is this happening to his kin. I used magic to make tombstones for all of them, slowly carving their names into them using my claws.

" These... I recognize some of the names..." Cyber said to me. 

" Just... why... what did we do that deserved this..." Cyber said, his eyes starting to tear up. I pat his back, telling him that it is alright to cry. I know that I am not helping with the cause, but what he needs right now... is to release everything. Which he did, crying out loud in front of the tombstones.

I decided that this is enough for today, maybe if I am alone, I might continue to erase one or more bases. But today I have Cyber here, even though he is a creepy stalker and is sometimes a pervert too, this is too much of a shock for him.

"Let's finish giving them a burial and then go home..." I told him gently while patting his back. Cyber nodded weakly as he stayed there while I finish giving all 23 of the victims a burial. Then the rest is as usual, I pile up all of the humans into a bonfire and light it all up. I used some magic to make sure that the black smoke will be noticeable even from far away. At least I am sure that if the nearby town guard isn't sleeping, they should be able to see this.

" Cyber... Do... you want to stay here until the city guard arrives or we leave now..." I asked him. While I certainly do not want to expose myself to the guards, it can't be helped now that Cyber is now terrorized by the events that happened here. I guess, I can wait here with him. He needs emotional support now. I thought as I sat behind him and hugged him from the back, causing him to cry even more...

It pains me to see him crying like this, even though we didn't talk too much and most of the conversations we had is us bantering, I can't deny that he is also one of my friends in this world... so seeing him like this is very... sad... not to mention, I am partially the cause of this. Sure I can blame this on the humans, but it is my choice to bring him here with me. I could just let him stay back and show him the magic when he wants. But instead, I brought him here to see this massacre. I guess the saying is right...

Ignorance is bliss... how I wish I could do that.


" I already told you I am the one who killed all the freaking humans and buried all of the demons! If you don't believe in me then go ahead and dug out their graves if you want!" I yelled at the guard captain that came to check out the fire that I made.

" How do we know that you are not the one who killed them and blame it on the humans? After all, criminals like you tend to use humans as a scapegoat to perform crimes." the captain argued back while he is interrogating me inside a tent that he and the guards haphazardly set up near the graves.

" It doesn't help that you know all of the victims' names. If you are not the killer, how would you know their name and even their age? You must have stalked them and then killed them! Confess up, how many more have you killed!" the captain is starting to get on my nerves... I am here helping you to clear up pests and even potentially save up your fellow countrymen, and this is how you treat me?

" Fine, you want to see how many more I killed right? Let me show you!" I said as I stood up and went outside, of course, I have not killed a single non-human. BUT, I have killed a lot of humans. He only said he want to know how many more I killed, not who I killed. Maybe this would even scare him a little too~

" Ha, I am glad you are finally confessing, now show us the proof..." the captain said haughtily. Though the haughtiness ended as I took dozens and dozens of human corpses out, not a single demon corpse inside there by the way. Man, the shock on his face, can't wait for him to say some stupid things to retort.

Soon enough, the pile of human corpses has attracted almost everyone's attention, luckily Cyber is not included due to him resting in another tent. Well, that is half of why I dare to do this, if he is still awake I feel that he will just collapse. Well, even if he didn't see it, he would also just collapse due to the stress.

" This... this doesn't mean anything! You could have gathered them to cover your crimes!" here we go, the captain's denial. Oh well, I got everyone's attention already.

" So, you are saying that in order to kill a dozen or two of demonkind, I went ahead and slain one or two hundred humans huh? That is quite the chore you know? Not to mention, in order to get this many humans, I would have to go to the human continent, go into their towns in such a hostile environment and kill them. Then equip all of them with whatever armor I found and then I come back to kill some demonkind huh? I am ashamed by your intelligence captain..." I said to him, making him even angrier. He looks so angry that it looks like he is going to erupt so soon. I stored all of my emergency rations back in my storage and then went to find if there is a more sensible demon in his platoon.

" I am not done with you woman! Do you hear me!" the useless captain yelled as I walked away from there.

" Tell your friends to look out for fires in the forest, or else you will lose even more," I told him as I flap my wings and flew away.

Cyber? I am sure the guards would treat him well, not like he did anything wrong, well neither did I. Though, bringing out tons of corpses like that, it kinda makes me look like a demon huh... a dragon demon... wait, this wording is wrong now, a demon is now just another person! Urgh, I just badmouthed an entire race... I think after finishing a few more runs I have to do some research on the insults in this world... I mean, demons are the good guys here, bitch are probably just a way to call female dog beastkin... urgh, doesn't matter, as someone on Terra always says, you learn a language by learning its insult.

Astrea: Say... do you think we should add a kill count feature?
Ars: For what.
Astrea: IDK... just a feel?
Ars: Will you do it?
Astrea: Can you?
Ars: Nope, good luck.

Anyways~ here is a new chapter! I promised to write faster so here we are :D
Though I am currently questioning something... how far do I want this story to go. And, if I want that story to go that far, how long will it take, but that is something for me to figure~

After all, its my story ;3

And here is Cyber za demon~

Spoiler

[collapse]

13