Chapter 112 Blaming Excuses
311 3 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1st Welkalach of Jariel 1238

Belgrynd's POV

*boom*

A loud explosion disrupts the calm atmosphere, everyone is shocked by the explosion, including me, but, it sounds like the mana mortar the humans used, except it seems much louder. Everyone is looking around for the source but is unable to find it until one of the soldiers points towards the castle. There is smoke coming out of it and one of the taller towers is collapsing. Someone is attacking the castle!

Just where did they come from? I don't see anyone heading toward the castle even... it should be the safest place in this city... yet right now, it looks like a huge fight has broken out at the castle... 

" Miss dragon, could you help us one more time?" the captain asked, well, without him telling I would also be able to tell what he wanted to say. He wanted me to check out the castle since I would reach there faster than the army. Giving him a nod I stood up and immediately started flying to the castle, at the same time I could hear him yelling orders to the other soldiers to prepare to depart too.

Good thing I am not in his position. The stress of managing an entire army is definitely not within my league. Commanding armies in real life is totally different than in Starcraft 3, Total War... whatever, and other strategy games.

The flight is short, but upon reaching the castle courtyard, it is just pure hell, corpses everywhere, soldiers entirely cut in half, and people with their heads or limbs entirely gone. Whoever did this, is just overpowering over all of these soldiers... As I get closer to the castle, three more explosions are heard and the tower on the opposite side of the collapsed one also joins it. It is definitely going to be a pain to rebuild any of those. 

Even getting closer, I can see a huge hole leading to what feels like a throne room. Why? The red carpet of course... I never understand the need for that stuff but whatever. Seeing that the carnage forms a trail towards here, means that the enemy is directly targeting the king. Which means bad news for us.

Landing down I can see a total of five living people... the rest are dead. The one who is probably the king heavily injured on the side, and next to him is probably his wife and daughter. And two guys fighting each other, one is a demon general using two longswords while the other is a fel demon who is using a greatsword. The demon general is at a disadvantage as I can see him starting to get tired and is forced on the defensive.

Without any warning, I took out my gunblades and start shooting at the fel demon, causing everyone in the room to be surprised. The royalty has a face of hope while the general is a face of relief. Don't stop yet now, I still depend on you to finish him.

" You... YOU!" the fel demon yelled after looking at my face. Jeez, I got haters now... nah, judging by his reaction, he is probably related to the demon that is controlling the others. 

Good, less work for me to rat you all out.

" Let me guess, that one is someone you know?" I asked him as I continue to shoot bullets at him, keeping our distance, right now he is totally ignore the other four people in the room, which is good for me.

" My brother is dead! And it is all because of you bitch!" he yelled as he continuously swung his greatsword in my direction. Wait... he is dead? I didn't kill him... so did those at home found out and decided to retaliate? Nice! Whoever got him I am giving you dragon steak tonight... nevermind, they probably will think it is from me.

" How is it my fault, it is not my choice that I wanted to invade this realm, it is yours. I am just here living my life and you're the one interrupting me." I said as our clashes continued, bullets tore through the space as they missed but so is his sword slashes.

" Ha, not your fault, of course, it is your fault! You being here is already a problem already!" the demon said as he continue to swing, somehow even faster than before, if he was a human, there is no doubt that his muscle would already start bleeding. Sadly he isn't, which is why I am still fighting him, buying time for the other 3 demons to flee this area. Again sadly, they don't get the clue. The king is too injured and requires assistance to leave and the princess alone isn't enough to move him, yet the general is hellbent on wanting to helping me defeat the fel demon despite him having injuries.

" So you are saying my existence is a fault huh, if that is the case, then I am not the problem then, you are!" I yelled as I also go faster to match his speed. I know he is still hiding some stuff, that is why I am not using full power, I don't want to go full power only for him to suddenly activate something like self-destruction.

" Nobody's existence is a fault! It is those who deny them that are the problem! And right here right now, you are the problem in this world! So the best thing I can do is to erase you from this world just like your brother!" I taunted him. Which surprisingly works as I can see him trying to get more mana from his surroundings to him.

" Freaking bitch I will kill you for even mentioning him!" he said as he released a shockwave that tossed everyone within 100 meters off, except me of course, I hope that the general would get the point already and quickly evacuate the king! But with that, he seems to be already almost out of mana already... it would be the perfect army killing skill but in a 1v1 pvp... its literally the worst, even worst now because he has an enemy that can fly away from it.

Deciding to not drag this any longer I stored both of my twin gunblades and took out my cutlass that I was trying to forge before any of this even happen and flew down on him. 

Due to the shockwave, there is a huge dust cloud in the surrounding, causing the fel demon's vision to be heavily impaired, it is the same to me, but I can use his soul to see where he is, so I went for the kill. Though the speed of me flying toward him cleared up some of the dust, by the time he is able to see where I am, it is already too late.

We are only at most two meters apart with my cutlass directly aimed at his neck. He tried to resist it by lifting his arm but. There are three problems here.
1. My strength is higher than his.
2. My blade is sharper.
3. My speed is boosting me even further. Physics.

With that, the fight that I dragged out to be probably as long as 30 minutes... is finished in less than one. He didn't even get to say anything. No final message, no final taunt, just a clean cut to his neck, and he is gone. After making sure that he is absolutely dead by stabbing my cutlass into his heart, I cleared up all the dust inside the throne room... or what remains of it. Almost everything that isn't nailed onto the wall is blasted away. The general is just barely holding in by stabbing his sword into the ground. Though judging by how it bent, it is probably not usable anymore. The king and princess are lucky that they managed to hide behind the throne which is the only thing in this room that is actually built into the ground. 

Luckily the throne isn't made of gold but just stone carvings. Though someone will have to carve it back again.

With everything settled, I walk towards the general to patch him up. Better have him ready for combat in case there are still any other demons. The king is in serious condition and the blast would have surely made it worse, but it is better that there is someone who can defend us in case there are more enemies than getting ambushed.

" Go heal his majesty please..." the general begged. But I denied this.

" If I were to get attacked when I am healing him, then we are all doomed, so heal up a bit until you can protect me and your king. While the one who attacked you is dead, there isn't a guarantee that he does not have friends or allies." I said as I cast regeneration on him. With this, his body will pump out more cells to heal him, hopefully enough to make him able to defend us against most stuff. Then I head towards the majesty, which is in a very bad situation, half of his body is already covered in blood. From the upper waist until his entire lower body. This means the wound is probably at the waist... urgh good thing I don't need to look at the wound to heal it... 

" Step aside princess," I told her as she is directly blocking me. Being overprotective is good but you should have known that I am on your side no? So don't you think you should move aside girl?

" Who do you think you are? Ordering me? I am the prin-"
" Yes yes, a princess who is currently blocking the only person that can save her father from his ultimate demise." I retorted before forcefully lifting the princess and putting her at the side. So for the king, the first thing first is basic regeneration. The extra blood will definitely help stabilize the king. The next step is rejuvenation, making sure that his cells are not going to die, and reducing the strain on his mana reserves, which are also getting very low, so I transferred some of mine to him. All of this is done while the general is looking at me intensely. Well I guess that is normal, chantless magic is ultra rare in this world, and I can do it thanks to that jerk of a god... urgh even calling him a god disgusts me.

Once the king's breathing starts to stabilize, it is time I move to the next problem. The fel demon... seem to have a fun time playing with the king. Not only does he have a lot of wounds, even though most are not that deep and is easy to patch, but the problem is also that the bastard has literally ruined the king's left leg. Not only the bones are half pulverized, and his foot is literally snapped in the wrong direction... I mean, with enough mana and a bit of assistance from technology is possible to heal back his late, but to be honest, I felt that it will be easier to just cut it off and regrew it. 

" Hey general... normally what do you do when your soldier's arm or leg is out of service?" I asked the commander, he think for a while, seemingly understanding what am I implying. 

" Amputation. Having no leg is better than having one that they can't control or use. But in this case... how bad is it?" the commander asks.

" Bones are broken, blood vessels clogged or popped, the feet itself is literally 251 degrees off and cant be snapped back as the bones and blood vessels are gone too. Other than that some part of the flesh is already showing signs of getting infected with diseases already." I replied. I also wanted to ask why did it reach this stage but I will not do that for now.

" What do you mean amputation? Aren't you going to heal my father? Why are you cutting off his legs? I want a better healer! You are a fake!" the princess ranted. Urgh, even if this king has managed his kingdom properly... his family education is super bad. At the very least the education of this daughter of his. I don't know if he got other children since I don't see them here, and there is no image reference for it. Paelisher didn't tell me that too. I looked at the general and he just gave me an awkward smile...

Haiz...

" Originally I did not even want to come here and save this kingdom, but thanks to a certain dwarf, I did. I used my precious time to save the residents and soldiers in your kingdoms. If I were not here, the humans would have broken through your defense, killing thousands and then charging into his palace and then killing both of you. If you want your father to die then sure I could not do the operation, Good luck finding someone capable enough of restoring lost limbs. I did my part and if you feel that I am inadequate for this, then I will just leave and never come back. Ever." I told her as I flap my wings, telling her that I can walk the walk... or is it fly the fly in this case.

" You! If you didn't help those peasants then my father wouldn't be like this in the first place! It is your fault that my father is injured!" the princess whines even more. I look at the general for some help, and he gladly took notice of it, and walked to the princess and restrained her. I love a general who is willing to risk a little for the bigger good. Looking at the king, he also gave me a weak nod, also love a king who is able to endure pain for so long, which makes my job even harder.

" General, after this, bring me your best mage, because the process of regrowing limb is very long, and I can't be here for a year, it is best that I teach one of your mages to regrow your king's limb," I said to the general as I froze the king's legs at the joint before removing the infected part, leaving the good part still in and cauterized it.

" Go get them now, I can't do it now as if I did, I will have to wait for another month to do it again to prevent incorrect growth," I said to the general in which he nodded, released the princes, and headed out. At the same time, I took out a thick bedroll and placed it behind the king to let him lie down more comfortably. After doing that, I used my magic to cool down the area and to clean the area. Even though the stump is covered in my ice, I still don't want any dust to get into it after I defrost it. The princess on the other hand is just standing there looking at me helping her dad to feel better.

"Don't worry, your father's leg will be a bag in a year. I have a friend that has this problem too, but due to her condition being worse than this, I have to use several years to heal her leg, but this should be done in a year. Now, talk to him to make sure that he is awake while I prepare some stuff for your mage." I told the princess who is still in a daze before going on to prepare some items. Not for me but their mage. I can perform this spell because I have a huge mana capacity. But people native to this world have a higher mana conductivity but lesser mana capacity, so it is important that I utilize that.

I took out something that I accidentally create when testing about anti-mana. Currently it have no name but I decided to just call it manathium. Simply said, it is lithium that is exposed to a lot of mana for a long time. I tried this with a lot of other normal earth metals and found out that quite a lot of earth metals have its own mana version, lead, copper, iron, tin, aluminum, cobalt just to name a few. Not to mention its properties works the same just as the earth variants except rather than electricity, its mana now.

And this is how I prepared a true mana battery for the demons. Not something that uses crystals that needs some overhunting of some unknown species, but known metals! Petrasha will be proud of me!

...

Or not... I know that they are being mind controlled but it is hard to leave behind the feeling of betrayal...

" I brought the mage, er... how should I call you?" the general came back with a mage that looks like at the age of 30. But doesnt matter... I dont want to stay here for too long... its getting depressing...

" Alright, come here, remember this word by word and step by step." I told the mage before teaching him the spell to regrow limbs.

Astrea: How did we not know of this?
Ars: I did, youre the only one who dont.
Astrea: EHHHH?
Ars: Anyways... CONTINUE WORKING!

And this concludes the demon continent arc... (totally not me haphazardly calling it that... Oh but remember, theres still another chapter with an alt pov! Probably posting that an hour after this one~

 

 

 

15