Chapter 113 Continent Wide Tour
307 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1st Welkalach of Jariel 1238

Belgrynd's POV

Finally, after what feels like months, I am almost done with clearing the pests on this continent... Even though I knew that Petrasha and the others were all recovered, I still didn't want to go back that early... even though I knew that they were all recovered from the bastard and would welcome me back with open arms again. I just don't want to, I want to make them feel how I felt at that moment! Call me petty but I don't care! I am emotionally hurt by this and I demand reparations in the form of them enduring this!

Even though I am also hurting myself by not going back... at least I have distractions here in the form of those pesky pests! Though they are also coming to an end, after all, there are only 5 nests left and it is on the path of me going back to the port. Which I will probably stay there a few days to help Cyber with whatever experiment he wants to do then head home. 

During these random times, I keep thinking, when will I have a more normal life, a life where I can be with the gang and we play together? Though I suppose it is impossible now, we all have our own stuff to do now, Petrasha running the kingdom, Lucy running the guild, and Christine with her idol career. I am not sure what is May going to do but she seems to be quite secretive about it. Amy might even become a general in the army, while I am here... what can I even be. I don't have any connections with anyone, maybe except Cyber but he is an outlier as our relationships are for benefit only...

I guess I have some time to think about what I want to do in the future huh? I guess it isn't bad, at least it helps to distract me from questioning life. Even though I always do that no matter what. Looking back, the pattern of these pests setting up nests here is quite different from back in Zarcara. Back there, they would only choose places on land with caves. Here, they are mostly at most 2 kilometers from the coast. That kinda makes it hard for me to track them all down without getting noticed. After all, a lot of the cities in this continent are also on the coast, except the ones next to mountains due to the mines.

Well, I guess wandering around isn't a bad plan for now either. I have been to this world and I have been busy since then, maybe a good long vacation is what I needed... you know what, that is what I will do once I finish this place, I will go explore the continents for a month or two to let out some steam.

I mean I know some people use shooting as a way to relieve stress but for me, I just can't. Not when all I am shooting are bugs that wanted to kill me.

Anyways, I guess it is time to go back to where I started on this continent, the port town where Cyber lived. I will go there, then fulfill his need for experimenting. After all, that's what I can do to him for making him suffer so much from that first fight. I wonder if he resents me for doing that though...

Doesn't matter, I will just finish the rest of these, head to his place then call it a day... or months here.


" Nah, you don't have to," Cyber denied my offer of letting him finish his research.

Wait... why?

" Cause I realized, that everything is kinda futile. I mean, no offense, but are you even from this world? Everything you did is so otherworldly that I have zero clue on where to start even. From your race to the way you use magic, to the way your magic even works. The moment I tried to use my knowledge to understand it, the more I felt lost at what to do. So truth to be told, even if you said I could literally control you to attempt to reproduce everything there. I don't think I could understand anything." Cyber said as he sighs. 

" That is why, I think our contract can end early. As of right now I think, it will only be a waste of time for both of us. Don't worry, it's not your fault, if anything, this proves that there is still much for me to learn!" Cyber said as he lets out another sigh as he slumps onto the chair he is sitting on.

" But..." 

" Nah, I am not mad at what you did there. In fact, you made me realize that there is still much more for me to learn! So don't blame yourself alright?" he said to me. I... don't know what to say except to just nod. 

But still... to be said that I am not from this world if normally I think anyone would be pretty happy, but somehow I can't... I know Cyber doesn't mean anything bad but I just feel like... I shouldn't even be here... that I don't belong here. 

With that, we sort of just eat together with the kids and then separated, leaving me with a heavy heart.

After leaving the city, I went to a tree to prepare for the night. Don't ask why don't I go find an inn to sleep. I don't feel like it.

" Astrea, I wonder... do I really belong here?" I said while looking at the two moons. I know that I won't get any replies but I just want to say it out anyways.

Deciding that nothing will change, I decided to just sleep on top of the tree. Except that there is a huge explosion that woke me up. Looking around, I saw that the town that Cyber was in, is now engulfed in flames. As if a huge meteorite hit it. Even from where I am which is a good distance from it, I can clearly see that most of it is already engulfed in flames.

Without wasting any moment, I rushed towards the city, only to be welcomed by a dozen or more of those fel demons. Each one of them is covered in blood already, without a doubt, that blood is the blood of the citizens here. Though I don't know whose blood are those, all I know is that I can't let these bastards keep killing people!

Without hesitation, I brought out my guns and start blasting them. Luckily even though these fel demons are stronger than humans, they both still have the same weakness which is their necks. With a shot to their neck and another to their skull, the fel demons are quickly defeated. 

This is worrying, previously there are only one or two fel demons in an area, but now there are so many, is there an invasion?

Heading towards the orphanage Cyber is in, I defeated all of the fel on the way, though the problem is... there are absolutely no survivors, everywhere there are corpses of demons, vampires, dark elves, and occasionally gnomes too. Most of them were killed without them even knowing what happened. I guess that is the only good part of this, that they left without too much agony.

Within minutes, the orphanage is within my view... what's left of it anyways. The building is already half gone with the roof and half of it entirely gone, clearly destroyed by some sort of explosion. The remnants of the orphanage are still burning too. Trying to sense for any of the kid's souls gives me nothing, the building is already devoid of any soul, everyone... is either not inside or dead. I don't want to assume, but the chance of them being dead... is quite high...

Despite knowing that I still rushed in to check in on them, which thankfully, gave me the confirmation. Everyone, from the old man to the little kids, is all dead. But from their face I knew, that everything happened so fast, that they didn't even have the time to react, which is why their face is not that of shock, but a tranquil smile. Clearly, them remembering the happy times they are having.

Searching around for souls gave me something frightening. Everywhere inside the city, no, across the continents, the number of souls having Astrea's symbol is decreasing fast, instead, there are more and more souls that contain the symbol of the purple hexagram. 

The exact same as my own soul.

Right now, the words that Cyber said before came back ringing...

" As if you are not from this world."

Maybe... I am not...

But at the very least, I won't let them take this world!

Being more determined I did the same thing as before, except my target this time is not those human pests, it's a fel demon infestation.

 

Sorry for the long no update... I just lost my job and had to handle some aftermath...

Well... I don't want to come off as pretentious but I now have a Patreon, you can follow it for new updates for chapters! No need to pledge! Only do so if you really feel like supporting me.

But now that I have more time I can write more!

Also as you can see, I am rushing to axe this version of the novel for version 2.0. But due to a suggestion from a friend of mine, the 2.0 is going to be a sort of "sequel" of this version.

https://patreon.com/Benokelvin

15