Chapter 116 I am not the last this time
397 9 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

1st Felerach of Jariel 1238

3rd person POV

" Get ready to attack now, our sleepers have been eliminated." a tall fel demon said.

" Finally I am bored staying here! I wonder if I can keep some pets like last time!" a short stout demon said. 

" I don't know, but I do hope that dwarf blood is tasty, the dwarf blood last time tastes like metal. How bout you? Want to eat something before going out?" a tall demon said.

While the one he reached out to did not reply, his eyes showed bloodlust that could rival any other demon in the same room. Within seconds, he has finished casting a spell that has summoned dozens of hundreds of zombified beings, elves, dwarfs even demons. The others seeing him so eager also did the same. Within less than five minutes, the area around the room has been surrounded by thousands and thousands of zombies, all under control by only less than a dozen.

" Attack!" the tall fel demon yelled as the zombies start moving to a mountain, which is the capital of a mountain kingdom of dwarves. The last surviving bastion on this continent.


" Did you hear that?" a dwarf guard said to his elven companion.

" Not really... if there is something I should have heard earlier than you, you know?" the elven guard replied. The dwarven guard heard this and put his head on the ground to see if he is hallucinating. 

" Shit... sound the alarms! We have incoming! From what I heard it must be at least ten thousand marching towards here!" the dwarf said to the elf, which made him quickly ring the alarm, all of the guards immediately rush to arm themselves and head towards the entrance. Meanwhile, a certain messenger went ahead to alert Petrasha and the group.

" What is the situation guard!" a huge dwarf donned in full armor went to the 2 guards and asked them to report what they have found. After hearing what they heard, he immediately sent some scouts to check what is going on, luckily, or unluckily for the guards, the scouts returned fast, too fast. This means that the enemy is closing in fast, or they are close enough to begin with.

" Sir, the estimated time of contact is within an hour, there are approximately fifteen thousand enemies, most of them consisting of zombies. Some flying demons are also spotted but we are unable to determine their numbers due to them being extremely spread out." the scout reported which made the huge dwarf frown.

" This is bad, archers, snipers to the towers, knights and swordsmen to the gate! We have to hold until Lady Petrasha and her group arrive! Archers prioritize airborne units while snipers attempt to hunt down the summoners! The rest, make sure to prevent the horde from reaching the archers and snipers!" the dwarf issued the commands and then heads down to the frontlines himself.

The frontlines are now clad in a tense mood, everyone is anxious about what will happen, whether will they survive this fight and lastly, what will happen if they fail. Even though nobody hopes that the situation will happen, they knew that that is exactly what is going to happen if support does not arrive shortly.


" Get everyone ready! Recall anyone that is currently resting!" Ganmol yelled to his subordinates.

" Paelisher, you hold the fort here, I will be going with the other council members. Maybe tell Srash or Petrasha to stay behind. We can't all go to the front!" Ganmol said to Paelisher through the manacoms, in which Paelisher said something to someone but is inaudible to Ganmol.

" Do not die, pal, I still want a sparring partner," Paelisher said to Ganmol before the connection in the manacom cuts off.

" You do know that you have an even better sparring partner now huh? Why spar with an old man when you can spar with a young dragon? Doesn't matter, I won't be dying o fast anyway. I still want to see Petrasha getting married and having grandkids!"Ganmol mentally boosts himself before heading to the frontline along with hundreds more soldiers.


" Bel! Wait for us!" Petrasha shouted as she attempts to chase up to the draconian. But stats-wise aside, the draconian is now even running, she is just flying, which no matter what, is not what anyone would be able to chase up with two legs.

" Get the rest of the gang, I will go out and hold them away first. Once you guys are ready, come and support me."Belgrynd said before flapping her wings and immediately got a huge speed boost, leaving Petrasha behind.

" Damn it..."Petrasha cursed inside, seeing that she was unable to catch up with Belgrynd, She decided to do the next best thing, to gather the rest of the group and head out to support Belgrynd.

" May! Help me get Christine, she should be near..." Petrasha found May first and decided to ask her to help gather the rest, with May's dexterity it should be easier.

" She is probably at the front already. Amy is gathering the soldiers so we should just head to the front. I know that Bel is strong but we are fighting tons of enemies." May said as she prepared her guns and moved towards the frontline. Damn, what is going on with everyone just heading off on their own! Urgh!

Once we are out of the tunnels we are joined with Amy and Christine. Christine is standing on top of the guard tower sniping away the enemies while Amy is commanding the army. Upon seeing both of us she told us to assist Bel quickly. The flanks are covered by the army but Bel has insisted that she will handle the front alone.

" I will join you guys once all of the remaining platoons arrive. Also, make sure to not get hit by the warlock's magic. Some of us that got hit are immediately incapacitated and we don't know how to cure it!" Amy warned us before redirecting another squad to their positions.

" Well, let's join in then, though, May, are you sure you can fight hordes like this? I thought you were more used to covert actions." I asked May as she took out her two daggers.

" Huh? I had the best teacher you know? Now less talking more helping." May said as she rushed towards Bel, slashing whatever fel that was blocking her way. Not wanting to lag behind, I took out my hammer and started smashing.

" Oi Bel! We can't fight here forever, where is the one controlling the horde?" I asked Bel once we reached her, she is pretty focused on killing but...

Why are there black lines on her arm? I am sure May saw this too as I saw her looking at her arm but quickly turned away to focus on the fight.

" Currently near here are at least 30 controllers, 20 of them have mixed with the melee while 10 of them supporting from behind. I have been signalling Christine to shoot the commander but the warlocks keep blocking her attacks. Petrasha, help me hold these melee fel down, May, find ways to eliminate some of the warlocks, Me and Petry will provide as much distraction as possible." Bel said as she cast another spell to absorb the warlock's attack, the lines in her arm growing even more... this can't be corruption right?

" Petrasha! The fel with three horns on your left! Smash it fast!" Bel said quickly and I followed, killing the fel demon in one shot with my ammo, and with that, a portion of the demon stopped moving and disintegrated meaning that it was another controller.

" May! Skip that warlock to the next one! That is another one!" Belgrynd issued commands and commands, telling us which to fight and which to not fight while defending us both from any of the warlock attacks. But as the fight goes on, it is obvious to any of us, that the black lines are slowly spreading over her own body, when I first joined the battle, it seemed to be only at her arms, now, her legs, her face, and even her tail is covered with a lot of black lines. Honestly, it looks a bit scary to look at Bel now...

When I was distracted, I finally realized that there was a huge bolt of dark mana flying towards me, I could not dodge it due to me distracted by Bel, and when I was ready to take it head-on, I saw Bel rushing forward to directly take the hit for me. She groaned a bit but still continued to fight more and more, somehow her ability to detect the fel getting more and more better. Is it because she is starting to have a connection with them, I don't know, but... if it isn't because of her, we would all be dead.

That is when she just suddenly stops, and with her, most of the fel also stop moving.

" Ahahaha... so there is an easier way after all... ᚠᛟᛟᛚᛁᛋᚺ ᛗᛁᚾᛁᛟᚾᛋ ᛟᚠ ᛏᚺᛖ ᛟᛚᛞ, ᚲᛖᚨᛋᛖ ᛃᛟᚢᚱ ᛋᛏᚱᚢᚷᚷᛚᛖ ᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᛖᚱᚹᛖ ᛃᛟᚢᚱ ᚾᛖᚹ ᚲᚢᛖᛖᚾ." Belgrynd chanted... no, she said to every demon in the vicinity, and even those hiding all came out and kneeled in front of her. That is when she turns towards us, it is clear, that the corruption already reached deep, even her sclera isn't white like before anymore, its dark as the void. Her smile unlike before now feels sinister.

" Well it seems the fight ended before more of them could be killed huh, now, what shall we do Petrasha," Bel said towards me, I do not know why is she asking me but...

Somehow I feel like I don't want to answer that...

" Not going to answer huh, fine by me, then I will do it my way." Belgrynd opened a portal towards somewhere that I don't know where it is but it looks desolate, even seeing it you can feel death oozing from the land.

" ᚱᛖᛏᚢᚱᚾ ᛒᚨᚲᚲ ᛏᛟ ᛃᛟᚢᚱ ᚹᛟᚱᛚᛞ, ᛁ ᚹᛁᛚᛚ ᚠᛟᛚᛚᛟᚹ ᛟᚾᚲᛖ ᛁ ᛋᛟᛚᚹᛖ ᛖᚹᛖᚱᛃᛏᚺᛁᚾᚷ ᚺᛖᚱᛖ, ᛏᚺᛖᚾ ᚹᛖ ᚲᚨᚾ ᛈᚱᛟᚲᛖᛖᛞ ᚹᛁᛏᚺ ᛗᛃ ᛈᛚᚨᚾ ᚠᛟᚱ ᛃᛟᚢ ᚨᛚᛚ," Belgrynd said and all of the fel all move towards the portal enters it. Entirely ignoring us despite fighting against us just a while ago. Soon enough, all the still surviving fel retreated, leaving a baffled army and us together.

" So... what happened to you Bel? Those dark lines... doesn't look normal..." Christine said. All of us nodded to the question.

" You see, remember when I said I absorbed the power of the god before? Well, it seems absorbing their attacks triggers something innate within the god's power that I absorbed, so, utilizing it, I realized that I can just control those peons into my bidding! Ahahahahh!" Bel explained as she suddenly just laughed maniacly.

" Oh don't worry, by the way, I am not interested in getting this world. I am sure there are other worlds that are more suitable for me to get~ So bye~" Bel said as she turned and prepared to leave.

" Wait... how about us? You will just leave us?" May asked.

" Huh, why should I stay, it is not like you all are babies that need to be spoon-feeded. Plus, this type of stuff looks fun! Ruling entire worlds, having people fear about you!" Belgrynd said again. Making all of us conflicted... but we don't want you to leave Bel...

" Hmm, now that I think about it... I think I should get Terra too hahaha! Imagine those who looked down at me having to grovel beneath my feet haha!" Belgryngd continues as she leaves us behind, but before we can say anything. She turned around and pointed her blades at us.

" Shut up before I kill you all. Nothing you say will change my mind now." Seeing her like this made us unsure of what we should even say... but... before the portal closed, I saw something. Tears. Bel is crying. 

We just... let her leave... like that... her portal closes and everything goes quiet. The army seeing this retreated first, just leaving the gang behind staring at the ground...

" So... what do we do..." Christine asked.

" Beats me... I thought we would come as 6 and go back as 6..." May replied.

" I mean... we are still 6 it's just..." Amy said but was not willing to finish her sentences.

" But one of us has left the group." Lucy continued.

" You know, despite her putting up a nonchalant face, I know that she is hurting inside," I said which shocked them all.

" What do you mean hurting, she looks so happy being able to play god!" May said.

" ... she is holding back the corruption huh? She knew she would soon be unable to control it hence she wanted to make a brave face and leave before the corruption took over and she hurt us." Christine said and I nodded.

" Though, the Belgrynd we know is also probably gone by now... since there is nothing holding her back now," I said to which May and Christine both nodded.

" I guess... we can only hope that she will be well in the future... if our paths ever cross," I said and everyone nodded.

Even though we won the battle... why does it feel like we lost the war...

Astrea: Oi why do you have to steal my champion!
Ars: When did you ever designate her as a champion...
Astrea: Er... soon...

And here is the end of this version of the novel! I have prepared a short story of how things ended at Bel's side in the other world, right now the new rewrite is going well! Except... the artist to which I commissioned Petrasha's artwork has been ghosting me... and I want to commission a new novel cover with all of them... so... either the artist stops ghosting me or I find another artist I guess...

Thanks for you all for coming together through the journey! The new novel will be out before my birthday as my gift to yall~~~ Hopefully by then I will be able to finish the prologue and chapter 0~~~

SEE YOU OTSUBENO!

Spoiler

Corrupted Bel

[collapse]

10