Family Fight
2.7k 2 81
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 34

 

POV Smoothie

 

Brother Katakuri and I were trying to pressure Syrup while brother Daifuku was recovering from yet another busted genie and as for brother Cracker…who knows how far he was flung.

 

Me: Banana Frappe Smoothie!!

 

A highly concentrated beam of sugary energy shot out towards Syrup who did a backflip to avoid it as the beam went through the arch of her back.

 

Two massive blades clashed against each other in a mastery of Swordsmanship and Spearmanship(?). Both a master in their own arts, the two weapons clashed over and over as the ground around them got ripped apart.

 

I could see Syrup jumping around and swinging the massive blade, easily twice her size, as if it weighed nothing…though when brother Katakuri’s foot was buried into the ground whenever he blocked her swings from above…I could easily tell that blade was worth it’s weight, if not more.

 

The energy and haki they had put into their weapons were producing sickle winds that began to slice apart the mirror walls as parts that were not hit or blocked made crashed onto the outside.

 

Syrup: Brother, you know I’m better than you at Weapon Mastery. You’re a brawler, not a Weapon Master.

 

Katakuri: Then perhaps we just need to set it back to our fists.

 

With a mighty clash, brother Katakuri’s Mole caught the massive butcher blade between two of its points before holding it down as he raised his other arm covered in edge Mochi.

 

Syrup: *gasp* You wouldn’t dare! I had to personally ask the blacksmith to forge that!

 

Katakuri: You can make it again once you’re thinking straight again. *CRASHHH!* *shatter* *shatter*

 

The force of his punch shattered the butcher blade but also his Trident as the force was passed on. Both of them letting go of their now-useless-weapons, they reverted back to their brawler’s (hand to hand combat) positions.

 

Seeing as now there was little risk in getting hacked to pieces when standing near her, I deemed that it was time to join the fight again.

 

Me: Get her!

 

Katakuri: Edge Mochi

 

Syrup: Edge Snow

 

Two highly condensed fists collided with each other as the shockwave ripped away at the material holding together the mirror realm.

 

Syrup: Yield brother. You can’t hold me here

 

Katakuri: I’ve got a duty to hold together this family. No matter what it takes!

 

I put down my blade to the side as I held it in a close combat stance before rushing in to help brother. If Syrup was just going to dodge everything, I wouldn’t want to waste my energy on continuing to blast her.

 

Me: It’s a 2v1 Close combat!

 

Daifuku: *groan* Make it 3v1!

 

Brother Daifuku carefully shuffled up onto his feet before summoning, yet again, another genie which rushed to our aid.

 

Syrup’s back exploded into dozens of tendrils and limbs which flung at brother Daifuku’s genie and myself while her original form fought against brother Katakuri.

 

Katakuri: You’re outnumbered and outgunned!

 

*crack!*

 

For the first time, brother managed to get a clean hit across Syrup’s jaw as she was sent flying before tumbling across. I stood by to check if this was not a faux while my brothers rushed in, not willing to let their attack go.

 

Katakuri: Give up now!

 

By now, my two brothers were pounding on Syrup’s weakening defenses as the ice began to shatter around her and her snow limbs teared apart one my one by the genie’s halberd.

 

Syrup: Modified Systema CP-0

 

What?

 

All together, her movements changed completely as limbs retracted into shorter, denser, and faster blades instead.

 

The close-quarter hand to hand combat with brother Katakuri was once again balanced the the new set of movements set us him off balance.

 

*kick* *stagger*

 

My brother stumbled a couple steps back from an unsuspecting straight kick which came straight out of her torso (logia properties) before lifting his hands up once again.

 

Syrup: Systema. The most efficient form of martial arts. Maybe not the most powerful but in a close combat situation like this, there are only a few better choices I can think of…and I don’t know them as well anyway.

 

The fight between the two began again in a flurry of mochi and snow limbs so fast that it left no room for me to intervene.

 

Me: *sigh* Do I really have to just wait it out?

 

Unable to think of something else, I began charging my fruit so I could use it later should something happen and brother loses against her.

 

Katakuri: I’ve understood your moves now Syrup

 

A low kick (for Katakuri) struck Syrup in the torso with only a hastily made haki armament against it…still, she somehow managed to endure as she struck back, striking brother in the jaw with an extended snow limb.

 

Me: This fight is getting dirty…

 

Syrup: You think so brother? Then I’ll simply have to switch it up again!

 

She said as she ducked under a edge mochi swing; however, this time her dodge wasn’t a side or a lean but rather…smooth? It seemed more like a dance than a proper fight.

 

Suddenly, Syrup went wild as she began flipping and backflipping, tumbling, and then…

 

*smack!!*

 

Using the crazy amount of momentum she kicked brother Katakuri…once again on the same part of the jaw. Just when brother was about to catch her…

 

*flip* *flip*

 

She gymnastic-ed away before flipping right in. Ready this time, brother prepared for her to launch another front kick but…

 

*turn*

 

Katakuri: ??!

 

From her back turned state, her right leg extended in a curve before hitting the same jaw. Man…brother’s been kicked in the same place three times now.

 

Me: What even is that…?!

 

It looked ridiculous for a fight as it looked like it should be part of a festival or a dance than a fight.

 

Syrup: Modified Capoeira. The original simply didn’t have the necessary power behind the kicks and the fluidity of the footworks to avoid attacks in a real fight. So I came up with a flip-kick & retreat method. As long as you’re fast and light on your toes…it’s an effective style against tanks like you brother.

 

Katakuri: …what crazy and diverse attacks you’ve picked up over your years little sister.

 

Syrup: Many…possibly even too many to properly utilize them all.

 

Katakuri: …something’s wrong and I knew exactly what it is. You’re not using much of your D evil Fruit ability. Tell me, what are you hiding? What are you planing? If this was a fight against anyone else, you would have already brought down meteors and put ice spikes in the ground.

 

Syrup: … as expected of my brother to see me through like that.

 

Katakuri: You are absolutely no joke even without using your powers but I know from experience that you rely heavily on your Devil fruit against strong opponents. And I know that you would not take me on lightly.

 

Syrup: I’m just saving my stamina for when I need it.

 

From far away, a battle cry resounded as a sound of a marching army approached. An army of hundreds.

 

*stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp* *stomp*

 

Syrup: … please don’t tell me that’s what I think it is.

 

Cracker: SYRUPPPP!!!

 

Syrup: Because if it is…

 

Cracker: BUSCUIT ARMY, ALL LEGIONS!!!

 

Syrup: I might need to use my trump card now

 

Cracker: CCCHHHAARRRGEEE!!!

 

POV Syrup

 

I had a couple more trick up my sleeves but they were life-or-death moves. Emergency moves per-say. Ones that would leave me dry and exhausted once I use them.

 

I looked up at the ceiling of the Mirror realm. Shame…if it was only twice as high then I might have been able to utilize the Ice Meteorite a bit efficiency…at least against the approaching Biscuit Army. Unfortunately, dropping Ice at only this height would drain a lot out of me instead of actually doing damage.

 

Cracker: SCATTER! DON’T GROUP TOGETHER AND GIVE HER A TARGET!!!

 

It looks like brother learned his lesson from last time. Now then, how to counter his army then?

 

To be honest, wasn’t it unfair that broker Cracker gets sentient and powerful Biscuits which could go on and attack the enemies on their own? …well…I mimicked him long ago and I’ve reached a sort of semi-success of recreating it with snow.

 

I put my hand on the ground summoning a literal mountain of snow before shaping a small part of it into my will.

 

Me: Form, Yeti

 

A giant snow monster emerged from the gigantic pile. A snow head and torso but scaled with hardened and crystalized Ice. In his left arm was a Roman Ice shield that looked (very) out of place…but it would be effective! And his right arm was covered entirely in black ice spikes.

 

Yeti: ROOOOOAARRRR!

 

Brother Cracker looked in shock at the monster I had created as it roared in challenge and in defiance. Still, he looked at his numerical advantage by the hundreds before he relaxed once again.

 

I grinned as I slammed my hand down once again into the snow mountain muttering one of my greatest plays yet.

 

Me: 人海战术 (The Tactic of the Sea of Man)

 

Hundreds of giant monster heads formed on the Mountain before tumbling out all at once. Rolling over, crashing, before orienting themselves and standing at attention.

 

Me: LEGION!

 

The hundred yeti clashed their shields onto the ground in attention.

 

Me: ENGAGE THE BISCUIT SOLDIERS!

 

With that, I smirked at my fuming brother Cracker as he witnessed his precious soldiers lock into combat with my yetis. They seemed to be almost evenly matched as one couldn’t get a hand above the other.

 

Katakuri: Enough games. We end this now…all together!

 

The four of the all pooled together as I felt a massive amount of energy gather around them.

 

Instantly, they soru-ed around me leaving me surrounded. Well, I could technically teleport out of the encirclement but if I wanted to end it here, then it would be better to let them.

 

Katakuri: You want to end it as well right Syrup? I know that’s why you haven’t gotten out of the encirclement yet!

 

That’s right. Once they try everything against me, I would be free to attack them as they laid exhausted and out of energy.

 

Smoothie: We’ll give you what you want! This is a gamble for us too!

 

Brother Katakuri’s mochi crashed above as the ceiling came pouring down in a near perfect sphere, creating a makeshift barrier. What for?

 

Looking into my future sight, the possibilities were endless. I quickly shut if off before I got dizzy. Once I got my eyes to focus again, I found myself completely trapped by the remaining Biscuit soldiers (ones that weren’t fighting the yetis) holding together the barrier and reinforcing it.

 

What for?

 

I changed my eyes to search for energy in observation but everything turned foggy and I realized someone had been spraying energy and Devil fruit powers everywhere.

 

Me: Brother Daifuku…*growl*

 

A sudden glow in observation grabbed my attention as I found Sis Smoothie’s signature growing more and more in power. More powerful than I’ve ever thought she could before…almost rivaling my King Punch.

 

How could this be?

 

Just as my attention was grabbed, my feet felt heavier as I looked down.

 

Mochi. Since when?!!

 

From underneath the tiny cracks of the barrier, mochi was leaking through like water before solidifying as it chained me to the ground.

 

I could get myself out in no time but the problem is…

 

Smoothie: FULL EXTRACT: ULTRA SMOOTHIE BEAM!!!!

 

That

81