Hey guys, im back + changes. (I will delete this and move it up to chapter 20 when im done with the changes.)
386 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey guys, as you can see, I'm back. After I finished my test, I had to finish a lot of homework so to get some breather. Now I can start writing again.

After some time off from the novel, I had some time to think and decided to make some changes and amends in the novel.

First, about kill purity. Using advanced weapons such as guns and bombs or killing imprisoned and powerless opponents gives much fewer points than killing free creatures using weapons that require your own strength to use. However, this rule does not apply to system-unaffiliated creatures. That is to say, creatures on earth (currently) or creatures from the dark of space (Such as eldritch). Just contributing the killing blow or part of the killing blow is enough to get all the points as long as it is uncontested by other system users.

Next, about Evolution and mutation. Originally, I planned on making the evolution of creatures such that evolving the race is optional, but the class is a must. However, after some consideration, I realized that it isn't very logical. On the other hand, gaining a class such as a warrior or a mage seems more like a mutation of the race. Also, if I make classes into mutations, that could allow me to better integrate the system to monsters as well. This can help better the system as a whole and thus making it far more logical in my opinion.

This change will also mean that I will need to power down the classes a bit and that being born into a level and class makes you a more promising child, along with good unique skills or being innately born with stronger racial skills.

Now, on to racial skills. At first, I wanted to make it so that a single racial skill is given at random upon leveling up. However, after some thinking, I want to make things a bit more interesting. Like previously, when gaining a class, you will gain a racial skill. However, does it need to limit you to just a single skill? I was thinking, why can't people purchase skills from the skill shop? They will be expensive, to the point where that in the short run, it would be better to just evolve rather than to buy them.

Also, some of the skills will be static, like Infernal Creature. Some skills will just have a level and will not be upgradable. Some skills will just have a grade and won't have a level, such as the familiar's contract. Lastly, there would be skills that are upgradeable and able to level up. For example, a skill such as LVL 1 regeneration I, can LVL up for a stronger regeneration and have an increased grade for a stronger and wider scope of regeneration. In this example, regeneration won't restore limbs or organs, and will just speed up the process of regenerating, and it will leave scars. However, if you get, say, regeneration V, it would also start covering limb regeneration, albeit, slowly, and will depend on the LVL of the skill for the regeneration rate.

The LVL of the skill will still be dependent on the LVL of the user and won't be able to surpass it.

In conclusion, I will need to change the side chapter I made to fit my changes, as well as the chapters in Saturnpedia.

Now, for the last thing, I am kicking out my editor. Reason: He sucks. He literally defiled my chapters to an almost irreparable mess. I now need to go and re-edit my chapters so that people won't just look at the first chap and think my novel sucks and then give a rating of 1 after just painfully reading my first few chaps.

Also, I am removing the item shop. I think it is too game-breaking. 

Thanks for your understanding.

11