Chapter 1. Crashing Head First Into The Center Of The Earth
1.2k 19 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am, Touhomo Makura.

An average highschool girl.

I often get up late, but still manage to catch up with my friends.

But I have a secret I can't tell anyone. An oath, a pledge. For the protection of this city, I have to fight. Fight against evil, as Magical Girl Flare.

Every night, me and my partner, Nanoja, go head to head against the crooked Dr. Crime, who wants to take over this world.

But for the safety of my family, I must keep my double life as a secret. 

Just as I was going to school, feeling happy that finally I am on time, I heard a scream.

"Oh! This bag! It is so heavy! My shoulder hurt! I think I'll stay home today."

Many other complaints were occurring around me. All students were forced to go back homes because their bags were too heavy. There can be only one culprit!

Dr. Crime!

"Muahahahaha! You finally found out my plans, Magical Girl Flare." Said Dr Crime, appearing in his UFO vehicle, laughing menacingly.

"With my device, I can increase the gravity of any object. Now that all school bags are heavy, students will no longer go to school and the society shall collapse! Hahahahahahahaha."

Oh, no. He wants to take over the world again. Time for my transformation.

Taking the love of residents, bringer of light,

I, who has taken the oath to protect them,

I command thee, forces of nature to bend to my words and become my slave,

Magical Girl Flare!

As my transformation was complete, my school uniform was replaced by a pink dress full of frills, and my magical wand appeared in my hand.

"Come on, Nanoja!"

"Pyun Pyun" said the small rabbit which appeared besides me.

"Not so fast, Magical Girl Flare. You, see. We are here to do something new today."

"New? What? Are you finally ready to give up your evil ways?"

"Muhahaha. Never. You see, I just had a new..lackey. And he gave me some tips that I want to try!"

"You will never succeed in your plan!" I say, while flying towards him, ready to smash him with my wand. I was so close to him, just a few feet away, when I saw him pressing a big red button.

Before feeling anything, I heard a crack. I felt it, vibrating all across through my body to reach my ears. The grinning face of Dr. Crime was just in front of me, yet I couldn't do anything. I couldn't move, my body was numb. Like a rag doll, I fell.

I felt the air and dust tearing my face, yet I couldn't do as much as to blink. My descent, that was only of probably 10 seconds, my only wish was that, may the city be protected.

Those were the last thoughts as I fell down a hole. It was dark, but earth. It was so dark, I didn't even knew whether my eyes were closed or not. 

They were closed apparently, for I could open them a moment later. Now there was light around me. Pure white, and in front of me, a small vortex. I was still in my Magical Girl state, so I could feel. This being, is made of energy. Far more than I could ever muster. Overwhelmed, I asked..

"Are you God?"

"Hm? That's...a good question. Yes, I am God~. Not your god, but a god. Like, one of the minor ones."

"Wi-will the city be protected?"

"Oh, yes. Magical Girl Pink Ninja will soon replace you. Your world is safe."

"So, I am dead. What happens now?"

"Oh, you aren't dead, per say. I mean, it wouldn't be called death. But, yes, there is a corpse of you lying there. Dr. Crime is mourning over your death."

"He is!?" I said, suprised. The ruthlessly evil man?

"Yes. You were the closest thing he had to a friend. Each day, after returning home, he would start to rehearse what he will say to you. You gave him a reason to live. He will forever regret listening to a particularly handsome, intelligent and quite well built assistant."

"Hm? He didn't mentioned that."

"Oh, I know that lackey well, actually. We are...uh...quite close."

"I see...It, it was my fault then. I could never see the loneliness lurking in him. Will I get a second chance?"

"Eahhhhh, no. But you will get a REINCARNATION! Isn't that great?"

"Re-reincarnation? So, I'll get born again?"

"Uhhh, not born. Wait, I used the wrong word. Its transmigration. Yes, you will be teleported to another world, my world!"

"Eh? Wait what?"

But there were no more dialogue, there was just a bright flash, and I found myself in a forest.

There was an unrealistic chirping of birds. I sun shone a weird shade of yellow. The leaves are greener than I remembered, and the bark is much more rougher, the grass makes a strange sound when I move. The numbness was gone. My spine was healed. 

"Hey!" Someone called. "Are you lost?"

"Yes", I replied as I turned back. I saw, an incredibly handsome man.

Calling him handsome was an understatement. I mean, Takeshi from my class was also handsome, but this man totally made my eyes into hearts. He had such fair smooth skin, blonde hair and a sharp jaw line. Oooooooowwwww, he was even taller than me, can such a perfect man even exist?

"Are you here for the exams?"

"Yes."

"Why did you went in the forest?"

"Yes."

"Huh. Are you even listening?"

"Yes."

"Why are you wearing such weird clothes?"

"Yes."

"Just come with me."

"Yes."

I just wanted to say yes. He was saying something something, oh, his voice is so beautiful! I just want to follow him. And hug that broad back.

"Well, this is where we part ways. I wish a good luck to you."

"Fuawww, you, toooooo." I said while holding myself back from swooning. This world is best. 

Now that I have come to my senses, I noticed I was no longer at the forest. I was now at a stadium, along with many others. 

All were staring at me for some reason.

Aaaaahhh. I was still in my transformation. Umumumu, it now feels embarrassing to wear a pink frilly dress. 

*cough cough*

Faked cough an old man. A terribly old man, like the kinds which are just bones and skin. The whole stadium got silent by that so he must be someone important, but I don't see why a person of authority will go shirtless like him. He was just covering his lower half. He announced 

"Welcome welcome. Yada yada yada. On top of your heads, you will see your coordinates." I looked up and saw some numbers floating on top of my head, in green colour. As I moved, they changed too. Currently, they were at 654' 462" 321"' N, 723' 582" 134"' W.

"Your target is that red balloon floating there, can everyone see it?" It is at a perpendicular distance of 100 megabudhum. The wind speed is 9.7 b/a coming from west, and take air friction to be 0.6. 

You have to hit that target with a minimum power of 34 duckload. You can ask for pen and paper for calculations. Any questions?"

No one replied, they just went to the booth distributing papers. All except me.

Isn't this totally maths?!!!. That too 3d geometry! And even the units are weird! Where is France when you need them? We studied that last year! You can't expect me to remember that! But no one shared my complaint. Everyone was busy now scribbling something or other.

Haaaahhhhhhhh. I am gonna fail. Mom is gonna chew my head off for this! But wait, I just have to shoot down that balloon right? The old guy didn't tell us to show our calculations.

Okay, then. With a flick of my wrist, I summoned my Magical Wand, spinning it in my fingers, drawing hearts. I could feel others staring at me, but I continued drawing more and more hearts, till I got a perfect big heart, which instantly filled with pink energy of love!

"Magical Girl Flare!" I screamed as the heart I drew glowed a bright red and shot a laser, creating a shockwave and knocking everyone in the stadium down.

Ha? Wait? This got way tooooooo powerful. There was a small crater where I was standing on, the dust was blown away and the clouds were split. The balloon itself was no where to be seen.

Around me I was hearing whispers. I couldn't comprehend them but I could clearly hear the words 'Maagical Girl.'

Uhhhhh, I am in trouble now, am I not?

25