3. The Demon Lords
2.8k 6 67
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Outside Lord Kedro's Office: Mio 12, 3728]

Contrary to what you may believe, Dragons in Adrios are of moral ambiguity. They are not inherently good or evil.

However, Dragons tend to dominate by nature. It's just something that's natural to them.

But all Dragons aren't 'evil'.

Despite Dragon Lord Kedro joining the Kilaqen Empire, only a portion of the Dragon Race decided to join him there.

The majority wished to stay neutral.

You see, Dragons are as complex and varied as Mortals are in their individuality. They could be cruel overlords, but could also be beneficent teachers. They could protect loyal mortals from the suffering of war, or be the ones to wage destruction.

But this same individuality is what caused a rift in the dragon race. Some felt that the death of the Pheorian Emperor was proof that the humans were unworthy of their protection.

However, other Dragons believed that things would change when the Sorcerer Of Light was finally born.

After all, it only takes one good day to change the world.

But as Mason and Thelsea arrived at Kedro's Office, she began knocking on his door.

"You guys seem pretty advanced despite being demons. What's the secret?" Mason asked.

"Isn't it obvious? Winning our battles," Thelsea said.

With the cooperation of Vampires, Succubi, Dark Elves, Orcs, Dragons, and others; they were able to make the Kilaqen Empire a very prosperous nation.

During the war that ultimately ended with the death of the Pheorian Emperor, Lord Ogis managed to decimate every single human village across Adrios.

A feat seen as nothing short of a miracle, as it forced the remaining humans to cluster into cities and major settlements.

With this plentiful plunder, they were able to accomplish many things.

Modernizing the Empire, for example.

"What the fuck is Kedro doing in there?" Thelsea said as she knocked on the door once more. "The only reason that Lord Ogis would actually care about your summoning is if Kedro told him about it."

"Why is that a problem?" Mason asked.

"Because Lord Ogis is more unpredictable than Lord Broggon," Thelsea said.

After aggressively banging on his door a few more times, Kedro finally opened it.

"What the fuck do you...Oh. Hello, Thelsea. How are you doing?" Kedro said.

Mason was surprised by how human Dragon Lord Kedro looked.

Kedro stood 6'5". His gray and black hair was slicked back, as he wore an eyepatch on his left eye. His shoulders were wide and his armor was pristine, as he wore a custom set of black and silver armor. He had a rather brawny body type and a scruffy beard to match.

Kedro closed the door behind him.

"What do you guys want?" Kedro said.

"Cut the crap, Kedro. Why did you tell Lord Ogis about Mason's summoning?!" Thelsea complained. "You and I both know how unpredictable he gets!"

Kedro scratched his head as he turned towards Mason.

"You must be Mason then, correct?" Kedro asked.

"Uh...yeah," Mason said nervously.

"Thanks to you, I get to have a threesome later tonig—," Kedro joked.

Before Kedro could finish, Thelsea punched him in the stomach. He took a knee as he collected himself.

"Either you come with us to fix the clusterfuck you've created or you lose the threesome with Jilora and Jaena!" Thelsea said angrily.

"The fuck did you expect? I gave you 45% of my mana for a single summoning!" Kedro said.

"If Lord Ogis kills Mason, you're banned from the Succubus Cafe!" Thelsea said passionately.

Kedro let out a large sigh as he placed his hand on Mason's shoulder. He seemed convinced.

"So...are we flying there or are we taking the portal?" Kedro said.

--------------------------

[Capital City Of Kilaqen: Mio 12, 3728]

After deciding to take a portal, the group had found themselves in the Capital City Of Kilaqen.

It was a large city that housed Lord Ogis' Fortress and around 13,000 residents.

In some ways, it functioned as a normal city. In other ways, you could notice the influence that the Demon Lords had.

While the architecture was human-like, the culture, people, food, and atmosphere were uniquely demon.

Mason had noticed many things: Vampires walking with their umbrellas, Succubi floating as they gossip, Dark Elves perusing magic shops, Orcs...being Orcs, Dragons flying freely above, and even some of the more...aggressive Demi-humans. Monster girls, for example.

However, on their short walk to the Fortress, Thelsea and Kedro could sense an elven aura that was following them in the shadows. The elves seemed to be using powerful stealth magic to blend into the crowds. It was a spell that would work in most circumstances.

This was not one of those circumstances.

"Kedro," Thelsea said.

"Mhm. I know," Kedro said.

"What?" Mason said.

"An elven presence is following us. On foot no less," Thelsea said as she peeked behind. "They must be rather bold."

"And stupid!" Kedro said loudly.

As Kedro burst teleported behind the Assassins, the street under him cracked.

"You've been rather naughty, haven't you?" Kedro taunted.

Before the three Assassins could jump back, Kedro grabbed the Male Assassin by the neck.

The Male Assassin struggled to break free from his grasp.

"Clearly, you guys can't be Assassins if you only brought three people. A failed Recon mission, perhaps?" Kedro said.

"Where...are you keeping...the Elven women?!" the male Elf said.

"I'll have to make this quick. After all, Lord Ogis is waiting on us," Kedro said.

As Kedro's left arm glowed a bright red, he slowly inserted his left hand into the chest of the elf.

But as soon as it touched the elf's skin, the hand had become transparent.

It was only then that the Assassins realized what was happening.

Kedro was going to eat his soul.

The two Assassins jumped back and took out their stowed weapons. But before they could utter a word to Kedro, Thelsea chopped them both on the neck.

They were instantly knocked out.

"Really? They sent a bunch of amateurs? Is this the best that the Eliyen Dynasty could do?" Thelsea said.

Kedro held the Assassin's soul in his hand as the lifeless elf faded to dust.

"Maybe they went rogue for revenge," Kedro said.

Thelsea held out her palm as a grimoire appeared in her hand.

"Mason. Pick up those two girls. We'll just have to take them with us," Thelsea said.

Thelsea began walking with Kedro as several tentacles appeared from Mason's back. He used them to pick up the unconscious Assassins.

He quickly caught up with Thelsea and Kedro.

"Is this a common occurrence for you two?" Mason asked.

"Is grass green?" Thelsea joked.

Thelsea swiftly 'cleansed' the elf's soul before Kedro happily devoured it.

"This may serve as a reminder for her to train you in combat," Kedro said as he wiped his hands on his armor. "And hopefully not the sexual kind."

"Hilarious," Thelsea said sarcastically.

--------------------------

There's this preconceived notion that tentacles only serve to lewd its victims.

But Tentacles, when given to the right person, can do many things.

Restrain a pair of Elven Assassins, for example.

As the group walked towards Ogis' Fortress Gate, Mason's tentacles lewdly carried the twin Assassins.

He guessed that the pair of cute Assassins were in their low 20s.

But as the soft and tender tentacles began groping the older Assassin's breasts, it also began groping the other Assassin's thigh.

The Assassins began blushing from embarrassment.

"We are pure women of Eliyen! Have you no shame?!" the older Assassin said.

"Don't you find it ironic that you talk about having shame despite wearing bikini armor?" Thelsea remarked.

"Yeah. She has a good point," Mason said.

Mason's tentacle inserted itself into the older Assassin's mouth as the tentacles restricting them became tighter.

"Tch! To think the Eliyen empire sent a couple of brats to spy on us. It's insulting, you know?" Kedro said.

"I don't see why you're complaining, Kedro. Didn't you eat the soul of the other guy who was with them?" Thelsea asked.

"Yeah, but he wasn't worth my time. He died as he lived: Worthless," Kedro said.

As the older Assassin struggled to break free from the tentacles, her face was teeming with rage.

"That shit was fucking pathetic. I'm wondering whether we should give them to the Dark Elves or the Orcs," Kedro said.

Hearing about the Orcs sent chills down the spines of the Elven Assassins.

But Thelsea whispered into Mason's ear as they arrived at the gate.

"Kedro doesn't know this, but there's actually a third option. One that involves your...'expertise' if you catch my drift," Thelsea whispered.

Mason glanced at the cute Assassins before responding.

"You have my attention," Mason whispered.

--------------------------

As Mason opened the doors to the throne room, he noticed the line of demonic knights on both sides of the carpeted path.

The black carpet led straight to the main thrones, where Demon Lord Ogis and Broggon were waiting. There was also 2 additional thrones on both sides. In no particular order, they were reserved for: Empress Viessa, Dragon Lord Kedro, Succubus Queen Thelsea, and Lord Commander Verrona (who is also the Dark Elf Queen).

The room didn't fit either extremes, whether that be overly heroic or overly evil. It was a perfect balance between the two.

It's no surprise that Demi-human appearances are popular in Kilaqen. After all, Lord Ogis and Broggon were the first to do it.

But as Mason glanced at the two Demon Lords, he noticed their completely different forms.

Lord Broggon took the form of a handsome blonde, as he wore fancy attire and stood 6'4". He was largely seen as the political and economic leader of the Kilaqen Empire.

Meanwhile, Lord Ogis' face could not be seen, as he wore a Quatinum-plated skull as his mask. He stood 6'7" as he wore a full set of masterwork, Quatinum armor. While he was generally seen as an overwhelming force, he was also a man of few words.

But despite these deceptively human forms they decided to take, Mason could not ignore the amount of power radiating off of them. It actually seemed to be too much power.

Lord Broggon faintly smiled as Thelsea uttered the first words.

"As you can see, this is our newest tentacle mage. His name is Mason," Thelsea said as she cleared her throat. "According to the appraisal, he's currently ranked at around B+. This success is largely due to Secretary Kedro's contribution to the summoning. We've also confirmed that he's able to read Akethi, which is the language that Iggith's journal was written in."

Lord Ogis scratched his chin.

"And why is Secretary Kedro here?" Broggon asked.

"You could say that I came as her good luck charm," Kedro said as he pointed towards the assassins. "It seems that my time was not wasted."

As Mason's tentacles dropped the twin Assassins in front of Kedro, a different set of tentacles emerged from the ground to restrain their arms.

Kedro grabbed both of the spies by their hair as he forced them to face the Demon Lords. "We encountered these amateur spies on the way to the Fortress. They're most likely from the Eliyen Empire."

"Tch!" Lord Ogis said.

"I can't say I'm surprised. After all, Father Mayhem reincarnated the Legendary Hero," Broggon said, "Eliyen must be getting bolder because of it."

"Mhm," Lord Ogis said.

As Mason blinked his eyes, he noticed that Lord Ogis was not on his throne. However, he still felt an intense presence.

That's when he finally realized that Lord Ogis was behind him.

Mason was too afraid to turn around, as he looked straight at the ground.

Lord Ogis didn't say anything, as he carefully inspected Mason. Secretary Thelsea and Kedro spaced themselves from him as Lord Ogis slowly walked around him. He could feel Lord Ogis' staring into his soul.

But after around 30 seconds, Lord Ogis stopped in front of Mason. As Mason looked up, Ogis gave his final verdict.

"Satisfactory," Lord Ogis said.

Thelsea could finally let out a sigh of relief, as Lord Ogis suddenly teleported himself to an unknown location. It seems this satisfied his interest.

"Guards! Throw these two Elven women into the dungeon. We will decide what to do with them later," Lord Broggon said.

As Lord Broggon quickly teleported, Kedro waved Thelsea and Mason goodbye as he left the throne room.

But as Thelsea grabbed Mason's arm, she put it in between her breasts.

"Now, about that handjob that I owe you," Thelsea said seductively.

CautiousTitan.com

67