11. Tenacious Gamblers [Part 1]
908 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Thelsea's Office: Mio 20, 3728]

In her office, Thelsea used magic to heal Mason's and Oppo's bruises.

"Jeez. Look what you made me do to you. Now I feel bad," Thelsea said annoyed.

"It is not my fault you misunderstood the situation," Mason said.

Her finger flicked the forehead of Mason.

"A personal maid is one thing, but complimenting her lips is another," Thelsea said.

"Considering how attractive you are, can she really be considered competition for you?" Mason asked.

Thelsea blushed briefly before speaking.

"Didn't I tell you that I wanted to monopolize you?" Thelsea said embarrassed.

"Yeah, that's true. But you also said I was free to use my tentacles as I pleased," Mason said.

"I know I said that, but...I think I underestimated myself," Thelsea said.

"Since we haven't had anything lewd in a week, you are technically at fault," Mason said.

She got up from her chair to stretch.

"I hate to admit it, but you may be right," Thelsea said.

"Of course he is right!" Sage replied.

Sage seemed to have changed the pitch of his voice in order to sound more friendly.

It took Thelsea a moment to react to the tentacle monster.

"Eh?" Thelsea asked.

"Tentacle Sage, or Sage for short!" replied Sage.

"I didn't ask for your name," Thelsea replied.

"Now that you know, cherish it," Sage said.

"Oi, do you want to die a painful death?" Thelsea asked annoyed.

Sage floated above Thelsea's head.

"My apologies. Old habits die hard," Sage cautioned.

"Is this supposed to be Oppo? This is a bit rougher than expected. I know it's Akethi, but to imagine so much was lost in translation...," Thelsea said.

Mason laughed as he grabbed Sage from the air.

"It's a long story, but that's not Oppo. It's just a...helpful personality occupying his body," Mason hesitantly answered.

----------------------------

[Citadel Hallway]

"So you were able to unlock access to a skill called Tentacle Sage when your demon side was awakened?" Thelsea asked.

"Um...yeah," Mason replied hesitantly.

"Once we reach Lord Broggon's gambling room," Thelsea said, "I think we should tell him about this."

"As far as we are concerned, we don't have to tell him anything. Or anyone else for that matter," Sage said.

"Are you suggesting we withhold information from one of the Demon Lords? Are you insane?" Thelsea asked.

"In a logical sense," Sage said, "It would make more sense to keep me a secret and allow Mason to surpass their expectations."

"He has a point. It isn't like we know if he is useful or not," Mason said.

"Of course I'm useful! I'm the Tentacle Lor—I mean, uh...I know the Tentacle Lore!" Sage said nervously.

"As a side note," Mason said, "I think Risona is the ideal candidate to be my personal maid."

"There are more qualified maids in the Citadel and Fortress to pick from," Thelsea said. "Are you sure you want her as your maid?"

"Although she did send me flying into a wall, she is a solid choice," Sage said.

It took Thelsea a moment to respond.

"It's fine, I guess. I'll have her re-assigned to our room tomorrow," Thelsea said.

Mason and Sage exchanged high fives.

"As we approach the room, I should probably tell you about Vorigan, Athena, and Viessa. You will be the weakest person there, so any information you can get will help you survive," Thelsea said.

Mason let out a sigh as he put his hands on the back of his head.

"I suppose we have some time to kill, right?" Mason smiled.

----------------------------

Vampire Lord Vorigan

The best way to describe Vorigan would be to describe him as smug, clever, powerful, and sadistic. The types of traits that you would expect from a Vampire Lord.

Most of the time, he lives in his castle to the north, but he sometimes stays in his room at Ogis' Fortress. Before the Kilaqen Empire was formed, he was more of a loner. He has, however, gradually become more social since joining the Tenacious Enforcers.

It's good that he or any vampire is not killed by sunlight. It is instead severely weakening them, by as much as 60%.

At night, however, he was believed to be one of the most deadly beings in the Kilaqen Empire. Second only to the Demon Lords.

Why? Here's why:

Improved senses, enhanced agility, immortality, night vision, shape-shifting, telepathy, telekinesis, regeneration, and even superhuman strength and speed. The only weakness he had on paper was the sun. (If we exclude Light or Dark Magic).

He is considered an S+ at night. But depending on the amount of sunlight, he could be as high as S or as low as A+.

----

Representative Athena

Athena's power primarily comes from her influence rather than her strength. Therefore, her power comes from her wealth.

Athena represents the Rich elite of the Kilaqen Empire. This is important, because the Rich/Royalty of the Empire are more powerful than the Generals, but they have less power than the Lord Commander (Verrona).

Like most rich people, she tends to be greedy, arrogant, and a bit manipulative.

This does not stop her from having high-ranking friends. As a matter of fact, it helps her.

While she generally gets along with most of the Tenacious Enforcers, she has a strong dislike for Orc King Xorag.

----

Empress Viessa

She is considered to be popular, gentle, sweet, and perhaps a little spoiled. Of course, that is what you would expect from someone with her position.

She is from the Kingdom Of Gekurin, which is located in The Wildlands. Prior to marrying Lord Ogis, she was the Queen. Even though she was a prosperous ruler of the Oni Kingdom, she was not forced to leave it. Instead, she was courted successfully by Lord Ogis. In addition, they had a daughter named Carnessa, but her whereabouts are unknown at the moment.

She was also a huge fan of alcohol, as she frequently consumed it like water. She was lucky enough to get all the alcohol she wanted as the wife of the Demon Lord. Most of the time, she would drink sake and wine since they provided the most pleasant experience.

However, her strong ties to Lord Ogis also made her dangerous. Ogis is extremely protective of his wife. Because of this, many men are told that they should know their place. Lord Ogis had, after all, killed the entire Goblin Race because the Goblin Lord had wanted to NTR him. The fact that he did it all by himself made it even more impressive.

----------------------------

[Outside The Gambling Room]

Sage floated around Mason and Thelsea as they came up to the door.

The right arm of Mason had been turned into a tentacle.

"So I can do this whenever I want?" Mason asked.

"Yes, but I am not sure if you can fully transform into a tentacle monster, since you are half-human and not a fully-fledged demon," Sage replied.

Mason looked at his arm as it slowly transformed back into its normal state.

"One step closer to becoming an actual hentai protagonist," Mason joked.

"What is Hentai?" Sage asked.

Thelsea interrupted quickly.

"Why do I have the feeling that you guys aren't taking this meeting seriously?" Thelsea asked.

"What are you talking about? We listened to your explanation and we're doing our best to prepare for this fight," Sage replied.

"By turning his arm into a tentacle?" Thelsea asked.

Mason couldn't help but laugh.

Thelsea smiled as she shook her head.

"Well, we're here, so I hope you're ready," Thelsea said.

CautiousTitan.com for early releases

16