Chapter 4 Epic of The Gods Intro
449 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Epic of the Gods has existed for six months and there are already an estimated of 2 billion players.

The highest leveled player is still level 45.

That is due to the sheer difficulty of the game. The pain receptors are capped at an astounding 89% and it is unchangeable, meaning that it is as close as real pain, while dying is extremely real.

Well for the players who want to play but couldn't take the pain, By the orders of the company, Maintenance started selling an elixir that will lessen the pain receptors of the players, said elixir is sold only by the company and couldn't be replicated by the inhabitants of the game. Its price is 500,000 dollars per elixir and it can remove 20% of the pain receptors making it 69%, and what's worse is that it only works one time per player, more will only waste it. The company is so evil marketing it like this. But, its not like they are running a charity. The game is the most revolutionary tech that has currently been invented in this world.

There are 10 classes players can choose from in the game namely the Fencer, Fighter, Caster, Rager, Tanker, Tamer, Archer, Healer, Musician, Rogue.

Only Fencers and Healers can choose which starting weapons to start with while other players will be randomized.

That's because all the starting weapons you get merely depends on luck and once you have the said weapon then you will gain the corresponding [Weapon Mastery] which is needed to use a weapon properly. Players can buy Weapon Mastery but that would be a waste of precious skill point. And even if players don't have a Weapon Mastery, they can still use other weapons but with less efficiency compared to others that have a Mastery skill.

Onille was an Archery champion back in highschool and so his choice was obviously the Archer Class. He already had [Bow Mastery(II)] just when he created his avatar and that only happens when one is also proficient in using the weapon IRL, one more and he'd have enough to class up into a Ranger. 

Insania finally recovered from the debuff and payed for his bow, he also bought a hundred more arrows cause he only had 76 durable ones when he finished killing all the hares. Leaving him with 500 gold and 96 silvers.

"You won't have to pay for the bow, since its only 1 Copper"

Insania nodded then head out the village. Before resuming the grind Insania first opened the Archers skill tree... Well its nothing like a tree but, like a shopping list containing all the Archers mana-related skills and passives, which amount to a hundred.

In Epic of the Gods players and non-players are given the freedom to build their own skill sets at an early level. Starting from level one to ten (1-10) players will be given 1 SP or skill-point to buy the skills of their fancy.  Then theres the AP points that can be gained 1 per level. The conversion rate for beastkins is 1:3 meaning that a level 30 beastkin is far stronger compared to a level 30 human that has 1:2 increase in their stats. Starting from levels 15, 20 and 25 and so on so forth, players will only gain 5 AP and even if you do die and regress one level, you wont gain another 5 AP.

Skimming through the hundreds of different skills, Insania needed something she can spam and has low manacost. And she knows just what she needed. Taking the two skills [Mana-shot] and [Fatal-shot], she then read the skills effects.

[Mana-shot]: Forms an arrow made of mana that deals 10 Magic Damage(+50% STR and 50% DEX) damage

Manacost: 10

Cooldown: 2.5

[Fatal-Shot]: An arrow imbued with this skill will ignore its targets Physical Armor. Giving +40 additional damage when a CRITICAL hits.

Manacost: 10

Cooldown: 20

Archers are like pseudo-mages that deal magical and physical attacks. Mages have this skill as well and its called [Mana-ball] Once learning the skills she added her 2 Attribute Points to her Strength stat making it 16 points. She went out the town and walked for 40 minutes, till she reached a level 5 to 20 Grindspot called Wistless Forest.

With her 16 points in Strength she could finally deal 25 damage with every arrow and even if she looses all her arrows she still had [Mana-shot].

Now inside the Wistless Forest Insania saw 3 labrador sized ants. Moving closer she scanned the giant insects stats.

*Ting

Crazy Ant

Rarity: Common

Level: 5

Hitpoints: 500

Damage: 20

Skills:

[???]*

Crazy ants have a skill that increases their damage by a considerable amount when near their fallen allies. How does Insania know that despite not having a skill that can see monsters skills you ask?. ZA powaaa of research of COURSE! Some people already put this information on the forums. For players too lazy to take the skill to see mobs skills.

Dealing with 3 might be hard but with her high accuracy and erratic kiting prowess, these ants are going down!

...

Meanwhile in the nearby city. "Boss we found a solo female player!"

two beastkin came running towards a dark alley.

"Where?" he asked unperturbed his voice was very rough as if he growled while talking. This man is Garou a crime boss in real life and in game he is a Panthera Leo with a dark mane and is cladded with equipment of uncommon Rarity to most beastkin players this is extremely hard to get.

"In the nearby village!" the two excitedly said in unison. Garou's cold gaze was penetrating, he couldn't care less about every single female beastkin player after all when you're in his position money and women are very easy to get.

"Wait before you two go, bring along the new guy with you." Garou coldly said. The two nodded and sprinted away. This was very normal in the Beastkindom its a dog eat dog world after all but then the Moderators updated the game and put a cursed Newbie Protection Mechanism Protocol.

...

*Ting you have leveled up* 

Insania easily dealt with the mobs by spamming her [Mana-shot] skill, although [Fatal-Shot] wasnt used at all, this skill will show its worth once Insania faced enemies with Physical Armor. Insania need to plan things out, even if she doesn't have any knowledge or experience with the sword she still has to utilize the Twin Blades of Lust as much as she could, meaning she'd need to buy a [Sword Mastery] skill and raise it to properly wield the blades. Even though her danger alarms are going nuts she didn't care about the ominous marks on her palm.

Using another SP, she took the skill [Agile] which greatly boosts her movement speed. 

[Agile](Passive): Gives user 20% additional Agility stat(Also applies to AGI given by equipment)

After seeing more Crazy Ants she shot at them like a maniac with both arrows and [Mana-shot]. Its makes you wonder who the crazy one is in this fight.

3 hours passed and Insania leveled twice. She then took the passives [Acrobatics] and [Greater Stamina]

[Acrobatics](Passive): Gives user greater flexibility and bodily control. Being able to bend, twist and turn at high speeds. This skill is very crucial if you want to dodge high speed range attacks or melee brawls.

[Greater Stamina](Passive): Greatly increases the stamina capacity of user and stamina regeneration.

12