Chapter 19 The Man With A Last Name
279 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Being a beastkin was nice cause you had fur to cover your entire body and you can even go nude without any items or just honestly wear anything and not mind about it.

But this! This is RIDICULOUS!

'You could've just went with normal sized "pants" but noooo You had to request for a SKIRT!' Insania had a mental debate as she walked calmly on the paved road, but it wasnt exactly a debate more like a one sided scolding...

'What were you thinking!'

'You flippin idiot!'

'Why are gae? WhYYYYYYYYYY!'

Unknown to her mental tantrum a huge crowd of beastkin followed her like moths to a fire. Some were admiring the view while others were planning something nefarious and unsettling. The crowd following her chatted and dared each other to approach Insania but none of them had any balls to do so. One... the level 300 beastkin guards were looking at them as they followed Insania.. And two, they couldn't gauge out Insania's true strength, her weapons and her equipment, mainly cause she forgot to equip her scabbards and swords.

"Go talk to her"

"No you go" 

"Wuss" 

"Go ahead! I will revel in your failure!"

"Ya'll must be blind, Look at her HP..." One beastkin that scanned Insania shook his head, the others followed his lead and scanned Insania. The scan only works in a 5 meter distance and it shows, Class, Level and Hitpoints and this is what everyone of them saw.

*Ding

Name: ???

Class: ???

Race: ???

Level: ???

Hitpoints: 1896*

"That it I'm out." 

"Yeah... Somethings ominous with this wench, lets go before the guards come!"

Insania sighed in relief 'Finally these motherfuckers are losing interest! Im just glad none of them were crazy enough to jump at me in the middle of the city'

The crowd was about to disperse when a man suddenly yelled.. "CATCH THAT THIEF!" 

Due to how densely compact the crowd following Insania was, the thief was about to escape in the crowd of beastkin. Insania heard his scream so she turned around and scanned the crowd following her, not a second later she instantly found the hen in the flock of ducks.

Although the crowd was a fare distance from Insania, but it was just close enough for her skill... Pointing her index finger at the culprit, electricity escaped from it with a [Zap] and instantly put the beastkin in a [Shock] state. The crowd already made a run for it when they saw the guards rushing towards them, Insania on the other hand, lunged at the poor beastkin, his face was down on the ground and his arms behind his back whilst Insania held him down.

"Thanks for the timely assistance miss" a man in full plated metal armor said.

Insania felt like this man was familiar so she scanned him up and down.

*Ting

Name: ???

Class: Merchant

Race: Human(??? Citizen)

Level: 70

Hitpoints: 1400*

Just like how beastkin shows their scientific name, Humans also shows their kingdom citizenship. Which in this case is ??? because Insania doesn't know where this man is from.

"Its fine" Insania stood up and stepped on the beastkins neck, she dusted herself and scrutinized the man, Insania finally remembered him! Wasn't this the guy that sold Experience Pots to Leonardus? she couldn't help but blurt out a question after remembering so.

"This may be abrupt but do you know a beastkin named Leonardus?"

"Oh that guy, Yeah he's my favorite customer, despite being gruff he's actually a nice beastkin" 

"But why would you ask about him?" the man replied, then asked Insania.. it was weird for a human, much less a woman to know about Leonardus...

"Oh its nothing, I was just curious"

The level 300 Beastkin Guards came to apprehend the beastkin. They were cladded in black scale armor from head to toe. The beautiful black equipment is obviously a full Rare(X) Rarity.

"Explain what happened here?" one of them asked the man.

"That bastard robbed me, Im just glad he didn't escape" he said. One guard nodded whilst the other picked up the item and handed it to the man.

"We will meet in court if what you stated is incorrect" The two went to the beastkin barracks with the apprehended beastkin... All guard baracks have an interogation room.

"Well that was that... Say I didn't quite catch your name?" he held out a hand towards Insania seeing no reaction he added.

"Oh how rude of me! My name is Allan Wextria and you are?." he bowed apologetically at Insania.

Insania became wide eyed for a second but she didn't lose her cool she hurriedly answered. "Insania just Insania" The reason as to why she was temporarily dazed was because this world doesn't have the concept of Family names... Perhaps only Noble human households and Royal families have last names. Insania followed the man and she was greeted with the 10 human mercenaries, specifically the ones that she spied on yesterday.

Allan faced Insania and held out his hand. "I know you're strong so why don't you come with us?" he already scanned Insania and the imposing fact that she could hide her Race and Level made him want to bring her along.

"Wheres the contract?" Insania knew this was an escort quest... Unlike most MMO games the quests in Epic of the Gods follows a certain rule which is very hard to trigger, The quest must be written on paper or specifically a contract for it to be called a real quest.

"Ive got it right here..." Allan showed Insania a piece of parchment, reading through the lines, she signed it with her blood, then she heard a notification.

*Ting

Unique Storyline Quest:

Escorting Madam ??? has been accepted*

*Quest Contents: Escort Merchant Allan Wextria and protect the carriage towards his destination.

Additional Quests:

(1)Survival of Allan Wextria

(2)Follow Allans orders

(3)Survive

Quests Reward: ???*

A Unique Quest means that it's a once in a lifetime offer! She already accepted it when she signed her blood, aside from keeping Alan safe, there was no mention of her helping the other mercenaries live.. They might attack her if she ever let her guard down so she was quite wary there... In order to avoid that from happening, she needed to win some over to side with her.

"Hey Alan will you pass through Elveden?" Elveden is the Elves nation and Insania's main priority right now.

"Of course we are!" Allan hastily replied. Insania nodded and went to the 10 mercenaries. She put her game face on and introduced herself.

"Hello I'm Insania... I'll be accompanying you guys from here on, and all of you are?" Insania's smiling expression was too warm for some of them to reject. Five of them answered with glee, but the rest gave her the cold shoulder. As they introduced themselves Insania also scanned them if they were telling the truth... 

"Im Mal"

*Ting

Name: Mal

Class: Tamer

Race: Human(??? Citizen)

Level: 30

Hitpoints: 200 *

Mal is a Tamer that uses the bow, sporting the classic Archer equipment.

"Im Oreuq"

*Ting

Name: Oreuq

Class: Tanker

Race: Human(??? Citizen)

Level: 32

Hitpoints: 1560 *

Oreuq was a typical Tanker class, cladded in Common Rarity steel armor from head to toe, along with a mace and shield combo.

"Im Russ"

*Ting

Name: Russ

Class: Fencer

Race: Human(??? Citizen)

Level: 31

Hitpoints: 550*

Russ was a two-handed Fencer, he wore a Steel Chest-plate, a Longsword on his waist whilst the rest of his equipment were made of leather.

"Im Vtts"

*Ting

Name: Vtts

Class: Rager

Race: Human(??? Citizen)

Level: 29

Hitpoints: 1200*

Vtts had a weird name and in no way did author run out of names. Insania didn't mind his imposing attire, which is an entire wolf's pelt, his head was covered by the upper and lower jaws of the wolf, Insania knew these types of items are actually preferable to beastkin.

"Rez here..." 

*Ting

Name: Rez

Class: Fighter

Race: Human(??? Citizen)

Level: 29

Hitpoints: 430*

Last that introduce himself was Rez... good ol Rez had no noticable weapons. Only his fists were wrapped by some strange red clothing... while he wore metal bracers that covered his arm up to the elbow, his attire doesnt look like it offers much needed protection either.

The first 5 that introduced themselves were ogling at Insanias attire with their lust filled eye sockets. She already mentally prepared herself for this, and she's absolutely holding in the cringe that is about to show in her face. Oh how she wishes she could just scream..

'I'M A DUDE!'

But she had to stick to the plan she envisioned, she needed to use their lust to her advantage, and then probably sway them and gain their trust. If she wanted to survive this trip and possibly avoid being gang-banged. She must do the unthinkable... To flirt with each and everyone of them and gather information. She then smiled to the remaining five that hasnt introduced themselves.

"Before I introduce myself... what exactly are you?" The rather tall and sleek Ranger asked.

"Thats a trade secret..." Insania gave a wry smile.

"Alright keep your secrets" He said before turning away from Insania, he then approached Allan, Insania didn't mind him, if Insania were in his shoes, she wouldn't trust herself even if it kills her. But she still scanned the guy.

*Ting

Name: ???

Class: Ranger

Race: Human(??? Citizen)

Level: 35

Hitpoints: 400 *

A Ranger is a higher ranked up class of the Archer starting class, although Id love to enumerate all the rank up classes after the starting ones.. I'll introduce it at a moderate pace. As in... one by one.

"Don't be like that boss... Guys at the very least introduce yourselves, or would you like me to do it for?"

"NO! don't you dare!.. Sorry for before My names Lainey, and this is my sister" The woman huffed at Mal before bowing to Insania. She wore the classic Caster cloth armor that offered little to no VIT stat, afterwards the little girl, who was obviously a Healer chirped in.

"And I'm Hetir" 

*Ting

Name: Lainey

Class: Caster

Race: Human(??? Citizen)

Level: 30

Hitpoints: 150*

*Ting

Name: Hetir

Class: Healer

Race: Human(??? Citizen)

Level: 29

Hitpoints: 200*

"Fine... Im Juli"

*Ting

Name: Juli

Class: Tanker

Race: Human(??? Citizen)

Level: 33

Hitpoints: 2010*

Juli was a full-cladded steel warrior that carried a big-ass shield on his back. Insania was shocked to see his Hitpoints but usually shields offer a lot of VIT.

"And Im XERCA!"

*Ting

Name: Xerca

Class: Rogue

Race: Human(??? Citizen)

Level: 32

Hitpoints: 200*

The last one that introduced himself was a slim and short guy, that uses daggers. Cladding the classic Rogue attire.

Insania finally assessed the team composition, which is 8 melee classes counting both and Allan and her, 2 range, 2 magical classes.

"So are we going or not?" Lainey impatiently asked Allan.

"Relax" Saying so, Allan clapped his hands and a Magic Circle encompassed the entire area. Insania was about to rush out of the circle when she heard Allans voice "Nobody move!"

The entire group got enveloped by a bright light and disappeared from the clearing.

Somewhere in the outskirts of the Level 300 Grindspot Echoing Woods, The entire group of 12 people materialized in front of a Carriage whilst a man wearing a full cloak sat on the coach.

"Come now Master Allan" 

The group slowly followed suit but Lainey was too baffled that she shouted. "THAT WAS HIGH LEVEL TELEPORTATION MAGIC!"

Authors Note:

Hey guys.... Lets play a game... Its called, GUESS WHO DIES FIRST... Mwuahahhahahah I didn't spend all those hours of writing this chap just to drag around 10 characters did I?

The prize of the first to get the right answer will become a character in my novel!... And not the cannon fodder type of character. One answer Only...

9