Chapter 20 Nameless Continent
260 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Of course it is... How else did you expect we get out of Mortar City without getting tailed HUH!?" Allan scoffed, he sometimes gets pissed at people who always acts surprised at everything.

"But..." Lainey stuttered, seeing Allan so pissed made her calm down a bit.

"Lets move out!, Only 6 people can ride the carriage, so all of you will have to take shifts..." Allan shouted to the group and sat next to the cloaked man sitting on the coach.

Insania walked around the carriage in order to assess its size and shape, the carriage look like those fancy noble carriages that you see in movies, having fine exquisite layout and greatly furnished wood, pulled by two giant stallions. The luggage was at the back with two metalic seats, there are also one metalic seat per sides, the coach can probably fit 3 people if they scoot over but Allan said it can only carry 6.

Insania knew it was impossible to sit on top of this carriage, One... It had a barrier on it. Barrier spells are slippery and sometimes impassable, even oxygen gets stopped by it, the spell is usually formed by concentrating mana and turning it into a semitransparent wall. Its not unbreakable, but it can negate both physical and magical attacks depending on the casters INT stat.

And Two... whoever is inside the carriage has an extremely high position in the hierarchy. If Insania tried to find out who they're escorting , she'd be killed mercilessly by that cloaked man. Insania had no idea where they are heading but it shouldn't be far.

And so the group went off.. The two girls were given the backseats first, while the others drew sticks on who gets to ride the sides first. 

Insania didn't join in on their game, although she did watch it, she knew there is still a distance she needed to jump in order to get in their friendship bubble. Mal and Xerca won, and the carriage started moving, followed by the rest of the group.

Insania and the rest walked beside the carriage while the Ranger was covering their rear. Considering that he has scouting skills, he'd easily spot anyone that tails them.

Insania, Vtts and Oreuq were at the left side while Russ, Rez and Juli were guarding the right. Having nothing to do, Insania made some small talk with Vtts and Oreuq to gather information.

I'm not going to bore you to death with unwitty dialogues instead Im going to use good ole time-skip chan...

4 hours passed and the group made steady progress, By talking to some of the members in the mercenary group, Insania gathered that they are actually a well known group in the Mercenary kingdom of Vandairu... Which is in the far west of the nameless continent. Long story short... They accepted an escort job from Vandairu to Beastkindom Mortar city... The quest was absolutely perilous and they lost 10 comrades just to get to mortar city... That is because the Beast-Empire is right between, Vandairu and the beastkindom.

Epic of the gods world is a nameless continent, nobody ever tried to name it, not even the developers. It has 4 human kingdoms, 1 Elven Nation, 2 Demon Kingdoms, 1 Beast-Empire and its subordinate kingdom the Beastkindom.

Now create a mental map in your mind and divide it into 6 parts, Northwest, North, Northeast, West, Middle regions, East, Southwest, South, and lastly is Southeast. Insania hasnt seen a real map of the continent but she knows the approximate location of all the kingdoms and nations.

Starting with Northwest, is the Demon Kingdom Iskratz which inhabits the cunning and well mannered blue-skinned demonkins.

The Entire North is the territory of the Theocratic Nation of Raylee, which is in this world the goddess of light.

Northeast is the Demon kingdom Razrablaz with its citizens the fiery red-skinned demonkin.

The entire West and half of southwest is the territory of Vandairu kingdom, The middle part is divided by different powers due to how huge the land mass is in the middle region, some of it are even unmarked territory, 1/8 of it is the territory of the Beast-Empire, and maybe 1/16 of the middle region is Elveden. Elveden also has a small territory in the east but the majority of it is the property of Atoru the Warrior Kingdom... which is the nearest human kingdom in their current location.

Beast-Empire territory encompasses the entire south, 1/2 of southwest, 1/8 in the middle region and 1/3 of southeast. Beastkindom only holds a small part in the Southeast part of the continent.

But wait? theres one Human Kingdom missing!... yeah, the human kingdom is so small it doesn't occupy any of the divided parts at all...

Right in the middle of North, Northeast, East and the middle region, there resides a small kingdom that is surrounded by mountains and is in the middle of a lake that is surrounded by level 500+ monsters. The Kingdom of Music and Magic, Nippon! I'll explain the geography of Nippon some other time.

No this is not japan!

Due to how I explained the kingdoms and continents you'd think that the world is too small to roam right?

WRONG! you have never been more wrong. Just take Vandairu kingdom as an example, Lets take the entire Asia, Russia and Europe in earth and combine them together. The territory of Vandairu is 3 times the size of said continents combined! Not to mention the entire middle region which is as big as a super continent!

It would take years and even decades to explore every nook and cranny in this continent... Not to mention money... Since Kingdoms tend to have an entry fine. As far as Insania is concerned, despite how much the current races hate eachother... There is still no full-blown war... Unless it gets sparked by players.

Back to reality another hour passed and the group stopped near a shade. Although Insania still wasn't tired, it seems that humans have an absurdly low stamina compared to beastkin. Or maybe its just because of her skill?

The group made camp and prepared their rations, whilst they ate Insania sat down right next to Allan. Their conversation mainly revolved around what Allan sold and is currently selling, she thought maybe she could buy high rarity item for an all-time low price.

Alas, Allans reply was. "Sorry, I sold all my stock to use the money to hire that guy... Maybe I'll sell you something when we get to Nippon"

Insania knew that if Nippon wasn't their final destination, then its the Theocratic Nation of Raylee... That means that they must be transporting a High Priest. But people like those always have a guard squad full of Paladins and Paladrites.

"Why don't you come and eat with us Insania?" Mal was the one to offer up his food. Insania already found out that among the group, Mal is the one termed as pick-up artist... He's the horniest of the bunch despite acting oh so gentlemanly.

Insania shook her head. Due to the nature of a player to not feel hunger and thirst. Dehydration and Starvation is almost impossible. According to the devs the reason for that is because players don't have a Digestive system and a reproductive system. All thats inside their stomach is an empty void. They say that it will get updated soon. Once it does it would make the game harder than it already is.

"Thanks but Im not hungry." Saying so Insania moved away from the group and pulled out two scabbards and two swords, which she forgot to equip.

Insania strapped the scabbards to her legs and sheathed both the swords. She still didn't have enough stat to equip the Gauntlet of OsHia cause it needed basic attributes and not attributes given by an item.

The group started moving once more and hours passed in the blink of an eye. Insania spent the day by chatting with the mercenary group, learning from them lots of things. But she was on the receiving end of the conversation, enabling her to only listen and never share anything vital about her, if their conversation even moves towards her personal life she'd instantly change the topic to something irrelevant and very mind-boggling.

What was she going to say? That she's a beastkin? THAT SHES A GUY in this bodaciously hot body? Onille never revealed anything about herself throughout the trip making her too suspicious for her own good.

...

Somewhere in the dark alleys of mortar city. Five beastkin gathered together.

"They disappeared? How?" 

"Teleportation Magic" 

"What will we say to the boss?"

"KUHH! This is why I hate humans and their sorcery!"

"Shssss the boss is here."

A towering beastkin that created a huge shadow spoke. He wasn't only bigger than the gathered beastkin, but he was also stronger.

"Gather the men, we move tonight..."  

"Yes BOSS!" the gathered beastkin nodded and dispersed leaving behind the giant Panthera Tigris.

"They couldn't have gone that far..." He said making an evil grin, his voice containing a hint of glee and excitement. 

...

The day is almost ending and the group have already made camp. Insania helped out a little by gathering firewood.. But she didn't plan on sleeping with them. She still has trust issues concerning other people. Just because Onille is an extrovert doesn't mean he's trusting... In fact, he has an anxious mentality, cold personality and closed friendship circle.

"I'll be back in the morning, I'll sleep above the trees" with [Concealment] Insania vanished. She took off the choker and transformed back into a beastkin. She then climbed a tree and prepared the sleeping gear on a thick branch. She went as high as she could go in order to not be seen. She also used the rope she bought and tied the sleeping bag to the tree. Logging out inside towns, cities and villages result in pixelating but logging outside would result in a players avatar entering a sleep state.

Insania going away was the perfect time for the mercenary group to discuss some things among themselves.

"So what do you all think about her?" The ranger asked.

"I think she's trying too hard, she expects us to trust her even though she won't even trust us" Vtts pointed out.

"Yeah, it actually bothers me a lot talking to her, when I can't see her race" Rez spoke, the rest nodded, Mal couldn't stand the stifling atmosphere and shouted.

"Shut up you racist ******... Everyones got secrets!"

"Will you shut up? stop using your balls and penis to speak and just listen. " Slapping her face Hetir scolded Mal harshly. Insania actually chatted with Hetir and Lainey for a little bit and she found out that Hetir is actually the older one among the siblings... Easily put, shes a legal loli... OK Imma stop my degeneracy there.

The 3 girls actually had a lot of things they talked about e.g girly private topics and human brand cosmetics. Despite being a dude that has no qualms about fashion Onille actually learned a lot from their talks. The others continued there assessment on Insania's motives but then Lainey spoke, silencing everyone. "Shes actually very nice."

"Whatever the case may be... I want you all to remain vigilant, Never let your guard down when near her" The Ranger finally made his verdict and the group went to sleep, while they took shifts standing guard.

9