Chapter 7 Jade Golem
367 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A green humanoid golem stood up and faced her, its eyes shining eerily. It didn't exhibit any movements that would make it an enemy, so Insania scanned it.

*Ting

Lippo/Jade Golem

Rarity: Unique

Level: 50

Hitpoints: 10,000

Physical Armor: 100%

Skills:

[Ping-pong Mastery]

Lore: Lippo is a golem created by the GrandMaster Magician Liru an old eccentric magician that holed himself away for many centuries. Lippo is guarding a very sacred treasure left behind by Liru, its main purpose is to stop those who seek the treasure.

(Players cannot destroy Lippo only defeat him in a his own challenge)

Losing to Lippo would mean instant death and all equipped items will drop.

The humanoid Golem walked at the opposite end of the stone table and faced Insania, it held its right hand out. then its stone palm opened and closed, repeatedly as if telling Insania to give it her best shot.

Insania was astounded... Putting behind her countless thoughts and questions about why she could see the golems lore, she focused on the golems taunting action, her competitive spirit bursted forth and she couldn't help but grin from ear to ear.

Holding the racket made from unknown material she used it and struck the tiny ball which she threw up with her other hand.

"Challenge ACCEPTED!" Insania shouted with glee, its been so long since she's played this game but she is still confident she'd win, this golem can't possibly hold a candle against the opponents she'd defeated back in highschool. Well fighting is already out of the question since if Insania hit Lippo right now her damage would be zero and only magic can possibly kill Lippo but Beastkin doesn't have mages. She also can't kill it with [Mana-shot] cause she has no bow. 

To think that such a great sport is being used as a deterrence to kill trespassers. She knew she had this in the bag but she didn't let her guard down, only one point decides her fate after all.

The jade like ball went to the other side of the table, Insania dripped cold sweat  looking at his opponent, Lippo hasn't even budged since she shot the ball and as if time slowed to a tick she watched the ball almost score her a point.

BOOOM!

A shock wave occurred followed by the ball speeding towards Insania. She got careless even though she knew this isn't normal Ping-pong,

That shot was obviously aimed at her instead of making it bounce at the table its going straight at her body! and HANDS? who the hell plays Ping-pong with HANDS?! But Insania didn't despair, she was confused but she still parried the ball and pushed it back.

BOOOM!!

With absurd speed Lippo smacked the ball again.

"Now that's what I'm talking ABOUT!" Insania was ecstatic, she's never seen a smash that perfect before! It reminds her of the golden days of her life during the High School Regional Table-Tennis Championships, her elation is through the roof and her reaction speed became superhumanly fast while her heart thumped adrenaline all over her body.

During that time Onille was so close to losing and winning at the same time but he didn't get to see who won between their match. His opponent was assassinated by an unknown gunman and he won by default. To this day Onille both regretted and craved for that exhilarating feeling again.. And here it was! In the form of a rock golem. Its moves are insanely similar to that guy but less talkative.

Using all she had, Insania made the ball rapidly spin. This is a technique Onille honed for so many years, making the ball spin would make its trajectory very hard to predict.

But his parlor tricks were nothing to Lippo as it gave her a reverse uno card by slapping it in her face.

'Shit!' Insania parried the ball that went towards her face despite clearly heading straight to her left flank. She didn't use her technique anymore, fearing that it might lead to her doom. Instead she challenged Lippo to a competition of Endurance! The ball went back and forth, but every time Lippo smashed the ball she felt that the force behind it kept dwindling.

Lippo was losing strength and Insania was losing buckets stamina. Sweating profusely Insania kept parrying the balls and stayed in the absolute defensive instead of making a smash(Also known in table-tennis as a forehand smash.) Lippo might pull a rug under her and go full counter. She thanked all the gods that she took the [Greater Stamina] passive. Had she not the result would have been death. 

Time-skip chan visited and now 15 minutes passed. Lippo crumbled and Insania slumped at the table.

"Great... game Lippo" doing her hardest to catch her breath she gave her respects to the golem, despite almost dying from exhaustion the fruits of victory is always the sweetest. 

*Ting you have leveled up*

*Ting you have leveled up*

*Ting you have leveled up*

*Ting you have leveled up*.....

Fourteen level up notifications appeared in front of her, making her level 20 in just one day.

Indeed the taste of victory is extremely sweet. She took her precious time relaxing and admiring the ceiling.

After the rather long break, she shook herself and felt refreshed, off all the crazy things that could happen in this game it had to be Ping-pong, Lippo really unload some deep regrets in Onille's heart.

Insania approached Lippo to loot any good drops, but alas she didn't find any.

Reluctant to leave she searched the entire room for any sign of treasure, but she had no luck, just when she was about to leave she heard a thunk and the stone table they were using split into two revealing a Golden Chest.

Insania was extremely surprised but it did say Lippo was guarding his creators treasure, She wondered what it might be. Opening the chest Insania found 1 grayish and 4 golden grimmoires, with black scribbles.

How does she know they're grimmoires ? Well books don't glow thats for sure and when she touched it a notification popped up. Insania didn't hesitate and learned all the grimmoires.

*Ting you have learned the skill [Zap]

*Ting you have learned the skill [Re-charge]*

*Ting you have learned the skill [Dis-Charge]*

*Ting you have learned the skill [Over-Charged]*

*Ting you have learned the skill [Concealment]*

In-game night was almost up and Insania does not want to get that disgusting [Sleep Deprive] debuff.

She had to log out inside a town or else something might happen to her avatar if she didn't. Insania went in a new opening that opened when she defeated Lippo. As she went in deeper she looked at the new skills one by one.

14