Prologue
744 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"See you later, Aer!"

I said goodbye to my friend Sasha and started heading down the street to my house.

School is out! That means more time for me to game.

More Skills Online, or MSO, is a VR game I got hooked on recently. At first no-one would play it because the title sounds like a bunch of kids got together and said, "Hey, let's make a game!"

Which, to be fair, is exactly what happened.

But once some people tried it for kicks, it was realized just how AWESOME the game was. A fantasy world set in a medieval time period, but with ancient technologies to uncover, an in depth combat system with a high skill ceiling, and very realistic npcs. After people saw the game's many features, it exploded in popularity, and it's now one of, if not THE most popular game on the market.

I've made several characters and gotten quite good at the game. When I got home, I shouted a quick greeting to my mom and dashed up the stairs. I lay on my bed, put on my headset, and booted up the game. When the preliminary checks were completed, I was greeted with the game's mascot npc Kaili.

"Welcome to MSO. Please select your character."

Kaili greeted me with her standard line and brought up my list of characters.

"Hmmm... I think I'll go with this one," I said, tapping their portrait. "It's been ages since I played her."

The one I chose was my warrior character. She was the first character I made back when I was new and basic. I still love her though, and she's my highest leveled character at level 898.

She's a blonde human with a black hooded cloak, and a pure white claymore on her back. Her eyes were a light blue, and she looked cheerful in her picture.

While we're on the topic of descriptions, I am a silver haired teenage girl. 18. I have heterochromia, so my left eye is a rich violet while the other is a bright gold.

But enough about me.

As a light changed my form to that of my character's, I muttered,

"Hopefully I can break past the 900 mark today."

There were no level caps in MSO. If there were, nobody had reached it yet.

As the light faded I did some small stretches to readjust to my new physique, then turned to Kaili and said, "I'm ready."

I turn to where the portal should appear and wait for Kaili to bid me a good trip as she always does.

"Confirmed. Enjoy your new world."

......That sounds like a flag.

Then the world went dark.

26