Ch.7 The Duel
469 5 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Richia's P.O.V.

We ran into a bit of trouble at the guild. Unsurprising considering the rough nature of the people in this branch, but it would have been nice to avoid it.

One of the adventurer's there was mocking Aer for being so young. A few insults later we found ourselves headed to the guild's arena. I headed over to the stands and watched as Nala announced the fight. I was rather worried, seeing as she was still barely stronger than a normal child.

As they readied their stances, I noticed that Aer hadn't ╼⑉⑈⑆☳☴☰☱☲☲☳☴☰⑆⑈⑉╾. Usually it comes back whenever she gets in a fight, but I noticed it doesn't when she thinks it will be easy. Was she that confident? I worried that she may have severely underestimated him.

As Nala told them to begin, the adventurer, Breig, charged immediately. As he ran in with his battleaxe ready to strike, Aer simply stood in her stance. Waiting.

When he had gotten close enough, he took a powerful swing, aiming to chop Aer's head off. She ducked under the blade, then leaned in, and punched him in the gut. As Aer took a few steps back, he simply stood there, doubled over, with a look of shock on his face. Then Aer ran over, jumped up, and kicked him in the side of the head. Knocked off his feet, he fell on his side and stopped moving.

And just like that, the match was over.

I was shocked. Was this really the same girl who who was struggling with a slime a few hours ago? Aer simply put her hands behind her head and grinned at me. I waved back, still attempting to process what just happened.

As this was happening Nala shook off her own shock and declared Aer the winner. She seemed to have woken up everyone else as the crowd burst into cheers. With all the noise they made, you might have been fooled into thinking this was a full size colosseum.

After everything calmed down, we headed inside and completed the re-registration process. Breig had woken up at this point, which rather surprised me, and he begrudgingly went along with the re-registration. I suppose as rude as he is, he keeps his word.

Once we had finished, Nala gave her congratulations and we headed back to the house. Once we got there, I decided I had some questions I wanted answered...

28