Ch 20: ASURA
1.4k 11 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

"Ah this hurts like hell!!!" I said while clutching my head from the terrible amount of pain I was feeling.

I looked around to see Fenris was back to his normal size and was sleeping by my side.

From how my blood was frozen over my own body I was sure that I had woken up at least a day later.

' Damm this stuff gets so itchy in your eyes.' I said while rubbing my eyes. My whole face looked like I was Han Solo and was cast in carbonate.

I looked by my side and saw Tanjiro twitching. Most of his wounds were already healed. Why? Well that's something I discovered when my Demigod body levelled up.

[Status

Skills

[ Demi God Body: Level 2

Exp : 92/100

Description: A gifted body from the gods. This Divine body allows the host regenerative powers stronger than the most powerful demons at it's max level 

ASURA'S DIVINITY: Due to using his godly powers again and again for the betterment of others your blood has developed a tendency similar to your mind; to heal.

Your blood shall now heal others but not without a cost. The host will feel the pain of the one he's trying to heal on his own body and the pain will be multiplied by a random amount.]

You might think that this was an OP skill but tell that to my still bleeding horns.

'Ouch and here I thought that I'll have an easy life again.' I thought while touching my Horns.

' I swear If this is some sadistic deity increasing my pain for his pleasure. I'll rip apart his chest.'

[*Ding*]

[ Finally woke up sleepyhead?]

'This shitty thing'

Suddenly I heard a voice in my mind. A voice so low but at the same time so loud. A voice so harmonious but at the same time so chaotic. I don't even know how I understood it.

[For your bravery young one I bestow on you a gift.]

Then the voice suddenly stopped as if it never existed, as if it never echoed in this world.

[*Ding*]

[Host has been blessed with a Flute]

'Huh?' I thought while trying to process what happened.

One thing I discovered was that my system gave me my gifts or rewards after at least four or five hours of achievement of said task.

I opened my Inventory and found a red flute in it. The flute was beautifully red as if it was dyed in Crimson for all eternity. The flute contained various faces but the moment I tried to concentrate on them my eyes started bleeding again.

I tried to focus again and this time something appeared behind the Flute. 

A text written in blood floating in front of me.

[Host is not eligible to know the quality of the item. The item's power has been brought down to the level of this World. The item has it's powers completely sealed as the world isn't strong enough.]

I didn't wanna go through this System's bullshittery again so I just took out the flute and held it in my hands.

Suddenly a name appeared in my head. "Flute of the Asuras". I gazed at the flute but this time it didn't hurt my eyes but still it left me wondering of its origin. I still couldn't make sense of the carvings on it.

Suddenly I again felt movement around me and woke up from my stupor. I saw Tanjiro waking up.

"Where am I ?"

"Yo!" I said while raising my hand towards him. He took my hand and finally stood up but then fell down again when he saw Fenris.

"Oh where did that wolf come from, we're gonna die!" I said while putting my mouth in Fenris's jaw.

Tanjiro saw this and was horrified . He was about to attack Fenris to save my hand when suddenly Fenris just started licking my hand.

" Don't worry dude. This little guy here doesn't hurt anyone, at least not until I command him. Now the more interesting thing is how did you get so injured?"

Tanjiro's face fell down and he almost started crying.

"He-he killed them all. Every single one not even their bodies were left, every bit of them devoured in front of me." He said while holding back his tears.

'This dude is too good for this world.' I thought while having a sense of Deja Vu.

"Come on, get out of your stupor. You aren't fully healed yet." I said.

Suddenly Tanjiro felt his body with his own hands and had an expression of suprise on his face.

"How is my body so intact?"

" I won't say your body is intact but yeah you're in much better shape then you were in when I found you. Now open your mouth."

To say Tanjiro was surprised by my words would be like saying Lava is hot.

But still he decided to trust me.

I took out my Katana and slashed my own hands. Tanjiro almost closed his mouth to ask what I was doing but my glare kept him in place.

I then proceeded to make him drink my blood and his body immediately started healing.

" Feeling good?" I asked him but he was more suprised when looking at me.

Well I myself could feel my nose and horns bleeding. Again.

" Don't worry that's just an aftereffect of my power the important thing is that you're okay." I said while putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Now let's wash up, I don't want to meet my brother while looking like this." 

"You have a brother?" Tanjiro asked with a sad look on his face.

" Yeah I have a little brother but the more important thing right now is that I have a very very sharp nose and I don't even need to use it to tell we both smell worse than a sewer. Let's go."

We made our way to a small stream and started to undress.

"You know it's rude to stare at other people right?" I asked Tanjiro.

"No,no I was just surprised."

" Tell me about it. Having things like these on my body is a hassle to explain." I said while pointing at my tattoos.

Tanjiro gave a little chuckle and then took off his shirt. Despite looking like a cute little guy he was freaking jacked. I lived in fucking mountains and trained since I was 5 to get to my level but even then Tanjiro's muscles are quite well made. It looks like Urokodaki worked a lot on him.

"So why are you so sad?" I asked to which Tanjiro again started crying.

'Way to ruin the mood, asshole.' I mentally cursed myself.

"Hey let's just leave that for a moment. Wanna listen to something?" I asked Tanjiro while taking out my flute.

He just gave a small nod and sat on the riverside while I stood in the water.

"This is my first time trying this so don't laugh okay?" I said while giving Tanjiro a glare.

"I won't." Tanjiro said earnestly.

I moved my lips closer to the flute and suddenly everything just happened. My body, my voice started to move on instinct.

[Author: Play "In your Belief" from Asura's Wrath]

" What were your piercing eyes looking at?

What was Echoing in your Trembling heart?

For a long time, I did not see your smile, only your warmth did not disappear.

Even your smallest scars hurt more than the gods of this earth.

And that is why you will continue to destroy everything.

You who stood here with nowhere else to go.

What was it for that you reached out your hand to grasp?

You are the Flame That Burns the world I know.

Your kindness will burn this world and char the frozen time

......What were your piercing eyes looking at?

What was Echoing in your Trembling heart?"

'Damm how the hell did I not stutter even once? I thought I would butcher the song. Let's see how Tanjiro reacts.' I thought while looking at Tanjiro.

And let's just say that he was crying. A lot and I mean a lot of crying.

"Hey even I can't believe I was that bad. Well that's what I get for trying to help someone." I said while pouting which did not look natural on my Herculean body.

" No,no that was beautiful. It just reminded me of my mother's singing." Tanjiro said while wiping away his tears

"What happened to her?" I asked.

"Well she and all my siblings died except one." Tanjiro said while looking down.

"By the way who taught you that song?" He asked curiously.

" No one. Me and my brother grew up in the mountains. Our mother most likely died. My little brother is all I've left in this world." I said with a little bit of emotion behind my words. Even though I was reincarnated this was my world now and these people were real for me.

" Now enough of the sappy stuff. Wanna eat something?" I asked to which Tanjiro's stomach answered with a growl.

Tanjiro looked ready to dig himself into the Earth from shame.

" Hey I'm hungry too. You don't have to be embarassed about something like this." I said while taking out some meat from my Inventory.

Tanjiro was surprised by the meat that appeared out of thin air but before he could ask me how I did it I just answered with a " You'll learn afterwards".

Then I made a fire and started cooking the meat.

" You know, you remind me of someone." I said to Tanjiro

"Who?"

"Oh he was a guy named Asura."

"Was he like me?"

"Nope, on the contrary he was almost your opposite. He was a man filled with rage. Wanna hear about him?"

Tanjiro just nodded and I begin reciting.

" This is a story, no a Legend. A legend about a man named Asura, the god of Wrath. A man who was always filled with rage but never defined by it. A man who killed but only to protect. A man who lost so much but still managed to save a little. A god who found purpose not in the flames of war but in it's ashes. This is the story of Asura and his benevolence."

"The story starts on a world named Gaea."

2 Hours later

" 'I will have my Vengeance,Deus.' Said Asura before falling from the land of demigods."

Tanjiro was listening with interest but soon the sun appeared on the horizon.

"Well let's take some rest. We need to find the others today."

"But what about the story?" He asked almost pleadingly.

"Hmm, I'll continue the story on our journey." I said.

"Then that's a promise."  Tanjiro said with his sunshine smile.

"By the way, I never asked your name."  I asked Tanjiro.

"Tanjiro. Tanjiro Kamado. What's yours?"

"Oh. I'm Asura. Asura Hashibira." I said with a smile.

Have you played or heard of Asura's Wrath?
  • 1) Yes Votes: 9 25.0%
  • 2) No Votes: 14 38.9%
  • 3) Press X to shut author up Votes: 13 36.1%
Total voters: 36 · This poll was closed on Apr 16, 2021 09:36 PM.
44