Ranks and Marks
765 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Asura's POV*

The Ubuyashiki children had been a bit reluctant to let go of Cereberus but we were finally proceeding.

"So that means no one killed the Devil." The children asked.

"Oh, I did," I said. If that thing had importance then I didn't mind showing it off.

I went back into the tree line and pulled out its head from my 'Inventory'.

"This one introduced itself as Diabolo of the heavenly Generals or some shit," I said while holding the head up.

The kids were surprised to see the head but as soon as I said 'Heavenly Generals' they looked surprised.

"Are you sure?" They asked in unison.

"Yup everyone from my group can confirm that."

"Yes that's what the guy said before an insect or some shit exploded from his head," Inosuke said while Haku and Zenitsu just nodded.

"That's enough affirmation." The Ubuyashiki children nodded.

"That feat alone is enough to promote you directly to Kinoe."

Genya and Kanao looked surprised. In all honesty, I didn't know the name of the various ranks other than the Hashira but Kinoe must be high-ranking people or some shit.

"Nah I'll like to start from the beginning like everyone else."

I wasn't being modest or some shit. You can't be modest in this world. Your rank represented your life but right now I had to think about the future.

I had the 'Master of The Mansion's' favor but the more important people were the Hashira. If they didn't acknowledge me then it would be a pain in the ass especially if any of my plans for the future had to work.

Humans can be stubborn and especially so for Warriors that represented the best of Humanity in both virtue and strength and those will be the warriors I'll be fighting side by side with so yeah I'll take half a year of less pay.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes absolutely."

"Get..." came Genya's voice from behind me.

'Oh, the little brother's mad huh.' I thought while going forward to get marked.

The marks were made by the children themselves using some sort of black ink.

"Put your hand forward." The black-haired one said while I took off my pelt.

"Inosuke catch."

Inosuke caught my pelt while lifting his mask down.

'Damm it. I want a camera in this world.'

Everyone had their mouths open. I don't know if that was because of my Chest tattoos and Horns or Inosuke's face. Both were equally shocking in my opinion.

"So tattoo." I reminded.

"Yeah put forward your left arm."

"Here," I said while putting forward my arm.

The little guy immediately became extremely concentrated and his breathing slowed down.

'The Ubuyashiki raise them well.' Except for the incident where the children were in mortal danger they hadn't shown any emotion except when they saw Inosuke's face but that was pretty common.

The little guy immediately started drawing on my hand with accuracy. Each stroke seemed calculated and dignified at the same time.

"Name."

"Asura Hashibira."

That was all that was asked and the dude didn't even stop for a moment.

*5 Minutes later*

"Done."

"Sweet," I said while looking at my palm. The tattoo incorporated both my name and my rank.

"It can't be rubbed off except when you have permission to get it removed."

"Ok."

"Payment for uniform."

"Here this is both mine and my brother's. Hey, do any of you need money?" I asked while looking back towards the rest of the group.

I was the one that handled the money. I could tell from experience that if you gave Inosuke a gold bar he would exchange it for a handful of Apricots in less than a second.

Tanjiro and Haku shook their heads but Zenitsu raised his hand.

"Uh... I lost my money so..." He began with a shaky voice.

"No problem dude." I simply said and handed the money for Zenitsu's uniform.

"Thanks."

"Don't worry about such things. Now everyone get their marks we don't want to make the children wait after all."

Seriously these children were standing almost perfectly still with a straight back and all. If I leave Inosuke like that for a minute he would have his hand and legs in an unseen aerodynamic pose.

I returned back to the group and Genya went to get his mark while pushing me.

"Rich bastard." It was brief but I heard it clearly.

'I wonder how he'll react when I tell him that I was raised by wolves.' From what I knew the guy didn't have the best of Fathers so I let it slide.

*30 Minutes later*

Everyone was final done with their markings and we were waiting for the next instructions.

"You will be getting a Kasugaigarasu each."

'I wonder what I'll get.' I thought while looking at the sky.

I wasn't sure if I wanted a crow. Especially if it ended up being eaten by Fenris due to jealousy. Seriously wolves were a bit too loyal in that regard.

As I heard a light ruffling in the trees crows appeared and landed on their designated master's shoulder.

"I'm sorry but isn't this a sparrow," Zenitsu said while pointing at the little ruffle of feathers sitting on his head, happily chirping.

"Haha, Wrinkle brows got a chicken on his head." Inosuke was having a blast laughing at Zenitsu.

Suddenly a bundle of black sat down on his head.

"Haha, I got a crow unlike yo-- Ouch." Inosuke got a light peck on his head by the crow.

"Hey, you dumb bird cut it out!!!"

The bird seemed to have taken a personal offence to that it started pecking at Inosuke's face furiously.

"Ow, Ow ow ow. My eye!!!! Damn you I'm gonna eat you!" Inosuke shouted while jumping around trying to catch the crow with his hands.

"Ah good old Inosuke. Never change. But why didn't I get one?"

As soon as I said those words a shadow appeared in the sky and it seemed to be heading straight towards me slowly becoming visible.

"What kind of abomination is that."

____________________________________________________

A/N: So the story will start picking up steam soon. I'll be giving some context and backstory to a really unexpected character.

Consider supporting me on *Patreon*. The link is in the Auxiliary chapter.

26