Ch 69: Drunkard
280 5 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's Note: Hehe Finally at ch 69. Okay don't throw egg shells at me.

_______________

*Asura's POV*

"Take care. We'll be moving away from this house." Tamayo said as I put on my Wolf Pelt.

Well with the way the mansion was I don't even know how it was standing, so it was probably a good idea to move away.

"We're sorry," Tanjiro said with a sincere bow and using his left hand to make me bow too.

" Yeah, all that good stuff. Thanks for the help." I asked stretching my arms.

We needed to exit the city fast or we'll be fighting the police as suspects. Some idiot sketched our faces for a beer or some money though he only got me as a guy with a wolf head but I would probably still be suspected. They didn't tell about that in the anime.

"Hey one more thing, do you know about this place in the city?" I said handing the map to Tamayo, I came to the city for the last Mark on the map anyway so might as well finish that.

Tamayo looked at me with a raised eyebrow then at Yushiro who looked pale and then back at the map.

"Don't go there." She said handing the map back to me.

" Why?"

" We don't know how but that place burned down 7 years ago. We suspected it to be Kibutsuji behind it but the flames were green and the only thing there at this point is ash. Last we heard they were building a new house there." Yushiro replied.

Well, I guess that put an end to that.

"Well thanks again. How long do you think it'll take for my request to make progress?" I said folding the map and tugging it into my pocket and then into my pocket dimension that was empty for the most part now.

" The moving around will put a dent in the time but I can send one vial within a month. I still don't believe how you got your hands on one of those." Tamayo answered with a hint of incredulity.

" Well, if you don't bring shame to a Demon's entire existence then what kind of Demon Slayer are you?" I said and Tamayo giggled in return. That did earn me a glare from Yushiro.

" True enough. I wish you good health."

" Good luck finding a new house," I answered as Tamayo and Yushiro took the opposite road from us and disappeared behind a corner.

" So we gotta run?" I said more to myself than to Tanjiro who looked embarrassed at the posters that lined the walls. His was a boy with big googly eyes and a scar on the forehead. The guy that tipped the police must've been really, really drunk.

"Mother would've killed me if she saw this," Tanjiro said sighing.

"Good thing we're orphans then," I said and Tanjiro gave a nervous chuckle.

*Scrap*

"What're you keeping that with you for?" Tanjiro asked as I rolled a poster of me and him and tugged it into my pockets.

"What? I got a 1 Star warrant against me. Inosuke is going to be fucking jealous." I replied smiling.

"Are we bad guys now?" Ryuichi asked looking from me to Tanjiro.

"Nope. We're cool for fighting monsters, but we've to keep it a secret." I answered and Tanjiro gave a concerned look at my teachings.

"Hey, Ryuichi want me to get a box like Nezuko has for you?" I asked and Ryuichi shook his head so hard that he might've snapped his neck.

" Then hold on tight. You haven't slept so as soon as we're out of the city you can sleep on Fenris's back." I answered and Ryuichi seemed excited.

*Woof*

Fenris didn't share the excitement.

"Let's go!" I said as Ryuichi grabbed onto my neck and Tanjiro tucked Nezuko into her box.

"We gotta run fast," I said and Tanjiro nodded.

And so we ran off with the rising Sun.

.

.

.

.

And were forced to immediately hide in a corner as we saw two guys holding our posters walking straight towards us.

"Asura," Tanjiro said already climbing over a wall.

Well let's hope the owner of the house doesn't own a gun, I don't want to heal from a bullet wound.

"Hold on tight." Ryuichi tightened his grip as I jumped straight over the 7 feet wall, Fenris was of course on my back.

I really should cut off his nails a little.

*Scree*

*Peck*

"Ouch. Where the fuck were you?" I asked as Horus landed on my shoulder.

"Oh... there was a swan in a lake so..."

"Don't explain that. Find us a way out of here with avoiding all those guys in blue."

"On it," Horus said and flew off.

The next hour was spent jumping through houses and avoiding people brushing their teeth and answering nature's call.

Good thing people don't bring gunpowder into their bathrooms.

"There's a barrier on all sides. 2 people on each. Good news is the area after is plain." Horus said.

"What kind of Good news is that? That just means they'll have a better shot at our backs while we're running off." I said. I could hide all our clothes in my dimension but we didn't have any extra uniforms and my horns and tattoos will be seen anyway.

"So what do we do now?" Tanjiro asked.

"What else we climb through those buildings in that alley over there and run out as fast as we can. You think we can climb to the top?" I asked.

Tanjiro was almost as good at climbing as I was, benefits of growing up in mountains and having Breath Styles.

" They're barren, mostly but it's possible. I'm more worried about Ryuichi you think he'll hold?" Tanjiro asked pointing at Ryuichi who was getting sleepy.

'Damm that drunkard.' I cursed the drunk idiot before taking off my pelt and tying it around Ryuichi as a sling.

" Fenris roll in the dirt," I said and for a moment Fenris's looked at me with red eyes before happily rolling in the dirt.

After a thorough roll in the dirt (that'll be a hassle to clean through) I now had a very dirty-looking wolf.

"Good, get a bit smaller. Perfect. Now runoff. Find us after half an hour." I said and Fenris passed through the guards. No one was gonna inspect a dirty dog.

"Well here goes nothing."

___________

Author's Note: Sorry the chapters are a bit late. I ended up oversleeping cause of my meds.

Read ahead on my Patreon while supporting me.

Patreon.com/Ashara (There's another link down below)


Check it out, all donations help and you get access to early chapters and some bonus content.

Hope everyone has a nice Day/Night and don't let the Will Smith Strike.

7