Chapter 32
456 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Next day after leaving the inn we went to the guild to look at some requests.

[By the way Lisa, what is your adventurer rank?](Satoru)

[I’m D rank, what rank are you Satoru?](Lisa)

[I’m a C rank, just one rank above yours.](Satoru)

[You are a C rank? Aren’t those people veterans?](Lisa)

[Veterans? I wouldn't call myself that, I only know some tricks. I don’t think I’m good in a sword fight either.](Satoru)

[I think that your swordsmanship is quite good. Also you aren’t fazed even if you face many enemies. You have appropriate judgment too.](Lisa)

[All right all right, calm down. I think that I’m slightly better than others, nothing more. Now let’s find a good quest.](Satoru)

We looked at the request board and after some time I spotted a good request with a hefty reward. The request was to bring six horns of the big bulls that I hunted yesterday. The quest rank was C so I’m able to take it. I took the quest and went to the reception desk to register this quest to our party the quest. We waited for a little in the line and when our turn finally came I asked for the request that we took.

[Umm my I know what’s your rank?](Receptionist)

[I’m C rank and she is D rank, is there any problem?](Satoru)

[Well, it’s better to do this quest with a four to six person party. This monster is C ranked you know? I don’t think you will be able to do it with a two person party.](Receptionist)

I was surprised, I though that she would have a problem with us but it seems that she is just worried about us.

[Thank you for worrying about us but it’s okay. We can deal with them without suffering any injuries.](Satoru)

[There were many adventurers that tried to boast and died in the dungeon you know? Well if you say that you will be okay then here you go. I hope you don’t die.](Receptionist)

[Thank you, Lisa let’s go.](Satoru)

We went out of the guild straight to the dungeon. On the way I decided to ask Lisa some questions about her equipment. Her equipment is just a normal steel sword and leather armor with some metal parts. This armor isn’t very safe so I decided to enchant it. The same for the sword.

[Lisa do you want your armor to be enchanted?](Satoru)

[Well I would like for it to be enchanted but I don’t have enough money to do that.](Lisa)

[If you want I can enchant it for you.](Satoru)

[You can do that too?! Satoru just who are you?](Lisa)

[I guess I’m just a person with a good ability? So do you want me to enchant your armor or not? ](Satoru)

[Yes please!](Lisa)

[But you will have to remove that armor first, also give me your sword.](Satoru)

[Okay!](Lisa)

We went to the back of the dungeon and Lisa took off her armor. I could help staring at her, it was somewhat erotic. Even if she wears clothes underneath. When she handed me the armor and her sword I took out some magic crystals and enchanted her equipment. Sharp edge and harden for the sword. Armor was enchanted with toughness as well. Lisa stared at the whole process with excitement. When I finished enchanting I handed back the fully enchanted equipment to her.

She thanked me many times before we telepotred to the dungeon. We went straight to the fourteenth floor. When Lisa saw those big bulls she was a little scared.

[Etto, I don’t think I’m able to evade those big bulls you know?](Lisa)

[You don’t need to worry about that, just attack it when I bind it’s legs with magic. I will provoke them when they release themselves from the bind. Also please be careful, it will shoot rocks in all directions when it release itself.](Satoru)

[Sure but I’m still a little scared after all.](Lisa)

I acted as if I didn’t hear that and came close to the big bull. I bound it’s legs with earth magic and when it was done I cloaked my swords with no-attribute. I also shot magic at it while swinging my swords. Lisa started attacking with her sword too, just like me. I also heard her saying “Fire, cloak my sword to burn my enemies”. I didn’t hear her saying that before, was I just not paying attention to it? Anyway we did quite good, Lisa followed my commands and backed off just before the big bull shattered the earth bind. I provoked it and began dodging while slashing at it from the sides. It died quickly after it set itself free.

[You have leveled up!]

[Wow Satoru! My level went up by sixteen! They give lot of experience just like you said!](Lisa)

I cut off the horns while responding. I also didn’t forget about the magic crystal.

[You didn’t believe me?](Satoru)

[Well usually you would get a lot of experience from bosses but not many from regular monsters.](Lisa)

[Well the bulls are C ranked so maybe that’s why? Also Lisa I wanted to ask you something.](Satoru)

[What is it?](Lisa)

[Can you teach me how to correctly use a bow? I want to train but I think it will be somewhat hard to train it alone.](Satoru)

[I can teach you if you want me to, but only what I know. The only things I know from archery were thought from my father after all.](Lisa)

[Thanks](Satoru)

[No problem](Lisa)

We continued to defeat some monsters but because the my job was middle grade my levels didn’t raise as steadily as before. I continued to defeat the monsters until Lisa’s job hit the limit. She seems to have gained mana manipulation skill thanks to the advice I gave her while we fought. I told her to chose any job she wants besides the mage one.

We ended hunting somewhat early and I asked her to train me in archery. While the right posture for archery and handling the bow was easy aiming it wasn’t that good. I managed to hit my target which was a plate made of earth. I only hit three to four times in ten tries though. Lisa encouraged me by saying that it is a pretty good score for a beginner. Lisa told me that she wanted to defeat some more monsters so I sent her back to the dungeon’s eleventh floor.

Two hours later.

[You have learned Archery!]

I fell to the ground.

[Finally! I’m finally able to hit ten out of ten arrows! That’s what happens when you make a gamer serious! Haa I’m tired, all that focus drained me.]

Contrary to my stats I was still tired, I was more tired mentally than physically though.

(Let’s get Lisa out of the dungeon.)

I teleported to the dungeon and took Lisa outside. She was happy to hear that I managed to obtain the Archery skill. We went back to the city and submitted our quest. The reward is six gold coins. We happy went to the inn and ate our fill. I also asked Lisa if she didn’t want stronger equipment. She denied but I pressed on the matter. Even if I enchanted her equipment it is all cheap stuff. I also would like a better weapon. I know that my swords are quite good but they soon won’t be that good considering I will be fighting monsters of rank C frequently.

Lisa ate with delight on her face, just like a starving animal. I couldn’t stop looking at her, it reminded me of squirrels. She put the food into her mouth and the food was gone. After that I also gave her money to pay for the room because the contract for her rented room would end after one night. Next morning we went to the weapon shop in the city to buy new weapons. I had more than fifty gold coins so I thought that getting a good weapon and armor shouldn’t be that hard.

We entered the weapon shop and behind the counter stood an old looking dwarf. I appraised him and saw that his forging is a level higher than Radak-san. It seems that my forging skill is different. I can make weapons without the need to constantly hammer the weapon. I looked around the shop for a while to see if there is anything interesting. There were many D rank weapons but not many C rank ones. Even that bastard sword was a D rank one.

Because there weren’t any interesting weapons for me here I decided to ask the shopkeeper.

[Do you have any better swords? The same for the armor.](Satoru)

[I should have them in the magazine, wait a moment.](Shopkeeper)

He went to the back and came with a sword and a set of armor.

[Mad Bull’s Sword]
A sword made out of mad bull’s horn.
[Quality]:C
[Ability]: [Sharp Edge], [Toughness], [Magic Edge]

[Mad Bull’s Armor]
Armor made out of mad bull’s hide. Highly durable and magic resistant.
[Quality]:C
[Ability]: [Slash resistance], [Magic resistance], [Toughness]

(They are honestly pretty good, now I need to know their price.)

[How much are they?](Satoru)

[The sword is twelve gold coins and the armor is fifteen gold coins.](Shopkeeper)

[Do you have more sets of armor?](Satoru)

[Well only one in the back. I also have two another swords. One mad bull have three horns after all. I made a sword out of each one.](Shopkeeper)

[Then please give me those two set’s of armor. Also do you have more swords?](Satoru)

[Is it okay to buy something so expensive for me?](Lisa)

[Well a good product will always be expensive. Sometimes your armor will save your life. It’s better to buy something good to keep your life in critical situations than buy something bad and die.](Satoru)

[B-but](Lisa)

[Missy he’s right. Adventurers job is dangerous, having a bad equipment sometimes lead to death.](Shopkeeper)

He went to the magazine again and came back with another set of armor.

[Okay here you go, as for swords I have two more in the magazine. You want them?](Shopkeeper)

[Yes please.](Satoru)

[Then that will be 66 gold coins.](Shopkeeper)

[Can we get a discount if we are buying this much?](Satoru)

[Well I guess I can cut 6 gold coins](Shopkeeper)

(I have 63 gold coins and 40 silver from all the rewards and taking money from all of the bad guys. I also have some gold coins from selling the monsters so I had the money to pay for the armor but getting a discount is good in its own way. I don’t need to waste so much money.)

[Thank you very much, here are the gold coins.](Satoru)

I handed him the money and we went out of the armor shop.

[Hey Satoru, is it really alright to buy this much for me? I’m not as strong as you so I won’t be able to earn so much in the nearby future.](Lisa)

[Ahh you don’t need to pay it back, I bought it for you to increase your combat power as I can’t be near you all the time. I don’t want you to die after all.](Satoru)

I said that scratching my cheek.

[Satoru you are really a good person and that’s what I like about you.](Lisa)

[Y-you flatter me.](Satoru)

[Not at all, other people would have me pay it back for sure.](Lisa)

[I also bought equipment for me too you know? I will earn that money back soon anyway, I just need to get stronger. Also having your help will shorten my battles.](Satoru)

[Haah, I don’t think I will ever leave your party.](Lisa)

8