Chapter 34
427 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Lisa try to attack it from behind or it’s sides. Leave the front to me!](Satoru)

[Okay!](Lisa)

We are now fighting the variant orc lord on the thirtieth floor. We didn’t really have any problem with the bosses on the lower floors. The only problem is this one because his attacks take a lot of space. If you are in front of him and you can’t defend it’s attacks you will die. Even if I use provoke it’s attacks can still hit people in front of him or near me.

Lisa still had to back off when it activated it’s berserk skill. I also activated the combo of courage and berserk. Our clashes made shock waves in that extended to three meters around us. I loved this feeling of exchanging heavy blows. Lisa stood there amazed at our exchanges. The boss’s and mine berserk wore off so it’s movements got sluggish. I on the other hand felt only a little tired. After some attacks the boss finally died.

[You have leveled up!]

When the boss finally fell I took it’s magic crystal and pondered about why I wasn’t tired even after using berserk.

(In it’s description it says that you will be exhausted after using it. Then why it only affected me a little? Is this because of fatigue resistance? Or maybe it’s because of my special skill? I don’t know. Well, all that matters is that it’s convenient.)

When I stood there not moving Lisa quickly came and looked at me worryingly.

[Is something wrong?](Lisa)

I smiled and patted her head. Lisa’s worrying about me a lot lately. I think it’s cute, her ears and tail movement depends mostly on her mood. Now her tail and ears are a little down.

[There is something wrong. You are too sad, cheer up a little.](Satoru)

When I patted her head and said that the cheerful look returned to her face. Dealing with her reminded me of taking care of a dog. Well she’s a wolf though.

[Now that we have defeated bosses up to the thirtieth floor on which floor do you want to grind?](Satoru)

[Grind? What is that?](Lisa)

[It’s a word that means defeating monsters in a specific place I think?](Satoru)

[Is that so? Then let’s go for the twenty eight floor. There are minotaurs there right?](Lisa)

[Yep, they aren’t that hard to deal with. Then we will do as usual, I use provoke and you attack from behind while I attack the front.](Satoru)

[Okay, let’s go!](Lisa)

I teleported with Lisa to the twenty eight floor and just as we teleported we saw a minotaur in front of us. It attacked immediately after we arrived so I didn’t have time to provoke it. I felt danger from it’s battleaxe and saw that it was coming in our direction. I used all my strength to jump to Lisa and grab her. My position was bad so the attack grazed me and it was enough to leave a cut on my armor. I quickly regained my posture held Lisa and teleported out of the dungeon. It took a considerable amount of my mana but if I didn’t teleport us Lisa could have died.

[Phew, that was close. Are you okay Lisa?](Satoru)

I didn’t expect to teleport in front of a monster, much less a variant. When I asked and she didn’t respond to me I glanced at her face. Her face was red and she was staring at me. At first I didn’t notice because the adrenaline that kicked made me focus on battle but I was actually holding her in a princess carry. I was glad that I teleported to the forest instead of the entrance to the dungeon.

[A-ah I’ll put you down now.](Satoru)

Lisa’s head still didn’t process the whole thing into her head but when she heard Satoru say that she snapped back to reality. For a while in her eyes she saw the hero that she always heard of in her childhood. He was nice to all races and defended this world hundreds of years ago. She still liked the feeling so a faint voice escaped from her mouth.

[C-can we stay like that for a little longer?](Lisa)

When I heard a line surfaced in my mind.

[As you wish my princess.](Satoru)

When Lisa heard that she tightly embraced me. I could feel her soft peaks on my chest which was a great feeling. While I triumphed in my head Lisa’s thoughts were somewhat weird. It was the first time that she hugged Satoru so she didn’t notice it before. She could feel his hard muscles through his clothes. Her gaze wandered around his hands and she saw that they too were muslced. Even though his arms had good muscles they were somewhat soft.

Her gaze finally landed on his face and she took her time. After some time she suddenly said.

[Am I not heavy?](Lisa)

[Nope, not at all. On the contrary you are very light!](Satoru)

[I see…](Lisa)

After saying that we stayed like that for a minute and she finally asked me to let her down. Considering the question she asked there was no way I would say that she is heavy. I would be a scumbag if I said so. If it was me in the past I would probably struggle holding her line that for such a long time but thanks to the stats gained in this world I could probably hold her an entire day and not be tired.

[I think it’s better if we go to the twenty fourth floor. There shouldn’t be a variant there. Also we should take it easy for the rest of the day.](Satoru)

[Yes I think so too.](Lisa)

I waited for my mana to recover before teleporting to the twenty fourth floor. I was vigilant so I could react if we were in front of a monster. Fortunately there weren’t any monsters near us when we arrived so I relaxed a little.

Before fighting the bosses I had blacksmith as my job so it was maxed out after we defeated all the bosses up to the thirtieth floor. My forging also leveled up when I picked it. I chose high healer before fighting and I heard the goddess voice in my head.

[You have learned Cure skill!]

[Cure]: Cures negative effects, the stronger the effect the more mana you need. You can also cure diseases.

(Wow, what a handy skill. I never actually thought about it but I could have caught a disease from this world that could be fatal to me because I’m not from here. It’s good that I don’t need to worry about that anymore.)

We started fighting the minotaurs in a relaxed manner so we didn’t kill that many but the experience we got was still enormous, at least for our job grades. I gained sixty levels so I was quite satisfied. We left the dungeon and went to the guild to sell some magic crystals and materials. Unexpectedly the receptionist announced something to us.

[Lisa your rank have risen to C thanks to the continuous supply of materials in your team, congratulations!](Receptionist)

[Really? Great!](Lisa)

When I heard that I smiled and congratulated Lisa too.

[Good for you Lisa.](Satoru)

[Yes!](Lisa)

She was very happy about it, just like a kid that got a new toy or something like that. I guess I’m a little similar to her in that aspect, I just don’t usually reveal it. Lisa gave her guild card to the receptionist and was asked to come tomorrow morning to receive it. She agreed and we both went out after taking the money.

[So Lisa, what about our little date tomorrow? Do you know good places around here? I didn’t really explore this city so maybe you know. You were here before me after all.](Satoru)

[Yeah, there are many places I want to visit. I also know a place that isn’t visited much but they have great meat!](Lisa)

[Alright, I will count on you then.](Satoru)

[Yes! Leave it all to me!](Lisa)

I tried to show her my cool side but inside I panicked and also looked forward to this date. It would be my first time going out with a girl alone. Of course I don’t count my sister. I sometimes went with her to buy some things that she wanted or ingredients for dinner. We went back to the inn and ate our fill. When I went back to my room I contemplated about my some things.

(Should I practice cooking for the future? It’s only at level two and I don’t know how to make any complicated dishes. If I don’t have any person that has good cooking abilities in my party then we would have to live off the meals at shops. I think it’s best if they were handmade by me as it should be cheaper. My knowledge about cooking is shallow though. Should I ask the cook at the inn for help?

Also I should start doing some work in this small world that I can enter. I think it’s a good idea to make a big farm of herbs and food. Also making a house or a villa can be a good idea too even though I don’t have a single idea about making houses. As for the dungeons I should go to the capital of this country. There should be stronger people and monsters right?)

Deciding my next course of actions I went to sleep. I dreamed about things that could happen on my first date.

5