Chapter 7 Meeting Yahoo Founders
2.6k 8 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a crazy night, David returned home to have a good long rest.

His present body is still young, not fully able to withstand the exhaustion brought by the night long workout.

Just like this, a week has passed.

The personal trainer David hired had arrived, and after a few tests, they found that his physical fitness was not as weak as it looks on the surface.

On the contrary, they found his strength improving rapidly after each workout session.

But since David stopped doing extracurricular activities for two years, he just wasn't as explosive and fit as before.

The trainer recommended that he start basic training at the beginning and try yoga to get back his previous flexibility.

One hour of exercise made David sweat all over. Taking off his shoes and socks while sitting in a lounge chair, he walked into the bathroom with bare feet and relaxedly closed his eyes as water fell on his head.

This morning, his lawyer Thomas called and told him some good news. The future giant Yahoo founder Jerry Yang and David Filo agreed to an appointment two days later.

This is amazing news. David also asked Thomas to check whether Yahoo was already founded, but it seems like they have yet to register the company yet.

Sure enough, after they finished the call, David remembered the address and nodded affirmatively with a smile on his face, just as expected.

Thomas also told him another good news. He said that he could hear some hints of excitement from their voice which made him believe that they haven't raised funds yet and were in dire need of money.

This time, Thomas finally believed that they might have a chance to invest. Although he still repeatedly emphasized caution, saying that many small companies die in the early stage of their business.

Tonight, David packed his bag to go to Silicon Valley.  For this trip, Thomas will still act as his lawyer.

Thomas took time off some things he was working on for a week to join David on this trip.

At night, they met at the airport and quickly got on the plane to prepare for the meeting two days later.

Thanks to the convenient airport transportation in California, it will only take them about an hour and a half from Los Angeles to San Francisco, where the Silicon Valley is located.

When they arrived in San Francisco, they quickly drove to the hotel they had booked earlier and started unpacking in their respective rooms.

"Thomas, as long as they're willing to talk and as long as they need money, then I will definitely succeed. This time we are going to make a fortune."

"Hopefully, this is the case. Well, you have the final say."

Thomas looked at David, who looked so certain and could only smile and shrug his shoulders to express helplessness.

David, at this time, is thinking about other things.

Thinking about the concept of more than 100 billion dollars at their peak, David felt that he would no longer have to worry about money in his life.

In the future, he will also live his life doing everything he wants without any concern about money.

Like a famous saying in the future, "For me, money is just a number."

...

David and Thomas left the hotel early in the morning after stopping by for some simple breakfast and took a taxi to Silicon Valley.

Taking a good stroll around San Francisco can wait for later. Thomas drove out of downtown San Francisco and head straight towards Silicon Valley.

San Francisco to Silicon Valley is only a few dozen kilometers away, so it only took them a few minutes of driving to reach their location.

When it comes to high-tech innovations like artificial intelligence, the internet, and computer systems, Silicon Valley will automatically come to people's minds.

For people around the world, Silicon Valley is the gathering of the biggest and most successful companies in the world. Apple, Google, Facebook, many large companies will have a headquarters their own here.

This is not only because the environment is good, but also because it has a reputation for attracting many talents worldwide.

For many companies in the most competitive fields of innovation, they have to have their own bases here to access these talents.

...

After a short while, Thomas and David reached their destination. From here on, they had completely stepped into the land of Silicon Valley.

Their purpose this time was apparent. They called the two founders once again to coordinate their location.

Once the call was over, they did not waste any time and went directly to the Stanford campus, where they are currently located.

David Filo and Jerry Yang are still students of Stanford University at this time.

After a ten-minute drive, the two finally reached the gates of Stanford. They continued their way into the campus and went according to the address they were given.

...

After numerous twists and turns, David finally found the place and strode towards the small inconspicuous building in front of them. David quickly went in with Thomas towards a specific room.

Obviously, the location isn't the best, but it is definitely understandable since they currently have no funding to get a better place yet.

Inside a room, Jerry Yang and David Filo, with young faces, wore casual business attire. There will be an investor coming to look at their company. They had to at least show respect and make them feel comfortable.

They need this investment, after all. This is their chance to be successful. They could not afford to waste it. Also, they were already struggling from a lack of funding, and it wouldn't take long before their systems to stop working altogether.

"Knock knock!"

The two founders glanced at each other, smoothening their clothes before moving towards the door.

"Hello, Jerry and David." David showed a simple smile and walked up to them, reaching out to shook their hands as a greeting. 

"Hello, Mr. David Frost? Welcome!" Jerry Yang smiled and unconsciously shook David's hand.

Although David was about 190cm tall, he looks very young and greatly differs from the expected image in their minds. His immature face wasn't something they had even considered.

They are already considered young, being university students, but from the looks of it, David was even younger than them. For them, this is a big surprise.

"My name is David Frost. We're the ones who set up the meeting today to discuss the possibility of an investment."

Jerry Yang and David Filo looked at each other and saw the flash of disbelief in each other's eyes. 

 

 

New Chapter five times a week! (Except Tuesday and Wednesday)

 

36