Chapter 10 Hollywood
2.3k 1 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was already noon the next day when David woke up. Now, he is definitely feeling much better.

After reaching for a glass of water, he got up, left the bed, and went straight towards the bathroom to get the day started.

Currently, David was enjoyably taking his time in the bathtub. Soaking in the bath, the alcohol from the night before had basically disappeared.

The previous night, he played so crazily and drank so much because of the girls' enticements.

Groups of hot girls were everywhere around him, and he started hitting on some inviting girls around while taking some slight advantage accidentally.

Of course, it was nothing but touching them up and down, front to back, all over. It's kind of exciting, but this will only be a one-time thing.

Touching his head, yeah, last night was a little bit too much for his own comfort.

After completing his goal at Yahoo, it is now time to take a few days of rest. The previous days were too stressful and busy, and there were so many things to talk about.

David wouldn't be bothered leaving Yahoo to the two enthusiastic founders. After all, originally, they succeeded on their own without him.

Now that he had shown them various concepts and led them in the right direction for optimal results, they will surely do better than the original time.

His identity is also an investor, and he likes to follow what other people say, leave professional things to professionals.

David has no problem sitting effortlessly to wait for the hen to lay golden eggs.

For the rest of the troublesome things, they should be left for others to manage.

For David, Yahoo is not his company. He is only a shareholder. When the opportunity comes and the time is right, he will start his own companies, and these companies will be his.

Like Facebook for Mark Zuckerberg and Amazon for Jeff Bezos. It is important to make this distinction as their importance will be different.

Yahoo is purely for great investment returns, but his own company will grow alongside him, and these will be his core assets. He will never let it go.

After completing his mission in Silicon Valley, David thought about his short-term goals. There are many things in his mind; however, they need to be listed based on their importance and the time of each event.

Some great companies will pop out in the next few years that can guarantee exponential returns, and he will watch out for their news, but he should focus more on events occurring soon than later.

David dived deep into his memory, thinking about what he can do now. Something easy and something possible to do on his own.

Although many came to mind, one idea was extremely attractive.

If he has the ambition to reach the top and become the most successful, dabbling in a broad range of industries is necessary to build a stable foundation.

And there is exactly one industry that is too good to ignore.

Maybe this goal is too big, and it will take some time, but he can definitely begin the layout of his plan.

Naturally, keeping a low profile is the way of the king. This will ensure that when people start to notice him, it will be too late.

Like a hidden viper. One chance, one strike.

Various steps gradually formulated in his mind, the next priorities were becoming clearer and clearer.

"Hollywood."

Let's play together.

Hollywood is an extraordinary place. This is the area where creativity and capital meet to become something much bigger.

And it just so happens that he has both.

In his previous life, David had experienced writing several books.

While not a top author on the same level as the world-renowned authors, he was still stably listed in the mid-tier list.

But he is also lazy and much prefers to enjoy life without any worries. If he were born into a rich family, he probably wouldn't have become a writer.

Putting his attention solely on writing fantasy books, it was apparent that David has a unique creative imagination.

However, he never seeks to learn more and only wrote books for money. If improving means a lot more money, then he will surely do it.

Coming from the future, David knew how much progress Hollywood would achieve in the coming decades and knew how much profit it would generate through the years. Naturally, he will definitely not miss it.

Looks like in this life, he could use the past knowledge and experience he had accumulated to get a footing in Hollywood.

Seriously, how hard can it be?

A lot of great works were not yet created at this time. So many movies with immensely high profits, as long as he knows the overall story, he can rely on talented scriptwriters to fill in the blanks.

David closed his eyes and thought for a while. Yes, he should start writing as soon as possible. He should also register the copyrights right away to prevent thieves from stealing his works.

Dialing the room service, David got himself some good food. Eggs, bacon, sausage, and milk, the usual healthy breakfast.

Right after, David laid lazily on his bed, weakly leaning his head back, scanning through numerous TV channels while taking a bite from an apple in his hand.

Seeing the familiar Disney Channel on the screen, David got a little interested. They were also playing an episode of Mickey Mouse.

This show is extremely popular with viewers of all ages. Though David can say that the animations were not very good. The colors were bland, and overall, the plots were simple. Still, it was an entertaining watch.

The hand-drawn animated character was outdated for David, who had seen way better animation than this.

If he is correct, Pixar should soon begin eating up the market share of Disney animation.

Pixar, different from the current Disney, is using technology-assisted computer animation. This year should be where it will all begin for them.

The year when they would be releasing the great movie Toy Story.

Toy Story will become one of Pixar's most successful movie series and was responsible for pushing Pixar to the spotlight, boosting their success in their IPO a few days later.

Toy Story will be released towards the end of the year. Will it be possible to get a share of its success?

However, this is Steve Jobs's company. Would he accept investments to minimize the possible 'risk' of failure?

Toy Story is, after all, the first feature-length fully computer-animated film. No one was very confident that it will truly succeed.

One exception was, of course, David. Others don't know, but he knows that Toy Story will be a huge success.

With a budget of $30 million, the film finished first that weekend and went on to become the highest-grossing film of the year, making $192 million domestically and $362 million worldwide.

Although there are marketing costs and other expenses, Toy Story was undeniably a successful blockbuster movie.

And history told us that this was only the beginning.

 

 

 

New Chapter five times a week! (Except Tuesday and Wednesday)

 

35