Chapter 11 New Assistant
2.3k 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In Los Angeles, the climate was very comfortable, not too cold nor too hot.

One morning, the warm sun rays shone down on David. He stretched out his limbs basked in the sunlight right by the swimming pool, wearing only a pair of swimming trunks, unscrupulously showing his toned body.

With a handsome appearance, having a good life is as simple as eating and drinking water. Just by looking at him, people would feel extremely envious.

The sound of footsteps made its way to his ears. Slowly, Thomas, his lawyer, walked out of the house and made his way to David.

Thomas sat on an empty recliner beside him and helped himself a glass of ice-cold fruit juice from the table. The coldness and sweetness made him sigh. David really knows how to enjoy life.

"Hey, David."

Thomas doesn't have much time to enjoy the beautiful sunshine here, David is his current client, and almost everything is on him. Well, it's not like he dislikes his busy yet fulfilling job though it is a bit tiring.

David opened his closed eyes and pushed up his sunglasses, and saw that it was Thomas,

"Huh, Thomas? Why are you here?"

After speaking, David stretched his body on the reclining lounger and sat up, taking a sip of his cool and refreshing drink.

"Didn't you ask me to find you an assistant? I just found someone and brought her over."

"So fast?"

"Well, the pay is high, so it's very easy to find someone. Also, this person was recommended to me by my daughter. It should be her schoolmate in college who was looking for a part-time job. I did a background check and looked up all her information. There's no problem with her. She should be good enough to handle your daily tasks."

David nodded. There are many things to do in the house that are too time-consuming, so he asked Thomas to find him an assistant who can do all the troublesome tasks for him.

You know, he is a very relaxed person, and if he can pay someone to do it, why do it himself?

In just a few seconds, an elegant lady just around his age showed up and walked towards them.

"Hi, I'm Charlize Theron, and I will be your assistant from now on."

Charlize observed the youthful man lying back so relaxedly, estimating that he should only be in his teens.

The young man before her was leaning so lazily, holding a glass of refreshment while bringing it to his lips from time to time.

It was an enviable, lazy and casual scene.

David strangely looked up at the almost 20-year-old blond woman in a plain white shirt standing in front of him.

"Your name is Charlize Theron?"

"Yes, and I am an actor. Uhm, but you can rest assured, I'm not looking for any work yet. I only need to go to my classes at night. It will definitely not affect my work during the day." Charlize Theron hurriedly answered.

Charlize was only starting her acting career and didn't have achievements in Hollywood at this time. She didn't have much money left in her account and needed a job urgently to fund her living and school expenses.

She really didn't want David to reject her. The pay was better than most job offers that she had seen and the closest one available wasn't even half the salary for this job.

At first, she was hesitant and unsure about it, but after learning about the details from an acquaintance, she finally decided to try.

Looking at the beautiful blonde woman with a tender smile on her face, David couldn't help feeling that he was indeed in the city of angels. It was indeed full of angels. He didn't expect to see a Hollywood actress of later years in her early form.

Charlize Theron, one of the most popular Hollywood actresses. In 1995, she played her first nonspeaking role in the horror film "Children of the Corn III: Urban Harvest," Since then, her career has continuously expanded.

In 2003, Charlize starred in the movie "Monster," which earned her worldwide recognition. For her portrayal, she was awarded the Academy Award for Best Actress and the Golden Globe Award.

She also went to become the first South African to win an Oscar for Best Actress. This would then push her to the top. In the 2006 list of highest-paid actresses in Hollywood, earning up to US$10 million for a film, ranking seventh.

Later, she starred in many successful films and successfully maintained a spot in the highest-paid actress in Hollywood.

At this thought, David couldn't believe that this would be the way for them to meet.

Once he confirmed that she really is Charlize Theron, David was still a little surprised but soon returned to calm.

Soon he will meet many more legendary figures. What is so surprising about this? He will also become a legendary figure someday. This is nothing special.

"Well, you can now work for me. The salary has already been discussed, and I believe there is no problem with it. Your work schedule won't be strict. There's no exact schedule. I won't need you every time. If you have any problem, you can just contact me, and we'll work things out."

"No problem, don't worry, I will work very hard, and I will not disappoint you."

Seeing her face light up and hearing her promise, David couldn't help thinking: The wage is high, and the workload is light. Yep, there is no better boss than me.

David looked at the bright sunny sky as a beautiful lady smiled sweetly at him. Turning towards the beautiful woman in front of him, David couldn't help but return a smile.

Today is a beautiful morning, isn't it?

...

Time runs quickly when you're enjoying life, and inadvertently, a month had passed.

Luckily, David was done with high school, or else his life will be like hell once again. After all, with a combination of two memories, how many years did he have to go to school?

For two lifetime's worth of memory, it was enough. He didn't want to go back to school anymore. He was also very busy finding the true happiness of life.

Granted, he didn't find it, so he might need more time to enjoy life to find it. Maybe a few months more?

Although David wants to maintain his peaceful life, he couldn't afford to be lazy anymore. Many big events will soon occur, and he needs to make specified plans to take advantage of these great opportunities.

Speaking of this month, David was not always lazying around. These past few weeks, David had gone back and forth to his home and Silicon Valley, giving comments to enhance the website.

After Yahoo was successfully reformed, the company soon rented an entire floor with more than two hundred square meters of space, which was enough for the new hires of the company.

This is a common occurrence in Silicon Valley. Many small companies share spaces or rent floors in one building. Such things happen every day in Silicon Valley, so there is not much of a surprise.

After clearing the entire floor, the company purchased various computer hardware, recruited staff and some other formalities, and finally started working together.

Now, the brand new Yahoo will finally be released after a month of redesign and modification. Everyone was very excited.

 

 

 

New Chapter five times a week! (Except Tuesday and Wednesday)

 

32