Chapter 12 Launch
2.1k 3 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Everyone!"

"It's finally time!"

In a certain building in Silicon Valley, there is so much excitement circulating a group of people in the room.

Each one of them held glasses of juice and wines as they drank and laughed among each other. One look at them, and you would see happiness and excitement on their faces.

"Everyone! Our newly designed webpage will soon be officially launched. This is our company's biggest project and our path to success, and with this, we will surely have a place in the coming era of the internet!"

The other two founders excitedly spoke at all the happy workers celebrating in the room. One month of hard work finally bore a promising result, and everyone was full of pride to be part of the project.

Looking at the lively crowd, David Frost felt very incredible. Contrary to expectations, starting a company wasn't easy, especially if this company was the future tech giant Yahoo.

There was too much pressure, and the high expectations were not as easy as imagined. The standards were also strict, and every small change had to be discussed properly.

Although it was mostly because they were inexperienced, surely, next time, they will be able to do these things much faster and more efficiently.

Everyone, along with the two founders and David, was very excited at the launch of their first product.

For them, to go this far can already be considered a success. Throughout all the months, they lost sleep thinking about the company. Right now, at this moment, they feel like every single bit was all worth it.

Thomas was also among them. He acted as the company's legal counsel, giving comments and suggestions on various legal problems.

They completed the design of the Yahoo two weeks ago. After a series of tests and debugging, they finally decided today was the day.

The website was designed based on the basic structure of the original Yahoo. This mainly includes news updates, financial world updates, sports, entertainment, search, and other minor categories.

David was responsible for these content categories. Although he doesn't know the specifics, he was used to seeing so many sample webpages from future generations that he could effortlessly suggest some of his preferences.

During this period, many suggestions were made to make the user experience much better than that of in the early days of Yahoo in his previous life.

At this present moment, the reveal of the new Yahoo on the Internet will definitely kill a lot of competitors.

Just for his contributions, David earned the respect of all the staff in the company. All of them can only say praises after praises throughout all the surprises David had shown them day by day.

...

One week passed since Yahoo was successfully launched.

In a small cafe down the street, David relaxedly enjoyed his coffee, feeling very satisfied.

The online feedback in the past week was very good. It seems that they were successful in the initial stage. Most of it came from the excellent user experience of the clean-looking website.

Many people are already creating new accounts, and the logged-in numbers have already exceeded 500,000 in just a week.

New accounts were already posting comments and have left curious messages about different topics and contents found on the site.

According to David's suggestion, a comment function was added, a simple addition, but it made user interaction possible and made the page feel more alive.

At this time, internet users could only watch and cannot express their opinions on the Internet. Therefore, once Yahoo's comment function was launched, it was immediately welcomed by everyone.

In the past week, Yahoo was showered with praise on the Internet. Small newspapers started covering their success story and, in turn, contributed a small boost in popularity.

Naturally, the website traffic has been steadily increasing.

Even since the day before, there have been calls coming in to ask about advertising on the website. Everyone obviously welcomed this change. This was an opportunity to increase the company's revenue, positively influencing the company's overall value.

The timing is just about right, especially since their funds were getting low, and the next round of financing should be nearer than their projected estimates.

Originally, according to history, Yahoo was contacted by Sequoia Capital at the beginning for investment. In this regard, David has nothing to say.

The early bird gets the worm. And he's from the future.

Soon, David will be going back home. There's nothing more to do staying here, and minor problems can always be solved through phone calls.

The next time he comes back to Silicon Valley will be the time for them to begin another round of financing. After all, the next addition will require expensive huge servers that could contain millions of concurrent users of their site. The upfront cost and the maintenance will not come cheap.

In the next month, advertising revenue should be coming in steadily. This will be a great signal that their internet company is successful.

You have to know that the majority of internet startups haven't yet made a single profit, and they are very much ahead of the times.

As long as their website users continuously rise to a few million and their advertising revenue steadily increases in the next month, the company value will not be $4 million anymore.

At least they should be valued at hundreds of millions as their users and company revenue increased by at least a hundred times. Not to mention the patents, technology, and copyrights.

...

In the first class cabin before the flight, Thomas was speaking with David.

"I will take a few days of vacation because I haven't got any rest and then maybe go back to work. What about you?"

"There's nothing more I can do. I am a shareholder, not an employee. I don't receive any salary. I'll just wait for news on investors while counting money."

"Luckily, we got to Yahoo first, huh?"

"Haha, I told you we have a good chance to invest back then. If we didn't go through with it, we wouldn't be reaching this point. Now I can earn tens of millions just from the next round of financing. In the future, there will be more money coming in. I will definitely become a billionaire!

Thomas, in the future, we will move to much bigger things. We will need many lawyers. You have so many clients, and it's so tiring. We can just start our own law firm, and you can be the one managing it."

"Well, we'll see if it comes to that. I'll think about it."

"According to the current momentum, money is already on its way. I'm not going to work anymore. I'm still young and growing. I'm also so tired and hungry."

Thomas glanced at David, finding a good spot lying comfortably on his first-class cabin, and rolled his eyes. Then he also went back to his own cabin.

When the plane lifted off, David put on his sleep mask for a quick nap.

What can he do? There's nothing to do. No technology to watch a movie on a plane yet.

...

Back to Los Angeles, the two returned home smoothly.

"Great, the house is finally spotless again. Charlize is doing her job well."

David looked at the neatly cleaned house and nodded in satisfaction. Although they don't frequently see each other, Charlize has been reporting to him on the phone.

Since she had been his assistant, their relationship has improved by leaps and bounds. Maybe it was because their age is very close that they can speak freely to each other.

Shortly after, David went out for a nice dinner before heading back home to have a good long sleep.

Tomorrow he was planning on writing rough scripts for his future entertainment company, and it's gonna be another long day.

God, when can he go back to his lazy, easy-going life?

He will definitely need to go on a vacation after this.

 

 

 

New Chapter five times a week! (Except Tuesday and Wednesday)

 

30