Chapter 16 Presentation
1.9k 4 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a few days, and David basically spends his time in the hotel or stopping by Yahoo.

Occasionally, he has to meet with others to discuss some other minor issues.

A few days ago, after completing the financing plan, they had already exchanged communications with various relevant parties. 

These days, while everyone was busy, David felt like he had already strolled through every place in Silicon Valley.

If he were not an investor, he would have long left to relax back in his home in Los Angeles.

Hopefully, everything can finally be over today. That's right. Today was the scheduled meeting with the potential investors.

On this day, all of them were in a well-known country club hotel. The meeting was scheduled to take place at this hotel.

David changed into a casual suit, got out of his room, and went down towards the meeting location.

Only one thing can describe what he was feeling right now. Bored. He is really eager to end this business once and for all. It's just too troublesome.

In the conference room, everyone was wearing ties and business suits. They knew what was about to happen in the next few hours.

Afterward, without wasting too much time, they moved to their own positions and sat down. There's nothing much to talk about. They only need to wait.

The two founders and the other financial managers were a bit nervous, but David only thought about who would be the ones coming.

For the others, they were preparing themselves to face those business elites. It is inevitable for them to be a little nervous after all these firms are all the well-known capital in Silicon Valley.

In fact, this financing has attracted the attention of the entire community. Who made Yahoo's recent performance exceptional?

Currently, there are more than three million concurrent users with nearly ten million daily engagements.

Many internet companies were already 'comparing' themselves to Yahoo, and their products already have some minor resemblance to their own.

You must know that Yahoo still had many competitors on the internet before, but since the new Yahoo was launched, the traffic of many competitors has plummeted to an all-time low. Some have even closed down.

Due to David's early intervention, Yahoo can be said to have far surpassed the same period in the previous life and at least allowed Yahoo to be ahead of other competitors by three to four major upgrades.

At noon, there was a commotion outside, and footsteps can be heard gradually closing in behind the door.

They had arrived.

Immediately, the two founders welcomed the representatives at the entrance.

David was standing behind them and looked at the group of people holding folders and briefcases. What followed were simple greetings and introductions.

Kleiner Perkins Representative, John Doerr, Khosla Ventures Representative, Vinod Khosla, Sequoia Capital Representatives, Doug Leone and Michael Moritz, Accel Partners Representative, Jim Swartz., Intel Capital, and some other unknown firms.

Yahoo has changed the way people use the internet, and it had attracted the attention of everyone. This is the most important.

Normally, it is impossible for a young start-up to invite all these people to one room, but they have seen the unlimited potential of the Internet. This is the main reason why they came today, to see for themselves why this company deserves such a high valuation.

And they wanted to find out whether this company is actually a high potential stock.

"Haha, it looks like everyone was also curious about Yahoo. I thought it was only me. I also didn't expect it." John Doerr laughed casually before walking to their side smiling.

It can be seen that powerful parties really see a lot of value in Yahoo. Of course, all of this is due to their massive lead on other companies at this time. Most importantly, they are unique in their own way.

Investors greatly value unique, innovative companies. Apple was one of them, Microsoft was also another. And Yahoo is the first-ever portal website to achieve this much success. Complete with its own revenue stream, they opened the door to healthy internet profitability and started an entire industry.

Many capitals are already keeping their eye on Yahoo. In fact, the current Yahoo model has become the target of other new ambitious start-ups.

Some companies are not willing to be left behind either. They are not blind. They can see the opportunities and immense potential surrounding the company.

And if they can't have it, they can 'make' it themselves.

Many of them are using Yahoo as a template. From this point on, Yahoo has already attracted the attention of most internet companies.

Quickly inviting the curious investors to the conference room, everyone went to their own seats.

Today there are quite a few people in the room. On the side of Yahoo alone, they have brought a large team to participate.

David will surely be present. The two founders, Jerry Yang and David Filo, will also be here. Thomas will be part of the legal team along with the other lawyers. Lastly, several executives responsible for the financials and various departments.

"Today, we are here for the same purpose. Let's begin."

It is a rare opportunity to be in the same room with all these bigshots, so the two founders quickly began their presentations, not wanting to waste any more time.

"On behalf of Yahoo, thank you for your coming in today. Here we present Yahoo's financials and development strategy."

Some helpers distributed several documents they have compiled together to everyone and spoke about Yahoo's current situation and future plan.

This is what David asked them to speak about. In their words, the two founders occasionally included bits of ideas that haven't been applied by internet companies today.

Their goal is to impress and convince them that Yahoo's success didn't just come from luck, and they wouldn't need luck in the future either.

No one knows the future of the Internet more than David. Therefore, in the previous days, he laid down various ideas and branded them into their heads.

The two founders gave a detailed description of the current situation of Yahoo and explained the financing plan and the specific goals for the funding.

Yahoo's plan to set up branches on major continents and large mature economies, establish various language versions, and even set up branches for Yahoo's development in the relevant countries.

The global expansion strategy is to develop in major regions all over the world. This will allow Yahoo to complete the framework of the global market and become the first go-to internet webpage worldwide.

These global development strategies are widespread in the future, but they can be considered a bold and unique proposal in today's time.

The two founders who became more and more confident went on to slowly explain the soon-to-be-added functions of Yahoo that will destroy many companies and leave them nowhere to grow.

Fast page loads, smoother clicks across the site will make sure that the overall experience of users will improve by another level, leaving other companies behind.

Yahoo Mail will make sure that users will be fully invested in the ecosystem of Yahoo. Why would they use other sites if everything they need was already in the ecosystem of Yahoo?

This is what David learned from the growth strategies of Facebook and Apple, but he only borrowed a couple of ideas. He didn't want to give everything away for free, especially the important ones.

His current suggestions are enough to ensure Yahoo's success, and there's no need to reveal more.

Search, Mail, News, Finance, and Entertainment. This will be a big trap for users. They will be lost in all the site functions that they would effectively cut off the lifelines of other companies.

Afterward, the two founders highlighted the greatness of online media and how it can influence its users just like newspapers do, but they don't need to spend money to read it.

Online news subscriptions won't be invented until far into the future. This year, online advertising is only sprouting up, and this is enough to guarantee a continuous stream of revenue.

They went on to say that with the rise of the Internet, the paper media like newspapers and magazines will inevitably experience a sharp decline.

This is the reality, and all news media will be facing this roadblock. Their only choice would be to join them and go online or lose influence among all online users. This is the general trend, and no one could change it.

"This is a rare opportunity for us to be greater. Most companies have no clue what the future of the internet will look like, but we are already slowly expanding our influence globally."

"If we can seize the opportunity and expand our influence globally, new internet users will always be attracted to the biggest and the best product online."

"There are tens of millions to hundreds of millions of internet users worldwide, and it is still rapidly growing. If Yahoo can successfully attract the attention of internet users, Yahoo will be on its way to be the biggest internet company in the world."

The two founders looked at each and every person in the room. Jerry pushed up his glasses with his middle finger before showing a smile full of confidence.

"Many internet companies are struggling to find a way to survive, but we have long been successful."

"Many of them have not even formed an idea, but we are already set to grow our global influence."

"Many have no capability to implement it, but we at Yahoo have the ability."

"And we have the ability to do it now."

 

 

 

New Chapter five times a week! (Except Tuesday and Wednesday)

 

32