Chapter 33 Bioluminescence
1.4k 2 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yahoo was only the beginning. The success of Yahoo also brought in more users, who will also bring more success to Netscape.

As people get more attracted to the comfort of the internet, the more they wouldn't be able to live without it. One person using the internet can bring in their friend, and their friend will bring in another friend.

This is a cycle.

When David first searched the internet, it was not Yahoo he first saw but Netscape, aside from Windows, of course.

This is because browsers are the key for internet users to search the internet. This is their window for information.

Without the conveniences of technology like operating systems, search engines, and internet browsers, people would not have the same ease of access, and the internet space never be the same.

And in this particular area, internet browsers made it more convenient and faster for everyone to search the internet for everything they want. Browsers effectively connect them to everything.

Of course, even though David was aware that Netscape could earn him money, it was just that, a way to earn money, nothing more.

In his mind, he was obviously not very optimistic about this company. Netscape, as a company, is a dominant force in the browser market. They almost monopolized the Internet access of users.

According to various studies, in the next decade, the number of Internet users in the world is estimated to reach more than a billion, which would signify the potential growth of Netscape.

This is true. In 2005, the one billion users barrier was crossed.

With Netscape's current tens of millions of users using its service while still experiencing consistent yearly growth coupled with an unbelievably huge market share, Netscape was unlikely to fail, right? Wrong. They still failed miserably in the coming future.

Microsoft was able to crush them in a matter of a few years, and Netscape went on from occupying the biggest market share of about 90% to being acquired then slowly dying off.

The only thing that mattered was the decision of Microsoft to fiercely compete with them and how much lengths they would go for to achieve their purpose.

But for David, this does not matter. The time that Netscape gets acquire is the time he would have already forgotten about Netscape. It simply won't concern him anymore.

David took a breath of the cool nightly air of the ocean, gazing far off the dark horizon.

In the dim seas guarded by the misty moon, the yacht swayed along with the mild sea breeze.

Turning his gaze towards the nearby island, a spectacular sight was offered to the surrounding tourists.

Focusing his eyes on the shallow waters, bioluminescent waves blossomed on the surface, occasionally rushing to the shore, forming a magnificent glowing blue light, like a scene from imagination.

David could see people playing around the glowing blue waves, especially the younger and the curious ones, laughing from time to time, just having a fun time.

"Mr. Frost, is there anything else you might need? Oh, I almost forgot. We are already completing the specialized professional team assigned for the stock operations."

Alexander also knew that he was calling at a late time and might have disturbed David, so he quickly updated him on the services he asked from them to finish the call quickly.

From what he could recall, he seemed to have heard before from his superior that his assigned client David seemed to be on vacation. It's better to keep the call short.

Hearing the words of Alexander on the phone, David silently reached over the champagne on the side. After taking a small sip of it, he faintly exhaled,

"I see, that's good."

David opened his mouth as two slim doll-faced models fed him some grapes as they snuggled for heat in his arms while enjoying the cool beauty of the sea.

Sometimes, they planted kisses on his shoulders, neck and their hands remained enthusiastic and unrestrained, performing some intimate caressing, immersing themselves in the calming night breeze.

David silently gestured, stretching out his hand on one of their heads, and lowered it down as he eyed her tasty red lips and alluring crystal blue eyes.

The entrancing lady looked at him with a mystifying gaze, putting down the bowl of fruits before soaking herself down the warm waters of the jacuzzi.

Then, she fixed her hair to the side, kicked her legs in the water, placing herself between his legs.

"Splash!"

"Hnn"

David gave out a soft groan and sighed softly, enjoying the scenery before him and the countless stars in the background.

His whole body became soft in the water, feeling very refreshing and relaxed.

"It doesn't have to be too big, just the usual size for normal operations."

"Understood. We can discuss the final details once the team is completed."

"That's fine. The expected volume should be in the tens of millions. It's best if no one would notice our hands in the operations at that time."

"Yes, we will contact you once again if everything is finished."

David placed the phone on the side table, leaning back his shoulders, feeling all the movements below the water.

He had made use of the financial services provided by J.P. Morgan and prepared a team of professionals that will assist him in the stock operations. The operation will be much easier with a lot of people after all.

And having the ability to go in and out as fast as possible is crucial to the profit he earns, more people, more accounts, and faster trading.

These are only the preliminary preparations, and the details will have to be discussed further in the future. Variables like fees, specific plans for the operation, and such will have to be cleared up before Netscape's public listing.

David is now considered an important client for the bank. He is young and already so successful, there was no doubt he will become a big customer for them in the future so they would put more importance on his requirements to keep him invested.

Under the glowing moon and the starry night sky, on the highest floor of an unmoving yacht, David jerked his legs and abruptly broke the silence of the calm sea.

"Ahh, take it all in—"

The waters in the jacuzzi suddenly became turbulent. The silent moon and the flowing seas became the witness, the breeze blowing on their hairs, and the edge of the yacht were suddenly filled with noises.

"Cough—"

"Cough—"

"Cough—"

Gradually, the air slowly restored to its usual tranquility, and the calm waves continued their whispers deep into the night.

 

 

 

New Chapter five times a week! (Except Tuesday and Wednesday)

 

23