Chapter 44 Security Formation
1.2k 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a cloudless sunny day, Sett got out of his house and drove to the security company.

Just after a year of retirement, he quickly got bored of his daily life and came out to join an acquaintance's security firm, a private security services contractor.

Two days ago, he was notified that they had a new client, and it was going to be his job.

Sett has been a mercenary for years and had been to many wars for many years. His hand is already so red, stained by so much blood.

But like the others, he felt that he doesn't belong on the battlefield anymore. The picture just kept repeating, and there was nothing new going on that it was getting too bland, so he finally decided to retire.

Also, anything goes in those chaotic warzones, and with just one mistake, he would have to say goodbye to the world.

And another thing was after retiring for a year, he finally found a wife and got married, so going back to the battlefield is not an option anymore.

When his friend recommended him to join their security firm, he quickly accepted the invitation. Later, he found out that many of his fellow mercenaries also worked in the firm, which obviously made it even better.

Security services, that is, being a bodyguard, is not too dangerous, especially in a highly populated city, and the salary is even better than his previous salary in those wars. Why would he decline?

From what he knows, his salary is already higher than most, but this is also because of his excellent achievements, military experience, and a high war count.

Of course, his low profile and respectable personality also added to his great qualities. Someone with a good personality in this profession is rare after all.

You know most mercenaries had seen a lot of things that ordinary people can't even begin to imagine, so their head is a little bit beyond the ordinary.

Honestly, when he read about the client's age, he hesitated a lot, it was because the client was too young, and usually, young people do foolish things that might just be too troublesome.

However, his friend in the same firm told him to check his background information, and if he is still hesitant, he can give the other party a short call.

Before giving him a call, Sett looked through his information. High school graduate, venture capitalist, Hollywood company...

From these details alone, he can probably expect his client to stay in cities that are a lot safer, and he is also a successful venture capitalist, so he might not be too impulsive.

Owns a Hollywood company, this is time-consuming, so he will stay in one place for some time which is good for security.

Finally making his decision, Sett gave him a call. He was surprised that the other party was very respectful, and when he asked what he expects of him, he was straightforward.

Security services, home protection, surveillance, security systems, and many of his concerns were stated clearly.

Having a lot of experience, Sett knew he could easily accomplish this task.

After being told by his friend to not waste this chance since a very high salary like this comes very rarely, he finally chose to accept.

Another reason why he accepted was that he was not the only person to protect his client. Two-person security is already plenty and will greatly lessen the pressure falling on him when a dangerous situation occurs.

After he accepted the job and got his confirmation, Sett was told to wait until two days before the client will be available.

And that day was today.

Sett drove towards Frost Pictures to meet his client. When he got in, he saw that his client was just talking to another person. This should be the other bodyguard. Noticing his presence, they glanced in his direction.

"Hello Sett, you're finally here. This is Kevin. From now on, I will have to rely on you both for my security. If you have any concerns in the future, you can just tell me."

David moved forward and shook Sett's hands while smiling. They had already spoken to each other on the phone and have read each other's information. There is no need for further introduction.

"Please be assured, boss. From this day on, we will definitely ensure your safety."

On the other hand, Kevin is the other bodyguard that David had hired after Allen's recommendation.

He was a famous Hollywood bodyguard, familiar with many situations in Hollywood. He will be in charge of logistics surrounding his security and will be coordinating with Sett to accomplish their task.

Together, they would make a great team—one with extensive combat experience and another who knows how to run around the city.

Now, these two are responsible for his safety.

You should understand that David had just moved to his second life. He doesn't want it to end so fast because someone had some problems with him.

Well, hiring bodyguards are not just for this. Rarely would this scenario happen after all.

For the most part, it will be for the paparazzi. David can already foresee the future of being too high profile, and he will definitely be targeted every time, so this is a precaution.

Sett and Kevin greeted each other with a small nod before looking at David, waiting for his instructions.

"Well, there's nothing much to do for today, you can just wait for me to finish here, and we can return home.

At that time, I will take you around. I want to increase the security of the house so you can give me some suggestions."

David hasn't bought a bigger villa yet, but this is already in his plans. He only needs to get in touch with real estate personnel to find him the right place. Maybe Allen can help since his family does real estate.

Since he hasn't moved to a house with better security and was still currently staying in his hillside villa that screams to the world, 'why don't you come and take a photograph of my private life? It's not like I value privacy or anything'.

Yes, he should definitely purchase a large land and plant many trees in the surroundings so no one would be able to peek through inside.

Take precautions against these annoying cameras. How will he be able to bring ladies at home and have some fun if someone can sneak a photo and publicize it?

His assets will also become bigger and bigger, so he will become too attractive for the media, so the added security will definitely be a great assurance for him.

As for future technology like drones, well, his security will deal with them in the far future.

In the evening, David went back with the two bodyguards. He introduced them to his assistant Charlize who was at home, and let her run them around the house details.

Sett and Kevin whispered in a low volume, observing around and discussing various concerns around his villa. Both of them were using their experience to build David a secure home.

Many technologies had been talked about, including acquiring safety doors, sensors, cameras, and the addition of specific trees and plants to act as barriers in the surroundings.

This matter is very simple for them since they had a lot of knowledge about these technologies and have dealt with many of them in the past.

Just by their observation, they had already imagined many scenarios of how someone could bring trouble to the security of their boss and immediately thought of ways to prevent it.

This went on until midnight before they were asked to rest for the evening.

 

 

 

New Chapter five times a week! (Except Tuesday and Wednesday)

 

17