3 – Mpu Jaya
26 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The room was quiet after Mpu Jay finished scolding Wandrasaya. Wandrasaya just stayed silent and bowed while still maintaining a kneeling position on the floor. Mpu Jaya was a little surprised to see that his stubborn son just stay silent. Usually, Wandrasaya would argue when he was scolded with his stubborn character. Mpu Jaya's anger eased a little when he saw Wandrasaya who seemed to be aware of his mistake this time.

"Stand up, explain to me what your mistake this time." Mpu Jaya said in a gentler tone. He signaled the two maids to continue their task of fanning him in this hot weather. The two ladies looked down and returned to continue their task of fanning Mpu Jaya without complaint. 

Wandrasaya stands and looked at his father. He saw the armrests of the main chair which cracked forming several grooves. He remembers reading something about ancient people who could jump high and have extraordinary strength. He dismissed those claims in his previous life, but now he thought otherwise. If his father beat him up, he was sure that someone from Ghana will come and dance while carrying his coffin.

"Father, forgive me for my mistakes this time. I will obey father's orders and go to Kahuripan Academy to study. Please accept my kowtow, for I  always angered you, father." Wandrasaya said as he dropped on his knees and began to kowtow to Mpu Jaya. He knows that to change his father's view of him, he needs to show an extreme opposite behavior from his past self. After all, it is normal to kowtow to one parent.

Mpu Jaya widened his eyes and shocked, he couldn't believe his eyes. The two ladies also looked at Wandrasaya with a strange look. Is it true that this is still the young master that stubborn and ignorant? Mpu Jaya heard that his son was buried under the rubble from the new tunnel leading to the residence of the new king's palace, King Kertajaya. He was assigned to guard the tunnel by the royal family. When the palace city was attacked by the enemy, the royal family could flee safely to his dominion.

Did the child become filial after his head knocked by the rock? He doesn't care though, now that his son is now being filial to his parents. Maybe what those monks said was true, disaster is a blessing in disguise. Mpu Jaya smiled and stood up from his main chair. He walked to Wandrasaya who was still prostrated and helped him up.

"Alright, the important thing is now you know what your fault and you had changed. I hope you will continue to behave like this after arriving in Kahuripan city. Servant, prepare a feast for me and my son. We need to celebrate my son's change in behavior, hahaha!" Mpu Jaya burst out laughing as he patted Wandrasaya on the shoulder. Wandrasaya felt pain in his shoulder from the pat. Even though Mpu Jaya did not hit Wandrasaya hard, but with this fragile body that never learns martial arts, he felt pain.

Wandrasaya stared at him and saw the difference in the information window before his eyes.

[Loyalty: 70]

It turns out that his father's loyalty has increased by 5 points. This shows that loyalty points are one's trust in him. Along the way, he had seen the information of the gatekeeper and some of the soldiers on patrol, they had loyalties between 15 and 30. The two ladies who were beside his father had loyalties of 15 and 17 previously. But now, their loyalty points have risen to 20 and 24 after he apologized to his father.

Wandrasaya shook his head. The previous owner of the body was a person who did not treat the servants and soldiers who served his family well. He followed his father towards the family dining room. It should be noted that his mother died from giving birth to Wandrasaya and his father vows not to remarry. This large dining room felt cold because there were only two of them.

When Mpu Jaya and Wandrasaya sat down, an old man entered the dining room. He bent one leg and whispered to Mpu Jaya. He knew that this old man was the left hand of his father, Butler Ishanararya. Wandrasaya focused his gaze on this old man and saw the information window before his eyes.

[Name: Ishanararya

Status: Waisya Level 5

Loyalty: 20]

Wandrasaya nodded. He realized that the loyalty of the butler Ishanararya lower than old servant Adyatama because Ishananarya only respected Wandrasaya as the son of Mpu Jaya, nothing more than that. Whereas old servant Adyatama served Wandrasaya's mother until she finally died giving birth to Wandrasaya and then promises to her late mother to serve Wandrasaya for life.

Mpu Jaya nodded and signaled butler Ishananarya to dismissed him from the dining room. The butler Ishananarya bows down and retreats out of the dining room. Not long after, female servants brought many dishes to the dining table. The dishes are served on copper plates, and cutlery such as cups and spoons are made of copper. After the dish was served, Mpu Jaya invited Wandrasaya to eat.

"Son, tomorrow you will go on a trip to Kahuripan. Yesterday, i already said that you must stop at Panawijen village to pick up your future wife, Dedhes. He is a kind and devoted child, very graceful and beautiful. The last time you saw each other when the two of you are 3 years old. At that time, Dedhes already looked very beautiful. You will be satisfied with my choice of a daughter in law. " Mpu Jaya said while eating the food on the table.

"Dad, aren't I too young to get married? Why are you so anxious to see me get married." Wandrasaya protested to his father. He still young, and wanted to explore this strange world. Although he had learned about the history of the Kadiri kingdom, very little is known by future people about this ancient kingdom of Indonesia. Hearing Wandrasaya's words, Mpu Jaya slammed the table.

"You unfilial child, I think you have changed! You just need to obey your father's word! You said you were young? I was married two years younger than you! Father will send Satria Sahasyajaya to accompany you to the city of Kahuripan!" Wandrasaya sighed and helplessly nodded. He forgot that people in ancient times got married when they were 13 years old.

"After you pick up Dedhes, stop by the town of Tumapel on the way. Meet your aunt, Hashi. You haven't seen her in a long time. Give your aunt the silk cloth that was given by the Gujarati merchant the other day. She will be happy to see you with Dedhes." Mpu Jaya nodded his head when Wandrasaya listened to his orders. He is happy with the current Wandrasaya.

0