Page 6: The Juggernaught of the Fantasy world.
235 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Revised: some sentences fixed and probably still have some issues.
Meh... Good enough.

After the sun started rising again our journey continued...
However...

"Uhhh kid... are you alright?
Did you take a bad dump in the woods or something?
You did ate alot yesterday after all." Ralph words spoke some truth.

It's been a while since I ate actual meat that i ate what my small stomach could handle.
My dissapointment was the fact it could only take a few servings.

As for going in the bathroom.
(I got used to it.)

There wasn't much big of a difference aside from the fact that I just had to stare at the blue sky while I did the deed.
Trying to forget that I lost my big brother.

Aside from that...
Dark colors under my eyes were clearly visible as they showed me a mirror,
Not to mention the hot felt even hotter since I had to figure out a way to fight back against that monster.

I didn't care if I didn't wear my hood anymore.
I was tired and used [Bone Craft] to create a bone staff to carry my own weight.

As for the children who was with us...
Their stares were drilling a hole in my head while looking a bit worried.

(I get it! I look cute!
I didn't intend to use this body and face with the intent of having it for myself!
If i knew, I would made a handsome man and aimed for a beautiful young maidens and become their prince charming!
Sadly, my big brother no longer exists so such a dream is no longer possible.)

(At worst, I might remain single for life.)

(As I totally don't feel attracted to the men of this world at all.)
Lit glanced at the two knights in hoods as she thought of these words.

(Totally not!)

[She thought their appearance looked cool at the time they revealed their faces.]

....
-Moving on...-

While I was having an internal monologue Lydia complained to his joke.

"Sir.Ralph have some sense decency in your choice of words, please..." 

As it was indeed pretty crass kind of joke.
Her barrage of complaints shut him up since there were children present.

Regardless this carriage trip looks like it was about to face a bumpy road.
I still haven't even raised the issue of the ogre yet,
Considering it might cause me to be taken lightly as some kind of kid who just wetted her own bedsheets.

How am I suppose to deal with this? My eyes turned to Ralph who is currently too busy getting scolded.

(He can probably figure out a way...)

For now I settled my eyes on the beast master.

The Beast master.
The one who control the Giant bison beast 'thing' transporting us.

If i were to say something about him it would be...
He's pretty chill regarding the fact a little girl is the sorceress of their trip.
A long beared and wrinkly face he looks like around 30-40 years old.

I was told by ralph that those who goes into long journeys like this requires one strong sorcerer and capable warriors who can defend themselves.

That is because of the presence of monsters and also wandering bandits that ambush innocent folks like us.

But the real reason was... some monsters are technically.
Immune to steel and blade such as slimes or the undead.

Sadly, I can't call myself as a real magician since I only know one skill to attack thus far...
Regardless, the beast master probably thought it was powerful enough to be considered as acceptable for the trip.
Since he didn't complain at all.

But the real problem: [The Ogre.]

There's no way this group could take on an Ogre!
The two knights are strong but the Ogre is too much for them especially for me!

While the carriage was moving I began to stand and move towards the front and asked to be seated there.

"Hm?" The beast master took notice of me and grinned.

"So... your our little sorceress huh?
Aren't you a little too brave, little miss to go on a journey like this on your own?
What about your family? won't they get worried?" when he asked such a question.

"Yeah...
It does make sense you would be worried that I'm some kind of ran away brat...
But i'm not!" she retorted cleanly to his words as she turn her head forward gazing at the linear path before her.

"Is this the only road we have?"

"Do you see any other roads?"

"True...
Then what would you do if a big mean giant monster appears?"

"I'll leave it to the knights and you kiddo!
This giant maybe strong but don't be fooled by its appearance.
It's quite gentlier, brave and faster than it appears to be..."

"Isn't a mount that can fight be a better choice?"

"Those type of monsters are often carnivorous and eat a ton of meat.
I don't like losing an arm dealing with such creatures.

This one is a herbivour and cheaper on our weight but its brave enough to ignore a monsters roar.
I also have a few more back in my own home with my family taking care of it. Ka-ha-ha-ha..."

I saw the silver ring in his finger as he talked about it.

Regardless, I'm still thinking of the proper timing to tell him?
We are technically aren't there yet, so I suppose it's safe to ask what it can do...

"Can this giant move any faster?"

"It can..."

"This thing can even out run a giant worm despite being so big."

"Does it also fly?" Lit asks.

"Do pigs fly girlie!?
This thing weighs tons! Ka-ha-ha-ha!" his saliva slapped my face as he enjoyed my joke.

I wished it could fly.

As we had a few joking banter I soon made a serious expression.

"Then...
If you see alot of broken down carriages and dead people.
Could you ignore the wreckage and make this beast run as fast as possible."

I grabbed his left hand and gripped it tightly.
As I said those words while shaking...

"Huh? what are you saying kid? your scaring me." the beast master said as his eyes shook at my words.

"Do it if you want us to survive, You'll soon find out why..." my voice was cracking as I said those words and removed my hand.

He swallowed his saliva and gazed at me with an odd look.
I gazed at the bone staff in my right hand and gazed at the front.

(Since the Soul Strike from the spirit sphere's won't do me any good.)

I gazed at the other skill I had... [Bone Craft]

It might be my best bet if I want us to escape that 'thing'.

...

...

...

"Oi... kid... is there something the matter?" when Ralph asked me this question. who was on the corner of the room.

I gazed at him in honesty, this man has strong ears which means his [Perdex] must be really high.

"Don't tell me, you overheard what I said to the beast master?"

"I did..." he nods with a serious expression.

I deeply sighed I nudged my neck as though I found this situation embarrassing.
I then wiggled my index finger so he lowered his head to hear what I am about to say...

"Things are going to be quite troublesome.
An Ogre that I can't kill will appear, all we can do is out run it." His expression went stiff as he heard it.

"I found a way to buy us some time, but...
We need to be on the run to do that."

He mumbled without voice: "Ogre?" his expression turned pale as his head turned to the carriage.

Most of the group are non-combatants.
Only two are actually real warriors. 
(I'm not even sure if we will survive this encounter.
Hopefully the few knights we have won't jump on it and die a really dumb way.)

It is hard to explain the unnatural, saying ridiculous things like seeing the future would only build more distrust.

Why not just run away?
Because even If i ran away.
I can't survive on my own.
While I am powerful,
I don't know what kind of monster lurks in these lands.

It's like asking oneself to get killed by some alien creature in an uncharted world.

Especially of how fragile this body is...

I don't like gambling nor do I like the feeling of being guilty for running.
I rather keep what I have and use the best of my abilities of what is in front of me.
If I fail this...

(I guess this is just how far I could go...)

I found it strange how my mind could accept this so easily.
Normally one would tremble in fear, knowing that what one would face would be quite a terrifying foe.

I sighed at the thought, my mind was clear and I was focused.
Abnormally focused that I didn't even have any feelings of crying after I got transfered in this world.
Because I adapted too quickly.

It felt strange...
But It also felt normal, I could only accept what is in front of me.

And deal with any problems that comes my way.

The carriage continued on as the sun shone.
I decided to rest and recover my strength while asking Ralph to wake me up when they find signs of destruction of the ogre.

So i went to Lydia and asked her if I could rest on her thighz.
She accepted as I rested on it.

It was soft and comfortable as she carressed my head.
...
...
...

Magic in Lost World has Tiers it goes up to tier 10.

It's labeled besides the the skill of the skill tree and up to the first few skill level.

[Sacrifice Bone] is labeled as Tier 1.

[Soul Strike] is labeled as Tier 2.

Since I got both on level one it's technically my bread and butter.

Then... [Soul Tap] Tier 3.

Still unsure on how to use this ability but skills like this usually synergizes with another ability.

Finally [Bone Craft] Tier 4.

Which is despairing to have at best.

A player cannot choose which skill in this game and its all based on what class one chose.
But the developers made sure that it would teach the player how to use each spell and not simply ignore the rest.
Does that mean the lower tiers are useless?

The answer: No.

Tier 1 and Tier 2 are weaker than higher tiers.

But the cost and speed of being released is faster in comparison to Tier 3 and Tier 4.

Since [Soul tap] is utterly useless right now because of the risks I ignored it for now.
I tested [Bone Craft] and discovered.

It takes three whole seconds to conjure the bones creations.
During the night I woke from the nightmare I tried to unlock more of what I can do with it.

"Bone Craft"

[1] 

[2]

[3] 

*Thud!* A large bone the size of a human man dropped in front of me.
It's weight crushed the ground, despite being 0Wt.

It appears gravity does indeed exists.
But it's weight is dependent on its mass and  size as I made as big as possible.
Of course even if it does have 0.wt in the inventory,
It doesn't mean it was actually weightless.

The weight only applies when it is removed from my inventory.

But another thing I realize is...
Equippable or weapon type has no weight when I wield them...

But when I create object out of it...

The weight returns to normalcy.

Then another thing that popped up.

[Giant Bone has been created.]

[Bone wall has been created]

[Bone Spiked walls have been created.]

[Do you wish to record it?]

I can record the objects and name the things I have crafted.
Another fact I discovered from [Bone Craft] is it becomes more costly and longer to activate.
When I applied and invest more bones to the creation.

"Create Trash"

A bone sword popped up it sacrificed the bones but it doesn't change the fact that this bone sword is trash.

The reason why 'Bone Sword' didn't pop up and wasn't added like the others was simply because it was already recorded.
I tried to think of a why to stop that 'thing' and the only thing I could think of...

I need to block it or stall it at least.

I need to buy us time.

Hopefully it would be enough...

And sooner than I thought...

I was woken from my sleep by Ralph with a frown on his face shook me from my sleep.
"Lit wake up."

The carriage was moving alot faster than before...
We were moving at a fast pace as we saw the bones/corpses and broken carriages.
The hooves of the large beast in front of us was dragging us with quick haste as there was sweat and worry in their eyes.

He then explained the situation to me.
While this was happening,
I prepared the spell on my right hand as a bar appeared above his head.

"One of the warrior proposed to investigate the wreckage.
But I opposed after I told them what you said to me.
They began to recosider investigation."

he was showing a bit of anxiety trying to look cool.

I shook my head.
"Good work... I knew you could do it.
Don't worry... I'll keep us safe." I gave him a thumbs up with my left hand.

(Hopefully.)

I stood up and slowly staggered to move to the front of the carriage where the beastmaster was...
Everyone was sitting and resting I met with the red haired noble boy again, as he nods to me looking a bit worried.
Aware that he is powerless right now...

The two knights who were on the side was on the front seat with the beast master.
They were on look out for the Ogre as both of them stood on each side with the rider on the middle.

I walked towards the three and said.

"Please do not fight it.
We need to run, if possible."

"Ah... little sorcerer.
Can you perchance see a vision of the future?" One of the knights asked.

"No... I had a nightmare."

"What happened in that nightmare?"

"What makes nightmares... to be nightmares?" when Lit asked this question the knight frowned.

I opened the map as there was nothing odd or bleeping just yet...
But as we strode onwards and slowly reached the wide stone bridge up ahead...

*Blip* *Blip*

A red marker showed up.

Then a ferocious creature howled on the left side of the carriage.
"Oh... SHIT!" The Knight shouted with a pale expression.

"There really is an Ogre!" When the Beast master saw the thing coming towards them he shouted at the name of his beast.

"Bessie! GO!" It's large hooves stomped the ground as it's speed rose at such an incredible pace that everyone had to hold unto the sides of the carriage.

"It's going to be a bumpy ride!
Sorcerer! Do yer thing!"

But the angle of where the giant was moving was reaching to ram us...
However... there is no need to worry.

In Lost World, one can prepare a high level spell and can cast it until the right time.
It was nicknamed and called  to be known as as Spell Camping in Guild vs Guild war battles.

It's in favour of skill play when fighting bosses as well, when they are in an invulnerable state.

Because it was too much work timing each second to try and kill a boss while trying to dodge.

QoL[Quality of Life] improvement made the lives of sorcerers easier to use.
This also aided some warriors who did most of the frontal battles and assaults.

I had already prepared the [Bone Craft].

This Craft required 30 seconds and since I couldn't see my own mana I could predict it would tear a large chunk out of it.

Despite having a massive mind stat.
I didn't idle hopelessly during that night as I discovered this fact.

I didn't hesitate and Sacrificed Three thousand Bones in my inventory.
I wanted to burn more but I couldn't risk collapsing here right now.
Nor do I know my limits just yet!

"Oi Kid!" the beast master cried out in a panic.
As the Knights had already their sword drawn ready but their hand shook at the fiend in front of them.

Lit roared at the creature.

"You already killed me once in that dream!"

"Like hell i'll let you do it TWICE!"

The voice was cute yet full of courage, it sounded like I was in some kind of anime.
A magic circle appeared on one hand as she reached out towards it.
Before it could ever reach the carriage, I unleashed it at the right timing.

"BONE CRAFT!"

"Great Wall Of Bones!"

A towering wall of bone the size used by cities appeared under the earth as it covered a large area in the direction of the ogre.

*CRASH*

It's large fist pierced through the wall that was as thick as a castle wall.
But it couldn't reach the carriage, as we moved forward to make escape.

Then a terrorizing shriek from the monster hit us as it roared,
I made sure that the wall had spikes on them for added revenge for what he did to me in the dream.
But all of a sudden I lost strength on my legs, as my vision distorts and my mind slowed to a crawl.

...
...
...

Meanwhile, the giant beast that pulled our carriaged simply moved forward as it ran with its full strength.

"Ah, I thought I was going to meet the goddess today!" The Beast master said as he could no longer feel his legs.

But one of the Knight shook him.

"We aren't out of this place yet!,
Take a darn look!"

The giant creature bull dozed through the wall she had made and with its body battered and bleeding with the bones on its body.
It howled in fury. "GRUUUARRGH" before it poised in all fours and began charging at us like a bull.

"Hey little sorceress!"

But as he turned towards Lit.

He saw the other knight caught her from falling out of the carriage.
She was panting and holding her head  after producing it.

"Oi, kid can you still fight?"

The blonde haired knight slapped her cheeks.

"Are you some kind angel?" she asked while feel dizzy from the after effects.

"Now is not the time for jokes! kid.
That thing is still coming after us."

"Oi Blonde... stop pushing the young lass!
It's clear that she's already out!" the beast master said to him.

"Bessie! it's time for your special treat!"

he pulled out a sack.

As the carriage continued on wards.

"CATCH!" he threw it in front of the beast as it long tongue snagged it in mid air.

It then made a loud noise as though it had eaten hot pepers.

Bull Noises Intensifies.

As he had said...
The speed of the giant beast bison became faster as it charged forward.
The ogre behind them had wounds all over it's body but it's speed seems slower than before.

While this was happening the black haired knight pulled out a bow and arrow from the carriage and started firing at the thing.

"Twack!" *Splatter*

"Tenacious little prick."

Everyone was anxious and afraid of the giant chasing after them.
But it caused even more fear when it roared and moved faster towards them.
This didn't stop the Knight to keep loosing his arrows.

The children including the young noble boy who had only first seen a monster of such ferocity come towards them with blood lust.
As the moved closer to the corner where the beast master was...

While the beast continued to roar, Lit who was in a dazed state slowly regained her senses.
As it woke Lit from her exhausted state then she asked the blond man who was carrying her to move her body behind the carriage where the monster continued its chase.

"Haa... One more... I can do one more spell, Haa..."

Blondie nods as he walked back inside as he watched his fellow knight fire his arrows.

Everyone was now on the edge...
Afraid of the mighty red giant behind them.

But then scenery changes as they reached the bridge.
Piles of broken carriages and broken part can be seen due to the existence of this creature.
This caused those who saw the change grimace.

(Will we become a part of them?) some of them thought.

But a little girl on top of a knights arm made them feel hope.
She was small but powerful, it was already a miracle enough that they survived its first charge.

"I don't have enough magic power to create another giant wall.
So i'll try to block it one more time with something big enough to delay it."

(My MP must be at critically low by now...
That feeling just now was definitely mana crash.)

[A debuff when using too much magic power and causes magician to be in a state of confusion and weakness.]

(But... the experience here is far worse than in the game.)

As the giant soon performed a final assault.
It stomped the ground with all its power making a cracks on the stone bridge as it lounges towards them in mid air.

Lit then grinned and said.

"Your have quite an desperate you big oaf."

"[Bone Craft]"

"[Bone Boulder!] "

Lit had practiced the range of her skill during that night.
Being able to place a bone object at her desired location.
It was needless to say, as someone who had played Lost World for two years as a necromancer.

She was used to such spells as there was similarities in how she summons her own minions.

A giant bone boulder appeared in front of where it flew itself from as it was stopped on its tracks as it crashed into it.
Causing it to break apart, then crashed on the ground like a rag doll.

But it wasn't finished as it grabbed a chunk of debris of the bridge with its right hand and threw it towards them in its fury.

 Notice: [Evasion Mode Triggered.]

Time slowed down to a crawl once again.

(50% chance and it happened again... I got lucky, you bastard!) Lit could help but make a wry smile at her own luck.

[Bone Sacrifice!]

As multiple floating spheres a total of ten appeared in mid air.

(This will be my final move... Ugh, I'm going to be sick.)

"SOUL STRIKE!" she shouted.

Her aim was not the ogre, it was the chunk of debris it threw. 

Time resumed.

*CRASH!*

A large crash of power eminated from behind them as they felt the power of MAGIC and MIGHT clashes with one another...

The beast could only roar from afar as it struck the earth, angry at it's prey as it escaped.

 

16