Chapter 6
99 4 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sleeping through the night was very peaceful... human settlements are much more quiet than the forests are at night. I still woke up in the middle of the night but that's on the occasion of when my owner moves a little bit. Fortunately she doesn't move that much so there's no worry that she'll fall out of bed.

I ended waking up earlier than her as well as my inner alarm tells me it's right now sunrise, the time I'd have to go take care of stuff. Luckily I'm a pet now so that just means I can somewhat sleep in and laze about however I don't want my senses to dull.

I need to ponder how I can retain myself trained enough to the extent I can live in the wild still if anything bad happens? I should plan accordingly and not take this easy life for granted.

I should probably practice magic but the majority of this room is wood, I don't want any mold to result of my training and getting my owner ill inside here. Do I really have to wait?

Would waking her up be appropriate? She's still sleeping in but she doesn't need to farm. Perking up my ears I listen for the outside and I do notice there are movements outside, perhaps the designated farmers are getting ready to cultivate their crops.

My owner's quite fit, she must exercise often enough so she needs a longer and more appropriate amount of rest to relax her body if she and her family ventures out in order to keep their endurance up for whatever tasks are demanded outside the village.

This must be a the downside to being an indoor pet; especially one sleeping next to their owner. I can't really do much and this will hold me back from training. I need to find out how I can do something about this... I really want these doors to have some kind of pet-door which would allow me free entry and exit as I please.

There won't be a way I can communicate this to anyone since I can't speak. Even if I could speak, there's no way I'd understand the language anyways.... what a conundrum this is...

I feel a bit sad, but perhaps I should use this sadness to my advantage. I can control my emotions to an extent, let's see if I can try to guilt my owner to letting me get out somehow? Not that I want to go out, but I want her to find a way to let me in and out of the room or house as I please...

Alright, the plan is set, I should get out of bed and wait for her to 'coincidentally' notice me trying to get out but be trapped and sad.

Sneaking out of my owner's bed, I crawl out of the blanket covering me and get around her body not using the path of the pillow, I then hop down onto the floor.

Fortunately I'm light weight so I didn't make any big sounds on landing carefully on the floor. It's still pretty dark but I can guess where the door is.

I move along the wall trying to find the center of the door with my sense of touch in this darkness and easily find where it is.

Hmm, rather than trying to get out I'll just lay down here and wait. Maybe my owner will understand if she can see me trying to get out, I've behaved well enough right? I should be able to perhaps persuade I want my own way to enter and exit as I please.

I curl up against the side of the door, waiting. It's going to take some time but I'll be patient. I won't starve since that was a nice big meal last night.

Distracting myself with thinking various things to pass the time, it seems light is sneaking in through the gaps of the window and it's a bit easier to see with the little bit of light.

Fortunately the time my owner wakes up seems to be around this time, the sound of her breathing has changed. She's waking up, I'll be able to get out soon. Her inner alarm probably is telling her she needs to get up and out of bed soon enough.

I thought I'd have to wait longer but it seems protecting the town requires people to also still get and wake up early to join those farmers who've already gotten up and left.

Well, thinking about it more, they should be able to run or handle small problems by themselves to an extent if they are not too hopeless.

Rather than acting sad, since I'm too calm now, I'll just show her I want to go out when I noticed and see when she gets up.

I hear her rustling out of bed and she moves around, looking for something, "Fel?~ Where'd you go?". Oh, so the first thing she's checking for is me huh? I'll respond then, I screeched a high pitch out abruptly without knowing the sound of my own voice scaring her.

She jumps a bit from the surprise and quickly turns on the light looking over at me, "F-fel?!~ A-are you okay?" She sounds unsettled, is the voice of my self concerning? I'm not in pain, sorry, I didn't intend on scaring you...

She sees I'm okay so I don't need to worry, her relief settles in and she starts to get up putting her footwear on as she walks over to me, "Oh, good, you're okay Fel... did you want to go out?"

She opens the door for me, allowing me to exit but I simply get up and stay near her wagging my tail as I'm now happy to accompany her instead.

In the case she thinks I'm too interested in going out I might have less of a chance to make her think about the issue of me being enter and exit through a pet door of some kind. I'll just enjoy my life as a pet for her and see what I can manage.

Seeing that I am now circling around her, she giggles a bit and would crouch down to pick me up with her free hand to carry me. I'm taken away as she then walks over to the table to place down and turn off the magic light before she unlocks the window and opens it for more light to come into her room.

She talks again, probably to me, since I feel like she's treating me more and more of a companion, "It's morning Fel. Ready to start our day together?"

I look at her, not giving anymore of a response to whatever she said but I can't help it, if she's asking me something I can't really tell what she is questioning of me.

She simply smiles and resumes her morning, walking out her open door and closing it behind her taking me with her to the dining area.

At the dining room past the hall, my owner and I see that her mother and father are already up, having breakfast together. My owner greets them first, "Mother, father, good morning~ Fel's been a really good boy! He doesn't make any messes at all in my room and he's easy to give a bath."

Her mother replies first, "Good morning Laila. Let me prepare your breakfast." She gets up from her seat not yet finished with her stew in order to prepare some for her daughter. I can smell it and it's just as delicious as yesterday, I hope I can have some too!...

Laila's father replies next, "Good morning Laila, is Fel really that easy to take care of?" I can start to recognize my owner's name is probably 'Laila' at this point, I'll commit that to my memory.

Laila gets closer to the table and places me down before she heads towards the sink as she turns it on to wash her face and keeps talking with her dad, "Yes, really!~ I don't think it's normal, it's like he's been trained as a pet before. Is it okay for me to keep him? You don't think he belonged to a noble before do you?"

Laila's father somewhat groans in contemplation as he looked over at me, "Hmm... I've never heard of any animal that seems like Fel here. It might be best not to just spread information about him around carelessly just in case though. You can keep him as long as you take care of him." I simply have sat down waiting not sure what else to do but I'm trying to listen to them in order to find out more names for now since that's the best I can do with my capabilities.

Laila gets excited as she joyfully shouts out a bit louder, "Thanks, father!~ I'll make sure I take good care of Fel!" Ah, here it is, she said 'Father' again, I'll commit that to memory now too.

Laila's mother comes up handing over a bowl of stew, "Here you go Laila, enjoy your meal." Laila replies back with a thanks before eating after, "Thank you, Mother~". Now I can note 'Mother' as well, good, more words for me to remember. And I think the first thing she's saying is a 'thanks' of some kind? I didn't quite catch that just yet, Laila's brother should repeat this too right?

Just as my thoughts for that had settled in, I hear Laila's brother's footsteps behind me and I get under the table closer to Laila as I turn to face him entering in.

He gives his parents a morning greeting too as I expected, "Father, mother, good morning. Can I have some stew too?" This settles the words Mother and Father I had guessed of, but I couldn't differentiate which word is morning for now.

His mother answers first having been requested, "Of course Rolth." I record the name 'Rolth' as Laila's brother now. Good to know, I've managed to learn their names today at least. Still unsure of their mother and father's actual names yet though.

Rolth walks over to the magic sink just like Laila did, washing his hands and then face waking up to the morning. He turns off the magic faucet and goes to sit down at the table and I feel like I want to also have a meal so I head over to try notify Laila.

I managed to make Laila look down at me as she would ask her mother to give me a plate of food too, "Mother, can Fel have another plate today? He seems to want some more of your stew as well. Please?~"

Neither Laila's mom nor I can see each other so I don't know where she's looking but she faced Laila's direction to agree, "Okay. If he's not sick I guess it's fine for Fel to eat some too." She would get a plate I used yesterday to pour some stew, vegetables, and a little bit more meat cubes than the previous time.

I turn over to see Laila's mother walking over, first handing over a bowl to Rolth above the table as I hear the bowl being placed down on the table; but after that I'm fortunately also given a meal as this time Laila's mom crouches down to hand me the plate as she chides me playfully, "Here you go little one... you're lucky that Laila cares for you so much." I can see her smiling gently at me so I silently wag my tail as I wait to eat the delicious stew again.

After Laila's mother got back up, I sniff away at the stew again, trying to cool it down a bit with whatever minuscule air my nostrils can blow against it in an attempt to chill it. It's a bit hotter on the warm side this time but I don't want to burn my tongue against like last evening so I'll wait it out a bit more.

5