Chapter – 14 – Horndogs, horseshoes, and handholding
714 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was rather interesting trying to get directions to the nearest blacksmith or more specifically, according to Tah'Styr, the nearest farrier. We stopped by a merchant's stall who was selling toiletries procuring ourselves some tooth bristle-brushes, cleaning paste; and our very own soap slime-in-a-jar, with an accompanying jar of Jasmine fragrance oil. We asked him directions to the nearest farrier and pointed us to the guilds district across town. Each time we got lost trying to navigate the winding roots of the city, we asked a local for aid, they would always point us in the direction to the farthest end of the town. That is until we stopped an Orc as we were heading in direction the previous "guides" gave us.

 

"Farrier? zen you want Ze Luminescent Forge. It's in ze Souzern Market wiz a noticeable sign out front. Can't miss ze hammering from ze street."

 

Thanking the French? Orc, we backtracked to the market and followed our ears to the Southern Market. The [Map] function made the winding labyrinthine streets child's play to navigate back.

With the knowledge of the, apparently secret, smithy we were able to get proper directions from random citizens we asked. The people still gave us odd looks when we asked specifically for it and, in one case, outright refused to speak further upon hearing the name.

We started to have serious doubts about the credibility of the Luminescent Forge by the time we finally could hear the hammering of metal over the sound of the still busy evening. In but a few more yards we found ourselves outside the source of the clanging and banging, faces flush not entirely from the exertion but partially due to the fact that our hands have been clasped together since I first helped her off the bench. Instead of pulling away our hands from the outright lewd PDA, we squeezed each other's hands in affirmation before finally entering the relatively small business.

The ringing of the bell attached to the door was barely heard over the sounds associated with an active forge, but it was still audible enough to alert the worker who eventually stopped the hammering with a terminating sound of spontaneous quenching of whatever piece they were working on.

We got to the front counter of the relatively barren and tiny room moments before the door behind it opened, revealing a verdant brick-house of amazonian design sporting two distinct tusks astride full ruby lips. Long Inky black coils of hair were held out of her face by what could only be called a red durag by my modern lexicon. Despite her rather loose-fitting clothes and heavy leather apron, her pronounced curves were apparent and her exposed arms showed she has experience with dealing with heavy objects. Though her body and height of around six-and-a-half feet tall were quite surprising, what was truly striking was her irises; her neon red irises. -If they were any brighter shade of red, I'd call them phosphorescent.- She showed us a smile that lit up her face as she took off her heavy leather gloves.

 

"Hello, and welcome to ze Luminescent Forge! I'm Lunette, how can I help you zis evening?"

 

We didn't reply, too awestruck by how despite her appearance her voice was soft and airy.

We stood there for a bit longer before Lunette's smile drew down into a contemptuous frown. She reached into one of her pouches at her hip and pulled out a hand-rolled cigarette and lighter then proceeded to light it and suck in a deep lung full before letting it out in a big humpf.

 

"So, are you just going to stand Zere like a bunch of idiots or are you going to order somezing? I might not have many orders to do, but I won't be wasting my time with rude gawkers."

 

"*Ahem* I do apologies. We are not used to seeing Orcs and your quite stunning appearance, despite the humble apparel, had left my partner Onimous and I rather speechless."...

Charisma - 7 -

...She let out a sharp and abrupt laugh.

 

"Ha! Good one. First time someone used flattery to insult me. I'll let you still order somezing because of zat, now hurry and make your order. My patience can only be pushed so far."

 

"O-okay... We were wondering if you were a farrier for races with hooved feet. I am in need of a good pair for future dealings."

 

Lunette leaned over the counter, almost seeming to loom over us, with her brow lowered in a glare. She peered at Tah'Styr's dark hooves for a few moments before righting herself.

 

"Well you are in luck. I have dealt with many Satyrs and the occasional Centaur in my time as a smiz. I should have a few shoes already made zat would fit you with a few adjustments.

Follow me into the back so I can get you out of here quickly."

 

We were led into the back, which allowed us to see an odd sight. Tools of war were lined up next to heelless-hooker boots with those lined next to farming equipment; Tah'Styr was beaming while I was left confused.

 

"I can do eizer full coverings with removable shoes or leg wraps with permanent shoes. I can only guarantee zat ze full coverings are water resistant but I have heard zey are not as comfortable as ze leg wraps. Pros and cons for boz."

 

We were still in the doorway when Tah'Styr spun towards me. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me into a deep kiss that for a moment just made me forget about all of the craziness that we have experienced in the past hours as I reciprocated. The Isekai, the genderbending, turn-based combat, fantasy species, Rpg system, all of it was utterly forgotten by Tah'Styr's warm embrace. I wanted nothing more than to let myself sink into her yet as abruptly as her tender kiss came, she pulled away. I finally remembered how to breathe as I stared into those azure jewels that were her eyes. For the briefest of moments, I could have sworn I saw them glow a faint blue.

 

"...W-Wow..."

 

"Th-That was to hold you over while you w-wait out there... I-I won't take too long to pick out your sur-surprise..."

 

Her stammering and blushing face just...just made my heart melt. She couldn't even keep her eyes on me as she still held me close.

Yet, as if it's her thing now, She brought me to see the gates of heaven... only to push me into the bowels of hell. With a somewhat gentle shove, I was kicked out of the showroom, and consequently out of her loving arms.

The door closed in front of me and I turned around to survey the front room of the store. Turns out the reason for it being almost barren was that it is a waiting room.

 

"*haah* it's just like going clothes shopping with mom... just with no phone or handheld to keep me occupied...Fuuuuck."

 

I picked one of the benches that lined the walls and sat my emotionally blue-balled self down. I looked around a bit and spotted a book on an end table.

Picking it up I started to flip through it and found that it was actually a catalog for this place. Each page having its own detailed illustration of a product that Lunette makes and all of their common optional modifications with their accompanying price. Sword hilt: size, material, detail work; one-handed, two-handed, hand-and-a-half, Shape of the hilt, etc. The options listed meant that a single item, outside of commonly bought miscellaneous items, ordered from her would rarely, if ever, have a duplicate. The fact that she illustrated the book made my view of the Verdant giant go up by several notches.

 

"*heeh*Well... time to pass the time."

21