6. Day four
7.7k 63 171
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sigh... I couldn't continue my projects yesterday thanks to the admiration and the questions of my sisters, my mother and my father... My father was especially insistent on learning everything he could about how to make fire.

 

He looked proud of me for some reason and called me a "Shaman." I don't know how to feel about that...

 

I asked a few more questions to my father and... It turns out that the goblins that knew how to make fire were all completely exterminated by those wolves. He said that it was a regret of his not learning how to set up a fire when he had the opportunity...

 

I couldn't do anything more than teaching my tribe about how to make fire for the rest of the day. It was tough... No, I don't want to talk about it. I will just say that my hands almost got burned at least three times... Thanks a lot, Ya.

 

Anyway, today I found myself with a particular problem... I think I'm about to go through puberty... I should be around 11 years old in human standards.

 

I'm starting to feel strange, you know? My voice sounds a bit croaky... I also got taller. I am 62 cm now. My blonde hair has also gotten longer. There's also the changes down there that are a bit hard to ignore...

 

It doesn't help much that I'm naked... Yes, I have only realized that now.

 

For that reason, I decided to go out on my own to get some leather or something to cover my indecent self...

 

It was early in the morning, so not even my parents were up. It was a bit difficult to escape from the goblin cuddly pile though...

 

So while I walk through the forest, I will tell you about the things I was planning to do yesterday before I was interrupted by my relatives.

 

You see... My sisters fed me a lot of those horned rabbits, right? Well, I was planning to make some spears with their horns. I was also planning to use the horns to reshape stones and make some actual tools.

 

The problem with that is that I will need something to hold them together, like some vines or anything like that. Something which, sadly, I don't have.

 

Once I can make those tools, I will be building a wall on the immediate area of the cave. That would increase our safety against our possible predators.

 

There's a lot of things that I would like to make like: beds, clothing, better weapons and medicine... That's all I can think for now.

 

Countless smells were invading my nostrils. I could hear the birds singing while resting on the trees. There were some mushrooms at the base of the trees.

 

Hmm... I wonder if they are edible... No, I won't try anything stupid... I don't want to meet the bitch goddess again after such a short time...

 

I continued walking through the forest, until a familiar smell made me turn my head.

 

"Boar..."

 

I think I can kill one, but the problem is carrying it back... I mean, I could make something like a sleigh to drag it back to the cave...

 

Fuck it! Let's leave those details for later! Let's have breakfast!

 

I started to run on all fours while following the smell of the boar. I was going through the forest quite rapidly... It didn't take too much time for me to find the boar... He was eating some grass peacefully.

 

As soon as I spotted the boar, I stopped running and then crouched... I prepared my makeshift knife and tried to approach as stealthily as possible...

 

But... I ended up crushing a twig...

 

The boar immediately turned its head and noticed me...

 

Crap...

 

The boar quickly tried to escape. Of course, I wouldn't let my prey go, so I ran towards him as fast as I could.

 

It was a bad idea...

 

"How is that fucker so fast!?"

 

I thought, I was really fast myself but... The boar is way to fast! I can't keep up with it!

 

I lost sight of the boar, but luckily, I managed to follow the trail left by boar. That was until I saw something that shocked me...

 

I had arrived to a clearing... There was nothing but a small wooden house in the middle of it.

 

Thanks to that, I completely forgot about the boar... But now, there was a new worry on my mind... Is there any people inside? Will they attack me on sight? What do I do?

 

I was on alert mode thanks to those worries...

 

Calm down Ru... First, let's do some reconnaissanse.

 

If there's really some people in there, I should be able to smell them or hear sounds coming from the wooden house... I can't hear anything...

 

There's a window on the side of the hut... Let's try something.

 

I grabbed a small pebble and threw it towards the window after aiming it carefully... It missed...

 

"I need to work on my aim..."

 

After several failed attempts, I managed to hit the window with a pebble.

 

Now... If someone is living there, they should go to examine that window... Yeah, it didn't happen. I stood there, hiding behind some bushes waiting for any kind of sign that there were people inside the hut...

 

Hmm... What do I do? What if the people who live there are out hunting but they suddenly return when I'm nearby? This is difficult...

 

You know what? Screw it! I'm gonna go inside the hut! YOLO! Huh? I guess YOLO doesn't make sense anymore since this is my second life...

 

Anyway! I walked towards the hut while still being mindful of my surroundings.

 

I managed to safely arrive at the door of the hut... Once again, I tried to hear any noise coming from the inside but I couln't hear anything at all... Hopefully, the hut is abandoned.

 

I had to jump to reach the handle of the door... Being so short is not easy... I pushed the door opened with all of my goblin might.

 

The smell of rotten flesh immediately invaded my nostrils... I almost puked...

 

"Man, what the hell!? Who died here...?"

 

The insides of the hut were quite simple. The hut seems to have two or three rooms besides the one where the entrance is.

 

"Pardon the intrusion!" I said as I went into the hut.

 

The room where I am currently at must be the living room. There's a couch, a table with a bunch of chairs and several bookshelves. There's also a wide variety of paintings of landscapes, they are pretty. There's also a fireplace.

 

I sat on the couch to confirm if it was comfortable or not...

 

"I think I can get used to this..."

 

I have been sleeping on the floor for my whole life now (3 days)... My back deserves to enjoy this...

 

After a few minutes enjoying the comfortable couch, I got up and started exploring the rest of the hut.

 

I opened up a door and walked into the kitchen. There were a few ingredients and grains on some of the tables. There were several cabinets attached to the wall on top what seemed to be a faucet... Besides that, there's seems to be an oven... I wonder how can I turn that on?

 

Ah... There's another door on the other side of the kitchen. I'll investigate that soon.

 

"Damn! The person who made this lived like a king!"

 

I went to check the drawers that were underneath the sink since I couldn't reach the cabinets... Being so short is becoming a problem...

 

The drawers contained everything I need to cook proper meals. Pans, small pots, big pots, silverware... There's also butcher knives, bread knives and cheese knives.

 

This is heaven!

 

I almost started dancing from joy after this marvelous discovery!

 

"Now... I'm curious to know what's behind that door."

 

I walked over to that door and jumped to grab the handle... I pushed with all my goblin might to open it. It was an empty pantry...

 

"Well, you can't have them all..."

 

I shrugged at the sight of the empty pantry before returning to the living room.

 

After that I opened another door... This particular door led into a bathroom. The thing is... It looked like one from Earth... I mean, there's a shower and bathtub. There's also some open cabinets that have a bunch of bottles inside of them. Those bottles are filled with liquid... It must be soap or shampoo.

 

Oi... Are you serious? The one who built this hut is from Earth? No, it must be a coincidence...

 

I didn't explore the bathroom and went directly for the final room.

 

I opened the door only to find a mix of a studio, a library and a bedroom. The stench from before was coming from this room.

 

I walked to the inside to explore it... I was completely shocked at what was waiting for me there.

 

There was a woman resting on top of a bed... She was the source of the stench...

 

She has long blonde hair, she's very tall and has perfect facial features, her breast are... Enormous! She also has... Pointy ears... She looks extremely young... She could easily pass as a high schooler.

 

I think this woman is an elf... The problem is... I think she's dead.

 

I hope I'm wrong about it, but if I'm wrong I might have a new problem... How will she react when she notices a tresspasser goblin on her bedroom?

 

I gulped and walked over to the elven woman that was resting on the bed...

 

"Excuse me..."

 

There was no response... The elven woman was not breathing...

 

I grabbed her hand...

 

"Cold..."

 

Her skin was way too cold... She had been dead for awhile now...

 

But when I was about to let go off her hand... A pale blue light was being emitted from her body. Her body was glowing... Soon, the light became unberable for my eyes and it blinded me temporarily.

 

I suddenly felt how something was entering my body... The blinding light immediately disappeared.

 

When I regained my vision, I noticed that the woman was no longer on the bed...

 

"Huh? Where is she?"

 

Great, we now have a dead body on the run... A zombie elf? I'm a bit scared now...

 

I looked around the room but there was no signs of the dead elven woman... The stench was also gone.

 

"Man, what was that all about? Was she an illusion or something? Maybe it was made to scare tresspassers?"

 

Whatever she was, she's gone now.

 

I then noticed a strange staff standing in the corner. The staff is made out of wood and has some emeralds and a large blue jewel embedded into its body.

 

"It seems extremely valuable."

 

I walked towards the staff and then touched it... The staff was immediately absorbed into my hand... The staff disappeared in its entirety.

 

"Okay... This is starting to get creepy... Am I going to absorb everything I touch in this place?"

 

Hmm... But I touched those utensils on the kitchen and nothing happened...

 

It is settled... That elven woman and that staff were just an illusion to scare intruders! Or perhaps this is a ruse from that bitch goddess to mess up with me and have a laugh...

 

Time for my daily prayer!

 

"HAHAHA! Screw you bitch, I didn't fall for your tricks! Better luck next time, bitch!"

 

Ah, that was nice!

 

Anyway, I should start looking for things that could become useful to make some clothing.

 

I noticed that there was a closet besides a desk on one corner of the room. I walked towards the closet but a book on top of the desk caught my attention...

 

I moved the chair that is directly in front of the desk and sat on it...

 

I decided to inspect the book. The first thing I took a look at, was the cover. The cover had some strange symbols drawn on the center.

 

"These symbols are... I think they are from Earth..." I was dumbfounded...

 

There's no doubt, I have seen these symbols before... They are from a language I don't understand, but they are definitely from Earth! I'm convinced!

 

I opened the book and then examined the first page... I was completely shocked at what I read...

 

Everything was in perfect English...

 

It said:

 

<Hello! My name is Airi. If you're capable of reading this, I guess I must first say... Nice to meet you, my fellow earthling!>

 

That was the first thing written on the first page... It still continued a bit below...

 

<I'm struggling a bit on what to tell you about first... Ah, I guess I should start telling you a bit about myself. Like I said before, my name is Airi. I was from Japan... That was until I was reincarnated here by the Gods or whatever they call themselves like.>

 

So I was right... It was written by someone from Earth... Someone like me...

 

<I was reincarnated as an elf. My new name is Silvia. I was raised in a land far away from where you found this diary. I was taught about magic, combat, new languages and the STATUS system. That must be familiar word to you, right? Ah... We will have the time to talk about that later... You see... I started writing this diary in order to not forget about my former home.>

 

So she was the elven woman from before...?

 

I felt shivers down my spine as I read the strange book...

 

<I also wrote this with the hopes that I would someday find someone from my former world. I guess I managed to do it, since you're reading this. Or maybe I didn't... Maybe I just wasted precious time on this... Sorry, that was a bit unnecesary.>

 

Was this person alright? I feel sad just from reading this...

 

<Okay! Let me tell you the story of my life! Where to start...? I guess I'll start from the end. I was in high school when my life on Earth ended. I remember that I appeared in the Divine Realm of a Goddess called Arrat. At first, I thought it was pretty cool to meet a genuine goddess. I also thought she was pretty hot! Her breast were big... And I don't mean it like they were big and that's it, no I mean that it should be impossible for someone to be that size!>

 

Another goddess... It was not Electra? Maybe it was one of her sisters?

 

I continued to read the diary of Airi... She continued to describe the breasts of the Goddess Arrat for at least three pages... At one point, it said: "Her breast breasted breastily whenever she moved!"

 

The fuck does that mean?

 

<Sorry! I got a bit off topic! Anyway, where was I...? Right, reincarnation! The Goddess, told me that she brought my soul to this world in order to become a hero or whatever. She said that I would be free to do whatever I wanted as long as I defeated the Demon King. That's pretty cliche, isn't it? I felt like I was inside of an anime!>

 

It was just like the Bitch Goddess said... People from Earth are being reincarnated as heroes to fight a Demon King...

 

I was now completely immersed into the book.

 

<Well, I didn't have much choice but to accept. I was dead already. Huh? You want to know how I died? There's no way I can tell you that! At least take me to dinner first!>

 

I have the feeling that this person is... Odd...

 

<Anyway, I did exactly as I was told by the Goddess and I defeated the Demon King! It was pretty easy to be honest. After that, I was free to do whatever I wanted. Since I reincarnated into an elf, I had around three to four thousand years to do as I pleased. The result? A PRETTY FUCKING BORING LIFE!>

 

She defeated the Demon King... Damn, those elves really live for a long time. I guess the stereotype was true.

 

<I mean, living for a long time is fine, but it tends to get boring really fast... It also didn't help that I was known as a heroine all over the world thanks to the Goddess. I wasn't able to make any genuine friends since everyone recognized me almost immediately. I guess it also didn't help that my title and nickname were "The Calamity Witch.">

 

Airi, or rather, Silvia started a seven page long rant about her not having genuine friends...

 

I had a lot of conflicting feelings about this whole ordeal... I was also panicking a bit because I didn't know what happened to her body when I touched her hand... HELP! I don't understand what's happening!

171