7. The talents of the tribe
7.5k 38 178
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I have almost finished reading the diary of Silvia, the dead elven woman that suddenly disappeared when I touched her hand... She's also a reincarnator from Earth, just like me.

 

I'm gonna be honest... She was a weird person.

 

She supposedly wrote that diary to keep her memories from Earth and to have connection with someone from Earth who happened to read her diary... She didn't write much about that. She mostly wrote about her rants of not having true friends or writing details about the qualities of her future soulmate...

 

No... I don't think I want to talk about it... Trust me, you don't want to know.

 

She didn't mention why she moved into this hut or what she was doing here... But she did left an interesting comment hidden between her rants.

 

<I do not recommend trying to go back to Earth. There's no way back. Give up. If you meet someone who wants to try to go back, stop that person. I really mean it. Just enjoy your life here, it will be better for everyone...>

 

That was her final message... Well, it is not like I could try even if I wanted to. I'm a goblin and a child on top of that.

 

I closed my the book after finally reading and understanding all of the information left by Silvia. It was not much, but it's something. There were other books on top of the desk, but I couldn't read them at all. I think that those other books belong to this world.

 

"Well, time to get what I came here looking for."

 

I got off the chair and walked towards the closet. I managed to open it without too much effort. There were tons of clothes inside...

 

I'm sorry Silvia, I think I saw your underwear...

 

I apologized in my mind to Silvia.

 

Anyway, I grabbed some clothing and throw it on the ground.

 

I started tearing them apart... It didn't take long for me to make a nice loin cloth and a makeshift shirt to cover my torso.

 

"Ahh... Finallly some clothing. I don't need to expose myself anymore, thankfully."

 

Now what to do...? This hut changes everything. I mean, I could bring my family here and use this as our new home but... I don't think they will feel safe living in the center of a clearing. With the cave, you can at least be sure that you won't get attack from anywhere other than the entrance...

 

Hmm... I guess it is no use... I'll take the kitchen utensils, any tools hanging around, Silvia's diary, and the teared up clothing back to the cave. Yeah, let's do that. But the question is... How? There's too much for me to carry...

 

Hmm...

 

Just when I was thinking of what to do, I suddenly heard some footsteps...

 

Hm? This smell...

 

"Ru, are you there?" A feminine voice called me from the living room.

 

Phew... I got a bit scared... Those footsteps belonged to my sisters.

 

"Yes, I'm here. Come in!"

 

That was a bad move... I heard them running towards this room...

 

Time for another prayer.

 

"Bitch, If I survive this, I might stop insulting you... JK! I will insult you either way, bitch. You suck by the way."

 

Ah... Another nice prayer before my inevitable demise...

 

Before I was able to process things, I was surrounded by all of my sisters... They had all grown up more just like me. I think they all should be around 12 to 13 years of age in human standards.

 

I was suddenly hugged by one of them... I was my sister Na. She's 67 cm tall. Her hair is red and short. Her eyes are golden... Yes, I'm not kidding. It looks great!

 

"Ru! Why did you leave!?" Na was panicking.

 

I noticed that the majority of my sisters were pouting... It seems like they weren't happy that I left without saying anything.

 

"Mama, Papa and the others were worried! We were worried!" My sister Gi said with an unhappy expression.

 

Gi is smaller than me. She's 59 cm tall. Her hair is extremely long and purple coloured. Her eyes are the same colour as her hair.

 

"Ru... Naughty..." Mi only said those words... She looked like she was mad at me...

 

"I'm sorry... I didn't want to wake up any of you... I had something that I wanted to work on." I pointed at my newly made loin cloth and makeshift shirt.

 

"That is not an excuse!" Ya said while pouting.

 

"Ru! We are a tribe! Either we do things together or we don't do them!" La said with an annoyed expression...

 

Damn... I guess I really made them worry... That's my bad...

 

"I'm sorry... I didn't think you would get so worried about me..."

 

I ended up in the center of a large group hug.

 

Man, having siblings is awesome! Having someone who worries so much about you is just heartwarming... I guess they will always have my back... I'm deeply moved!

 

"Ru must be punished." Mi said while clinging to my arm.

 

"Must be punished!" My sisters said in unison while nodding in agreement...

 

Ehh? They are still mad? But, I apologized... I guess I deserve it for making them worry...

 

"Please have mercy on me." I told them with a fearful expression.

 

"Ru was bad... There will be no mercy for Ru." Mi had that look of silent anger...

 

Now I'm scared... I need to save myself somehow... I don't want to get punished...

 

Oh? How about I make some clothes for them? Will that perhaps save me from this predicament?

 

"Actually... I was also here because I wanted to make a gift for all of you..." I said while making some puppy eyes to distract them.

 

C'mon, acting talents of mine, don't fail me now!

 

It worked! My sisters previously angered or annoyed expressions had turned into embarrassed expressions. Hehehe! Being the little brother sure is convenient!

 

"Is it meat?" Ya asked with excitement.

 

Ya... We eat meat everyday...

 

"No. I was planning to make you some clothes like the ones I'm wearing."

 

Well, I'll just be using Silvia's torn out clothing to make some loin cloths or makeshift shirts. That's all I can do for now...

 

"Ru will not be punished." Mi said with a smile.

 

Yahoo! I'm saved!

 

I was not saved... I had to spend an hour or two making clothing for my sisters... At one point, they decided to play around with the remaining clothes of Silvia... More especifically, her underwear...

 

Ya was wearing Silvia's panties on her head... Mi was messing up with Silvia's bras... She was looking angrily at them because they were apparently "Too big."

 

La and Na found some robes and they said that we could use them as a blanket for our cuddly pile... I guess that is not so bad.

 

Gi, on the other hand was not messing up with Silvia's things, but she found a basket underneath the bed. We can transport all of these things back now! Gi made me pat her head... She looked so happy for some reason...

 

It was a bit chaotic until we managed to get back to the cave...


We returned to the cave after my sisters got bored of playing with Silvia's belongings. All of them finally have some clothing. Ah, we stopped for some snacks on the way before returning to the cave.

 

Man, those horned rabbits really taste good! But I can't help being worried, since we are killing them in such a short amount of time... Won't they go extinct?

 

We also managed to hunt a boar on our own! It is surprisingly easy to hunt with a group rather than solo... I think I will start hunting with my sisters to make things easier. I think I will cook that boar later with the utensils I borrowed from Silvia's house.

 

I also thought that I could try to do some leather tanning but... I don't know where to start. I know that tanners use the brains of animals in the process... It sounds a bit gross.

 

I will refrain from doing that for the time being.

 

Anyway, I am currently crafting some spears.

 

Using a combination of the horns of those rabbits, some rags that I got from Silvia's clothes to tie those horns, and few long decently sized and robust sticks, I managed to make some spears. No, it was not easy...

 

I broke several sticks and some rags because I didn't tie the horns properly or because some of the sticks were not durable enough. After some trial and error, I finally was able to make a decent spear after an hour or so.

 

I even gained three skills out of it...

 

<SYSTEM: The skills: "Crafting", "Tailoring" and "Armed Combat: Spear" has been added to the user's STATUS.>

 

I mean, it makes sense for me to get the first two, since I was making some makeshift clothing for my sisters and now I'm making the spears. The last one, I don't really get why I got it... I only thrusted the first spear I made towards the trunk of a tree to test how durable it was...

 

Well, I'm not going to complain. I will use these skills I gained to raise the quality of life for my tribe and family.

 

Hmm... Perhaps I could try to make my sisters learn "Armed Combat: Spear" as well... That would beneficial for our hunts... Yeah, I think I will try it later.

 

"Ru... Let me eat the boar..." Ya was pouting... She was looking at our previous catch with dangerous eyes.

 

"Not yet, Ya. Please be patient. I promise I can make it one hundred percent more tasty."

 

"More tasty...? But I'm hungry now..." She looked conflicted...

 

Ah... Can't be helped.

 

"I'll do whatever you want if you are patient."

 

"Okay!" Ya started smiling... She's too easy to please.

 

Sigh...

 

I turned to my right to supervise Na.

 

"Ru, I made another one! Take a look!" She gave me a finish spear.

 

I applied some pressure to the spear but the stick is robust enough so It won't break just like that.

 

"Good job, Na. It is a good spear."

 

"Hehehe!" Na smiled after being complimented. It was really adorable the way her sharp fangs were poking out.

 

To be honest, I think Na is a better crafter than I am... She managed to make a good spear on her first try. I don't know if it is because she's older than me or because she has talent. Either way, I think that's really cool! I won't be the only crafter for our tribe!

 

I continued to make some more spears with the help of Na and with the occasional comment of Ya telling us that she was hungry.

 

"Ru, we are back."

 

Mi, La and my other sisters had returned with big pots full of water.

 

While we were hunting the boar, we managed to find a spring. The water from there was pure and clean, so it should be safe to use and to drink.

 

"Thank you very much." I smiled at my sisters.

 

All of them immediately smiled back, showing their sharp teeth... It looks like seing a shark smiling.

 

"Please take those pots to the fire, I will be there in a second."

 

Mi and La nodded and walked away with the rest of our sisters.

 

"Na, would you keep making more spears? I call you when we are about to eat."

 

"Okay! Give me more headpats when I'm done!" Na seemed really excited about the headpats...

 

"Of course... Ya, please come and help me."

 

Ya nodded and wrapped her arm around mine as soon as I stood up. The two of us walked towards the place where I had made the first campfire.

 

I had asked my mother and father to do some work around it... It now looks like a proper hearth.

 

They used two large and robust logs and placed them on both sides of the campfire. The ends of those logs were cut and were left like a Y-shaped tip. A third log was hanging over the campfire thanks to those other two logs.

 

Ya helped me hang a large pot filled with water on the log that is hanging over the fire. I will make some soup.

 

When we arrived, I was immediately greeted by my father.

 

"Ru, I already skinned the boar, now what?" He asked with his usual serious expression.

 

I could see the hide of the boar near my father, it was on the ground. It seems like he also drained the blood... I could see a pool of blood on a hole nearby.

 

Oh! What a dependable father! That was quick!

 

"Thank you! Now we just need to cut up the meat in small chunks and then we will cook it on boiling water."

 

My father looked at me in confusion...

 

"Isn't it easier to eat it like this?"

 

My old man has no idea of what he's talking about... He's about to taste the glory of cooked meat!

 

"Just leave it too me, papa!"

 

Yes, I also call him like that. It is a bit embarrassing...

 

I got close towards one pots filled with water and washed my hands. I even used some soap I brought from Silvia's bathroom.

 

After that I grabbed one of the butcher knives I borrowed from Silvia's place. I immediately started to cut the meat into sections and those sections into chunks. Those chunks went into some small pots for storage.

 

The organs were a bit tricky... More especifically, the intestines... I mean, I could make a dish with that if I had modern equipment but... I don't feel like I could do it with our current tools.

 

Ya was already having a tantrum since she was really hungry, so I gave her the remains of the boar. She was dancing in joy when I told her that... My father seemed to be a bit jealous... He also wanted some meat. Sorry about that dad.

 

"Ru, the water is making bubbles." La said as she was watching the pot.

 

"Thanks La. I'll be there in a second."

 

I was sorting out the pieces of meat and the organs that I had placed on the pots...

 

"Ru, taste this. It is good." Mi shoved something into my mouth...

 

What the...!? Tasty... It is a bit salty but it tastes good.

 

I looked at Mi... She was holding several things on her hands. herbs, seeds and nuts.

 

"These are tasty. I only took the things that didn't smell weird..." Mi had a proud expression.

 

Hmm? Could it be that we can detect poisonous things with our sense of smell? That's good to know! I'll try that as well later.

 

"Mi, throw that into the pot. It was really tasty."

 

Mi nodded in agreement and threw everything into the boiling water. She returned to my side and started watching me work, just like Ya.

 

"Okay... It shoud be good to go now..."

 

I brought the meat to the boiling water and threw it in there. I spent an hour or so watching this boiling water become into tasty soup. I forgot to mention that I added some of the bones into it a few minutes after I added the meat..


Oh boy! The soup was incredibly good! The meat was so soft and so tasty... I wish we had some actual salt or some other seasoning but those nuts really did the trick!

 

Hmm? My relatives? They devoured everything... I could only have two bowls... Ah, yeah. We also borrowed some wooden bowls from Silvia's place.

 

Man, I'm really thankful that she let me borrow her stuff. After all, she can't say no if she's dead!

 

Okay, that could be misunderstood... But you get my point!

 

"Ru, tasty soup!" Mi looked at me and smiled in approval.

 

"I want to eat this every day!" Gi smiled warmly.

 

"That was great..." Ya was rubbing her belly.

 

"Ru, let's make more soup tomorrow!" La was cheerful.

 

"Ru, I want to make more things! It was fun!" Na seemed to have liked her new job as a crafter.

 

The rest of my sisters were also quite satisfied with the results of my cooking. The adults were flabbergasted.

 

"Making such a thing... We can feed all of us and have something this tasty... This changes everything!" The woman named Ka said.

 

"Hehehe! Aren't you jealous of my Ru? Isn't he a big and strong goblin?" My mother smiled while looking at me. She seemed to be really proud of me...

 

I just made some soup... Other people make this all the time.

 

My father patted my head... He also seemed very proud of me.

 

"Ru, I know that the tribe will thrive thanks to you. I'm proud of you."

 

I'm not going to lie... I did get a bit embarrassed thanks to them complimenting me so suddenly... My green cheeks had suddenly turned completely red.

 

Man, having a big family is great!

178