Book 1: Act I Scene 22 First match begins
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 22

First match begins

In white empty room, there was a sudden silence. Gillua loosen the grip in his hand when he saw Shinji grabbing his arm lightly. He stepped back staring at him. He moved as an instinct. Shinji's eyes were determined to fight. There weren't any pressure, but Gillua certainly felt something. He did. Right after he landed a first step on the ground, his arm started to shake and couldn't stopped shaking. He tried to grab his arm with his other arm to stop from shaking, but it was no use. Detsu, who was beside him, looked up at him see if he was okay. Seeing he wasn't, she stepped in front to confront Shinji. The twenty second scene will set the first match of the match.

"Hanywa! Shinjei kun, ya shad forgive h'm, He's a rather hotheaded."

Detsu still mumbled with skipping few syllables in her sentence. With her lazy half opened eyes went another direction. This time she was staring at Junpei. She could feel the Hellbeast aura. She put her arm in front of her mouth and started to chew on the long sleeves that went over her hand. As she was chewing, She approached Junpei.

"Hye, can I fight him? He seems interesting."

Junpei, who was just standing with blank face finally responded. He was rather confused because he had no idea how this Magic competition worked and nor how to fight an opponent. Detsu grabbed his arm with both hands and nagged and nagged until he gave an answer.

"Umm, Umm, I don't even know how to fight. And also I don't fight girls."

"No! No! No!"

She consistently hit junpei's arm lightly.

"Ah, so he is that kind of a guy, interesting."

Kuren gave out a grin. This time, he stepped up to Junpei and offered to fight.

"I want to fight that bearded dude, but you seem interesting. And I'd like to beat rookie. How about it?"

Shinji went between them to interfere their awkward conversation.

"How about this? We'll pick draws of pick and same match will fight together."

Kuren just turned around and went back to where he was. Nora was talking to Maxias about where he was and what he was doing, but there was one girl standing with no word. She was just observing waiting to join the conversation. She was of course Randame. She was too slow witted, she just realized she was neglected by others.

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Stop ignoring me! I want to fight! too!"

"Eh?! We weren't ignoring you, it's just that you are no math for any of us. But we''l surely kill you because you are just a humble Hellbeast."

When Randame was about to make a tantrum, Shinji stopped her.

"C'lm down, will ya? She means no harm. She is just in custody."

Shinji looked at them and then turned around to Randame.

"And you are Hellbeast anyways, you can't even participate in Magic competition.. It is competition for only Mages."

Junpei tried to run away while Shinji was trying to find something he could use for draws. He paused for a second to think and came up to Junpei. He didn't even know hew was trying to escape, he was just too fast. He lifted his index finger upward just a little. Right when he did it, pieces of clothing were shattered.

"Ah Thanks. Now let's make a draw."

"Now, now, we have more mages here, remember."

Shinji now remembered there were Yuri, Sonya, and Kaori, but he wanted to know power source of how strong Junpei was. So, he pretended not to notice.

"Ara, ara? we did? I believe they left. Didn't you see them? You might be not used to their speed you know. They just went out long time ago."

Junpei was just speechless after hearing what Shinji had said.

"Eto, eto, eto, so we have You, Maxias, and Nora. Perfect!"

While he was saying pointing at Junpei, he put his another hand on the side to wipe out any objects on the floor making dozens of tables and benches broken into pieces.

"What the heck are you doing! You know how much they cost?!"

"It's fine, it's fine."

Shinji shrugged it off and looked at Yaru.

"I am assuming you have ground mage? How about this? If we win, you guys make brand new tables and benches?"

Yaru was looking kind of confused. He pushed his index finger on to his forehead to think. He then answered with another question.

"Hmm, it's not safe to reveal Mage's attribute in front of foes, but let's say we do. What's in it for us?"

"Ah! So yar in for a deal. I'll maybe challenge you to a serious battle exceptionally as master to master, and as Wind God."

Shinji was expecting him Yaru to accept his offer, but it didn't go as he planned. He shook left and right to decline the offer.

"Nah. Interesting offer, but it would be terrifying to actually fight against you in a real fight. and also in order to manipulate well, it would be better off with Dominator. Unfortunately, we only have Speedsters."

"C'mon, I thought you had so many talented..."

Before Shinji could finish the sentence, Yaru filled it for him. His words were sharp and short.

"No, we don't."

"Che! Liar."

Shinji sulked for a bit. With his face full of complaint, he snapped a finger to make a big whirl in the middle of the field. Next, he stretched his neck making cracking sound.

"Hah, so shall we begin? The circular mark I created on the ground will be the battle field. Do we have any problem with this?"

Of course Junpei didn't want to fight so he put his hand straight up, but Shinji ignored him.

"I guess no one has complaints. Let's make this quick, I am pissed about breaking my own furniture."

Nora approached Shinji giving the look. She whispered through his ears.

"Ya know, I bought those furniture. They were hella expensive."

Then she went into the ring determined to fight her opponent.

"So! Who will my opponent be?"

On the other side someone finally, stepped into the ring. It was Detsu. She stepped in pulling her legs making her feet touching on the ground every time she made a step. This was due to her big pajama, but also she was too lazy to make a full appropriate walk. She stretched her both arms and made one long yawn

"Nice cha mit. I wisha gud luc. Now shalli begin?"

Right when she finished talking the Magic competition first match of the first challenge had begun.

0