Book 1: Act II Scene 14
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Scene 14

 

Turning point

 

In the dark alley, where dozen of door attached to black walls and beside every door, there were ten to twelve papers pinned into the boards. Some papers were just full of lists of somebody and some were wanted posters. As the chilly wind swept through the floor, it brought disturbing atmosphere in the air. swarms of Mages were looking around to take a look at the posts and take an interest and the rest were just hanging at the bar drinking beers and wines. Behind every door viewed Mages drinking along having fun with carefree expression on their faces. They laughed and drank like there was no tomorrow. However, in one moment, they felt the chills when they sensed the heavy aura nearby. This aura was coming from Maxias when he encountered Julin and Duliah. All the swarming Mages in the alley started to gather where Three Mages were at They saw three Mages. one who was about to step away from Maxias and two in the bar. The fourteenth scene continues on where the last scene had left off.

 

Jest made a smirk as he stared Maxias in the eyes.

 

"Ho, ho, ho, my, my, who do we have here? I am surprised to see Thirteenth Swordsman like you in here in my bar, Wataruske Maxias, The Silent Swordsman. Since you are here, care to have a drink with me?"

 

Within the fire another fire coated hand stretched out to grab wine to fill in the glass just to hand it out to him, but he lifted his hand to say it wasn't the right time. Then the fire arm bent to Jest's side and he took the glass filled with wine instead. He took a sip and asked.

 

"I understand your situation, young Swordsman, but I suggest you don't start a fight in my bar. My priceless wines and extraordinary sakes, and varieties of beers I collected over many years are here in my bar after all. If you do, you might have to face me too. And you don't want this old man to be mad."

 

Maxias made a hand gesture saying that he didn't have to worry about it. He gradually narrowed down the distance. When he was close enough, he first grabbed Julin's collar and threw him out of the bar. Then again, he too threw Duliah out of the bar. Now they were all in the wide street. When he saw them lying in the street, he swished the air three or five times consecutively and put his katana in his sheathe. Right that moment, huge circle was drawn on the floor.

 

"I'll give you a choice. You can fight me inside of this circle. Kill me if you can, but I won't kill you. I will just give you two three times a damage my disciple had. However, if you try to get out of this circle and intending to escape the situation, I will kill you."

 

Julin and Duliah were trembling so bad, they couldn't say anything. They just nodded. Thereby, the battle between Maxias and duo began.

 

Right that moment, viewers expanded ending up surrounding the whole circle. They were so trembled, they still couldn't move. On the other hand, Maxias was full of energy ready to make a first move. He pushed his right foot front pushing the ground to dash toward them. The ground he stepped on was broken into pieces leaving a small mark. he swung the katana making a small energy wave.

 

Seeing that energy of wave coming toward Julin and Duliah, they panicked. They quickly rolled to the other side to barely dodge the wave. However, more frightening thing was, Maxias was coming to their way up ahead. Few seconds And like they expected, he appeared before them strike down his katana.

 

Duliah threw the dust away on the ground to make a distraction. She then quickly leaned her hand on the floor trying to make a move. At the end of his palm, azure magical circle appeared. The water started to leak out of the circle surrounding the two. And the water rise up to fill the front to block upcoming katana.

 

When Katana clashed the water, katana got trapped in the water. When it did, she moved her hand to the right side moving her fingers like she is playing the strings of cello with her fingers. Right that moment, katana was gradually dragged into the water. Next, as she raised her hand,

 

the ball of water took katana out of Maxias's hand. She took this opportunity to strike back. Julin approached along as well. The ball of water now separated into thousands of pieces and flew toward Maxias in a speed of bullet was shot from pistol leaving the katana in the mid air. As for Julin, he thrust his arm in front of him, good portion of fire burst out within the red magical circle instantly.

 

"ha~ You two are just amateur, aren't ya? Do you really think I can't fight without a katana, just because of the fact that I am a Swordsman?"

 

They were puzzled at one point at once so Maxias kept on explaining.

 

"Even though there is a case where we, Swordsmen lose our core weapon, physical training and real life experience is still within us. We don't center our weapons like you, Mages depend on your magic, no, we depend our experience alone in anywhere else."

 

His eyes glowed as he finished his sentence. And before they knew it, Maxias wasn't in front of them, but he was behind them. He side kicked julin from the right blowing both of them out. Duliah accumulated waters in every finger to attach the water on the ground so that she wouldn't knock back any further. However, Julin, on the other hand blew way back bumping his head on the solid ground.

 

"Urgh."

 

"Focus, Julin, where did all your confidence go? I too am trembling, but in battle ground, there will be times when you need to stay on your ground, even though you are bound to lose."

 

She summoned good amount of water out of nowhere and manipulated to flow in the air as she talked down on Julin for the first time.

 

"Ho~someone with experience I see, someone who might have been in Second War maybe?"

 

Maxias teased a bit to provoke them.

 

"Hmm, compared to your title, I am just unknown Mage who happened to A ranked Mage."

 

She slowly moved her hands to control the flowing water in the air.

 

"dodging the question, are we? You know it's not..."

 

Before he could finish his sentence, Duliah interrupted.

 

"Achnolo: Dellas Tauros (Underworld Creature: Fury guard)"

 

When she said it like she cast a spell, the water that were left behind rose up to make form of two arms sprouting out gathering both hands and smashed Maxias. The water was rock hard solid so despite the fact that he tried to block it with his lifting his rm, his arm was severely damaged.

 

He rubbed his other arm where he got damaged and looked toward over Duliah just to see blue water demon who had a form of human body and face of somewhat lizard with two horns sticking out left and right.

 

"Ah, hell, seriously? You use Achnolo against Swordsman like me? That's what I call exaggerated magic."

 

Maxias then let out a sigh loud sigh rubbing his back of his head acting like he had to deal with troublesome situation.

0